Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Radeon 5450 - $55-70
    Radeon 5670 - $85-100

$30 more for a whole different world of performance. There's no reason to ever suggest a 5450 outside of an HTPC.
    I agree Cil, but you would be suprized how many times I have had people opt to go with a 5450 over a 5670 or even a 5570, just to save that cash. Sometimes, people want the cheapest, and like it or not, this card is still an option.
    I try to push people toward the better bang-for-buck cards, but sometimes there is no amount of reasoning that convinces them.

And yes, used 4870 or similar card, for sure, but just like the cost difference complaints, some people dont want to even consider buying second hand.

Do you guys know exactly what the OP would consider? no. he asked for a decent, cheap card. Both decent and cheap are relative to the player, and their experiences and situations. Whats crap to you might be a huge improvement to someone else.
    I am merely trying to give a start point on NEW hardware, based on personal experience.

@Dethh: 100% agree. If it were a perfect world, everyone would have the best, and know the best. Used is most often a good choice, dont get me wrong, but like i said, it seems perfectly playable to me.
    I had the machine, (specs postedin my closed flamefest thread) running the 5450, post patch 4.0. Resolution @ 1920x1080. Video settings in WoW were set to 'good' in the slider, but shadows / water / sunshafts / particle density were all in low or off. I was in a populated dalaran @ between 25 to 35 fps. Seems pretty playable to me, considering the graphics could still go down a ways.
    Last edited by Deviant82; 2010-11-30 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant82 View Post
    I had the machine, (specs postedin my closed flamefest thread) running the 5450, post patch 4.0. Resolution @ 1920x1080. Video settings in WoW were set to 'good' in the slider, but shadows / water / sunshafts / particle density were all in low or off. I was in a populated dalaran @ between 25 to 35 fps. Seems pretty playable to me, considering the graphics could still go down a ways.
    Shadows, Water, Sunshafts, and Particle Density are the only settings that rely on the GPU to be used. Shadows also has heavy CPU usage, but is still based on GPU.

Now do you see the fault in getting a 5450?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

With my recent experiences, which are rather effing shitty, from AMD-Ati's "marvelous" Powerplay-feature (which you can't disable), I can do nothing but strongly advice NOT to buy any of their products. Buy a GeForce.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fanboy-ism is frowned upon. Lots of people here have had 0 problems with AMD and nVidia, please take your bias somewhere else.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I hear ya Demon, for sure.
    Just offered it as a bottom line option, thats all man.
    I wouldn't want to run one either, thats for sure.