Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Donating part of the proceeds of an item for sale is as much about driving sales as it is about the particular company being solely motivated by good will. I refer you to the article linked below. As an added bonus for Blizzard, who spent next to nothing creating these virtual pixels, because the donation will be made in their name and not yours they will get a significant tax write off over and above the millions of dollars they make themselves.

    Compare and contrast the Blizzard offer to Yoko Ono's donation of ALL the proceeds from iTune sales of John Lennon's Give Peace a chance to the United Nations until the end of the year if you want to "measure" the scale of Blizzard's generosity.

    If Blizzard were truly motivated by Charity they would voluntarily donate to a variety of charities and/or Champion a particular cause and create a program to promote giving to charities using their vast customer base similar to Ronald McDonald houses which are sponsored by the company as well as individual donations at franchises or any other countless examples.

    While this "offer" is without a doubt a good deal for the Children's Wish Foundation if you think Blizzard's main motivation is charitable giving I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4022433&page=1
    Last edited by Sensa; 2010-11-30 at 12:56 AM.

  2. #42
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    90% of the time, I forget I can even have companions.
    Thats why there are many pet addons like Guppet to auto summon pets you want.

  3. #43
    Being a moonkin, how can I NOT get the moonkin hatchling? Was super disappointed when I found it would be in the online pet-store - lame-o. But isn't he just the cutest little thing EVER?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    Donating part of the proceeds of an item for sale is as much about driving sales as it is about the particular company being solely motivated by good will. I refer you to the article linked below. As an added bonus for Blizzard, who spent next to nothing creating these virtual pixels, because the donation will be made in their name and not yours they will get a significant tax write off over and above the millions of dollars they make themselves.

    Compare and contrast the Blizzard offer to Yoko Ono's donation of ALL the proceeds from iTune sales of John Lennon's Give Peace a chance to the United Nations until the end of the year if you want to "measure" the scale of Blizzard's generosity.

    If Blizzard were truly motivated by Charity they would voluntarily donate to a variety of charities and/or Champion a particular cause and create a program to promote giving to charities using their vast customer base similar to Ronald McDonald houses which are sponsored by the company as well as individual donations at franchises or any other countless examples.

    While this "offer" is without a doubt a good deal for the Children's Wish Foundation if you think Blizzard's main motivation is charitable giving I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4022433&page=1
    I couldn't agree with you more.

    I am very disappointed with bliz that we only get an achievement without shelling out extra dollars...

    Edit:

    I can see where this marketing is headed, first it will be vanity items, then it will be non vanity items...
    Last edited by tokn; 2010-11-30 at 01:08 AM.

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    409
    I'm not sure if it's just me but I've yet to get the achievement for 6th aniversary

  6. #46
    I'm not sure if it's just me but I've yet to get the achievement for 6th aniversary
    Not everywhere is the 30th yet... Also, if it's like previous years, you'll have to log out and back in to get credit for the achievement.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tokn View Post
    I can see where this marketing is headed, first it will be vanity items, then it will be non vanity items...
    There is a huge difference between selling items that have no impact on the game for real money and selling loot for real money. I doubt Blizzard will ever cross that line and I think they are smart enough not to.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    There is a huge difference between selling items that have no impact on the game for real money and selling loot for real money. I doubt Blizzard will ever cross that line and I think they are smart enough not to.
    That's where you're wrong, greed knows no bounds my friend...

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skatepark
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by khythil View Post
    I Do not see why they sell these pets for RL money but when it comes to buying gold for that broke toon thats a huge nono, come on blizz you make 99mil a month just off of us signing up monthly, why do you need more money for some dumb pet. Why not put the pet in game and make a cool achievement that you have to do to get the pets. No that would probably be to hard like putting out a game on patch day with no bugs so that the ppl that pay 14.99 a month to you guys can actually say that it was worth it. This in no way has anything bad about mmo-champion you guys are great and thank you for bringing us our nerd news for the day.
    How bout they give half the proceeds to charity and do whatever else with the rest? Seriously, why is a company not entitled to make money? If you don't want to spend money on the pet don't buy it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    Seriously, why is a company not entitled to make money?
    Are you serious? What do you think the purchase of game+expac+monthly sub goes towards?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    What a dick move, not having an Anniversary pet this year, but releasing Lil' Rag at the same time.

    I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and put a link to the Pet Store in the Achievement box.
    What (s)he said
    I normally don't complain about they tricks to make money such as the horse mount, the plushies, ... but this move is just terribly low even though it goes to charity..
    didn't they mention at blizzcon it would be 100% btw? might be wrong, but thought I heared so.

  12. #52
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tokn View Post
    That's where you're wrong, greed knows no bounds my friend...
    A lot of companies went out of business with a pure profit strategy and disregarding their customers. If they'd ever sell items they would lose money and they know it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by tokn View Post
    I can see where this marketing is headed, first it will be vanity items, then it will be non vanity items...
    Having played a few free to play MMORPGS which is financed by selling In-game items I can't see it going further than this. The closest thing Blizzard may do with selling non-vanity items will be if they release a new free-to-play game.

    Anyway, why not complain at your local supermarket for trying to sell you stuff you don't need? I mean, once they offer you something completely new to buy, you should really complain. Blizzard is just like your local super market a company which sells stuff. Occasional they decide to try something new or different, and there is nothiing wrong with this. Blizzard is not any special exception from this. If they are by any chance I would want to hear why.

    Some of you guys seem to think Blizzard is doing some public service thing..they are not lol..

  14. #54
    The Patient Bamahut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Entropy
    Posts
    334
    I'm a sucker and got Lil Ragi, to bad it isn't part of the donation!

  15. #55
    @ Boubouille the exact date
    "To celebrate, players that log into the game between the dates of November 30th and December 14th will receive a feat of strength added to their Achievements."

    Blue quote http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...th-anniversary

  16. #56
    This is from the EU - english store:

    Once activated, this World of Warcraft in-game pet key applies to all present and future characters on a single North American World of Warcraft license.

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skatepark
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by tokn View Post
    Are you serious? What do you think the purchase of game+expac+monthly sub goes towards?
    To making money and paying bills. The world doesn't run on charity alone.

  18. #58
    I think its starting to get redundant of mini versions of npcs

  19. #59
    Wtb mini moonkin with equally mini starfall

  20. #60
    I am going to be flamed big time but I will still say it..... Jesus Christ! Wth are you guys paying for pets specially when you are already paying monthly for the game itself? Everything should be included in the $15/Month but because of retarded people(ones paying for pets) like you they are getting encouraged to make stores like pet store to make/rip more money from people. But yeah those who buy pets from the store are probably going to say, "You don't make any sense" because obviously they are retarded. Hopefully because of you guys they will start selling weapons/armors soon.

    FLAME ON!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •