Poll: Mana or Focus?

Thread: Mana or Focus?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mana mana mana mana mana mana

Deleted
    Mana was cool, it allowed you to get a load of shots of, but then you had to either throttle dps (viper) or stop altogether (drink) to become useful again. You can still over-do it with focus, but it doesn't take as long to recover from. You have to get a rhythm going, which I think is a nice aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus.

I was very very sceptical at first and it took (and still takes) a big chunk of time to get used to, but ohh man, together with the other changes it makes soloing for example EZ mode.
    Mana felt 70% of the time like a endless rescource without any purpose. Raiding especially. In the end even 10s ICC hm wasn't a manaproblem anymore judging the seal OR repl was a mana overkill.

Connected with the other improvements of the class (the small things that kept bugging me for all the 6 years), this lead to a positive feeling about focus in the end. (altough tranq shot costs waaaaaay too much focus ) And I still think tweaking the numbers is not a problem. And yes I think we still have some very clunky, wired, silly or outdated mechanic (I STARE AT YOU TRAPS!)

€dit:
    My spelling is bad but I refuse to correct it now.
    Last edited by CrenVerdis; 2010-11-29 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling addition
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Focus. If for nothing else then for balancing issues. Was hunter DPS balanced around having to going to Viper? If not, thaen if you had to go to viper, your DPS was lower than it was supposed to be. If yes, then for what percentage of a fight? And what if you actually didnt have to go Viper? Then your DPS was higher than intended, thus braking balance....
    Another thing is that it is just cooler And god, I hated to drink or viper

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Focus.

The gameplay of focus is much more fun/fitting/interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who complain about "running out of mana" must be pretty bad people (at least raid wise). In a raid, you never had to switch to viper. There was a plethora of mana gaining in a raid environment. If you claim, you aren't bad, then either your gear was terrible, or your guild was so terrible that the encounters took that long to where you ran out of your resource. As for the purpose of the thread, I enjoyed mana more. I will stick with my hunter though, because after 5 years of 1 toon, I'm not switching now.
    Goochy

Quote Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
    People who complain about "running out of mana" must be pretty bad people (at least raid wise). In a raid, you never had to switch to viper. There was a plethora of mana gaining in a raid environment. If you claim, you aren't bad, then either your gear was terrible, or your guild was so terrible that the encounters took that long to where you ran out of your resource. As for the purpose of the thread, I enjoyed mana more. I will stick with my hunter though, because after 5 years of 1 toon, I'm not switching now.
    You shouldnt have mana issues in 25 mans, I agree. Maybe on progression fights wher you had to deal with lots of adds switching and attacking un debuffed targets.
    I was raiding in a 10 man guild and usually I just had to choose if I wanted small kings + might or small kings + wisdom... Also no mana returning debuffs on target usually. That meant for me that I could shoot 3-4 minutes till my blue bar was empty... (with 264 gear)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGY2L4--w

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus for pve, but mana for pvp, definitely.

If I wanted to use an energy-esque resource, I'd play my Rogue. Which is why my 5 year main Hunter is now parked in Org for good
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I prefer the Focus mechanic over Mana. Once you got a bit of gear under your belt mana almost ceased to exist. I would only have to worry about popping into AotV for a few seconds towards the end of the fight IF it lasted that long. Most of the time I'd end up with a near full mana bar at the end of an encounter due to replenishment effects. I actually have to pay attention to my Focus so I have enough for cooldowns. Its much more engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never again having to aspect-dance with Viper, drink between pulls, or cross my fingers and pray the mob gets JoW... all make me very happy.

Deleted
    Focus ofc! Have more fun with it and makes more sence then mana!

I hated my hunter so much that I just stopped playing it... with the focus though I like it enough that I'm making it my new main for cata
    It will be even better once we get aspect of the fox and can cast steady/cobra shot on the move to regen focus.... will be completely mobile except for autoshot which we can stutter-step for.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Never again having to aspect-dance with Viper, drink between pulls, or cross my fingers and pray the mob gets JoW... all make me very happy.
    same,focus <3 .. strange bit at beginning but later you'll see its good change

Personally I prefer Mana, but I'll get used to focus. For those of you complaining of "stance-dancing" Aspects, never an issue. On long boss fights, you are in AotV for 1 shot rotation before your FoM again, and based on your gear level vs. your raid, still finish the fight as top DPS if not top-5. No one cared what your DPS was on trash pulls, so that was the time to do DPS in Viper making sure your FoM for the boss, or the second trash pull. While leveling my hunter to 80 I stayed in viper the entire time, one to reduce downtime from mana, and it kept me from pulling agro off my pet (leveled with a wolf).

Focus seems a bit clunkier to me, but I think its the shot queueing thats getting in the way on that one, and we dont have all of our abilities available yet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like focus better but i seriously miss volley. I hate using multishot, cause it costs too much focus. and it doesnt always hit everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the finesse for mana was knowing when to AotV for the passive regen. Doing that, mana was never an issue.

Man, the people who were ever running out of mana must have been doing something terribly wrong. With all the replenishment available right before we got changed to Focus, I cannot even fathom ever running out of mana. I have no idea what you guys were doing...I rarely rarely rarely even had to go Viper. Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus! no doubt, its never end ^^

Focus by far, it makes our class far more unique.

L2 steady shot and have a proper rotation.