Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How do you get to Mt. Hyjal and Vash'jir?

well, the topic says it all, im just wondering if anyone here knows how to get into Mt. Hyjal and Vash'jir when cata comes, so i dont need to wander around when it arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Recruitment board in the middle of org and SW send you there iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be breadcrumb quests from SW and Org, and I believe they include your initial transportation there.

This is exactyly why im questing in Vash'ir rather than hyjal, idiots wont be able to get there

Deleted
    ok, thx, then i dont have to wander around =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attaxor View Post
    This is exactyly why im questing in Vash'ir rather than hyjal, idiots wont be able to get there
    But trolls who can't spell exactly will?

Deleted
    Actually, you can just fly there from Dun Morough - even though there's fatigue bar in the middle, you will get there before it expires.

And why do you suspect that is?

Edit: Late again...

It may have been a troll,But i still Lol'd.

yeah there is an area in org and sw that will be the "hub" to your cata experience. has a group of stones in a circle, and end up having some portals as well. the quest lines started there will send you off to the zones. like when you goto deepholm the first time you get ported to the outside of it standing next to Thrall doing some casting over the vortex, and then you descend into it and end up in deepholm.

so yeah, come the night of the 6th, just chill out in your home city of org or stormwind and all shall be ready when midnight hits and cata goes live. city should empty out rather quick

there will be bread crumbs starting at either org or sw and a portal should take you there from your said city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Both will be very packed. The introduction to Vash'jir is a ton more exciting than the Hyjal intro though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde get sent to Hyjal
    Alliance get sent to Vash

Have fun if you're on a PvP server questing with all the alliance.
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocator View Post
    Horde get sent to Hyjal

Don't misinform the general public like that.

Both factions get to choose which place they'd prefer to start at. The boards offer breadcrumbs to both places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkwayell View Post
    But trolls who can't spell exactly will?
    No, lol. Good one man

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 11:15 PM ----------

Horde get sent to Hyjal

And you get sent to GM island?

Actually, from my experience in Beta, that is not entirely true. All anyone needs to get to Vashj'ir is the lead quest, which tells everyone to go down to the docks and get on a boat. That starts off the adventure. In many ways it is actually the simplest one to get to.

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 04:38 PM ----------

Horde get sent to Hyjal

That is so not true. In fact, in Beta the first area that most players went to by choice was Hyjal, both Alliance AND Horde. Where you 'choose' to go is base purely off of which one of the leading quests you want to do first, not on what faction you are or where you are sent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always love it when people aren't that patient to wait till the expansion comes and find out for themselves =D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post
    Always love it when people aren't that patient to wait till the expansion comes and find out for themselves =D.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a plan for when the cataclysm content goes live.

Unhappy Horde get screwed?

I just got done looking up the 3 different portals in Cataclysm i will list them for you and you can decide ( bare in mine i am horde and will always be)
    Alliance Get...
    1. A portal to Tol Barad
    2. A portal to Vash'ir
    3. A portal to Mount Hyjal

Horde Get...
    1. A portal to Mount Hyjal
    2. A boat to Vash'ir? Not 100% sure the boat will take you to Vash'ir just speculation from what i read.
    3. And i cant find anything about a portal to Tol Barad for the horde.

In conclusion blizzard loves the alliance and all the damn whiners it brings. This makes me sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazeyCaleb View Post
    I just got done looking up the 3 different portals in Cataclysm i will list them for you and you can decide ( bare in mine i am horde and will always be)
    Alliance Get...
    1. A portal to Tol Barad
    2. A portal to Vash'ir
    3. A portal to Mount Hyjal

Horde Get...
    1. A portal to Mount Hyjal
    2. A boat to Vash'ir? Not 100% sure the boat will take you to Vash'ir just speculation from what i read.
    3. And i cant find anything about a portal to Tol Barad for the horde.

In conclusion blizzard loves the alliance and all the damn whiners it brings. This makes me sad!!
    in orgrimmar at the cliff to the far north of the city is a stone circle where you get sent to deephome at lvl 83. to the west of that is 3 guards, 1 who will send you with portal to tol'barad at lvl 85