Poll: Is Lil' Ragnaros' "Cooking Fire" Ability Too Much?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is Lil' Ragnaros' "Cooking Fire" Ability Too Much?

For those who do not know, one of the two newest pets available in the Blizzard store for $10 (coincidentally the non-charity pet) has the passive ability to act as a cooking fire whenever it's out.

I realize it may not be much, but this is another step in the direction of in-game perks for real-life money.

What do you think? Is this ability for a critter too much, especially since it's only purchasable with real-life money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you just LEARN cooking, you can make a cooking fire, so it doesn't really matter all that much, just saves a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

It does not. Basic Campfire no longer has any reagant cost, it's on a relatively short CD, and you can pretty much find a brazier/cooking pot/other BC every 5 sec you stroll in a town.
    Just like TFGaB said, the best it will do is save you a sec or 2.
    Lil Rag will not help you take down a mob or a boss.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I kinda agree with the other posters that you're making too much out of this.

Anyone who would benefit from a cooking fire (read: cooks) can already make a cooking fire the moment they learn the cooking skill. It's not giving any advantage to anyone for real-life money, because anyone that would stand to gain from it can already do it for free.

It's amusing and saves time, nothing more.

didnt the cooking fire regent cost get removed way back in tbc ? and since when does cooking fast mater other than if you mess up and dont bring you frood and the boss big speach RP bit is on ? it just a gimic like the trucky pet "sensing destiny" jumping into the fire bit ... hmm will the turcky jump into lil Ragnaros ? now that would be comical
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Hmmm... has anyone tested pulling out the turkey pet next to Lil' Rag in game yet?

OT: No, it's not too much.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I think it's a nice little benefit for $10. Not like it's any advantage, and it saves me from having to whip out my fire.

Basic campfire has a 5 min CD, and it lasts for 5 minutes.

A pet that is on fire that just happens to have a joke side affect is fine.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

It's an extremely minor perk. Even sparklyhorse perk of adjusting to flying\non-flying was bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Hmmm... has anyone tested pulling out the turkey pet next to Lil' Rag in game yet?

OT: No, it's not too much.

This, now to find someone with a turkey pet hmmm...

Upon Testing there is no interaction, good idea though.
    Last edited by Adahy; 2010-11-29 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people seriously complaining about this?

This is not a HUGE Deal, but I do get where the OP is coming from. He means it's something simple, but it is still an in-game perk that was bought with Real Money. Now what if blizzard does starting adding more things such as that, but they're not as simple as this?

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Are people seriously complaining about this?
    There are few constants in life - people complaining on the internet about the most inane bullshit is one of them.

Deleted
    I'd agree with the op for the simple fact that he has a good point: that is if you let them get away with little stuff like this then eventually it builds up slowly to point where it would be possiable to buy game changing items. Lets not forget at the end of the day blizzard is a company and their lord and masters arnt adverse to the kinda thing that op is worried about.

Wow your upset about them selling a pet, for 10$ that functions as a fricking cooking fire? Oh boy next blizzard is going to start selling mounts. Oh wait. . .
    I'm going to do some real damage!

There is literally NOTHING that people won't bitch and moan about isn't there?

Unless this "camp fire" buff provides any kind of actual benefit in combat there is no reason to QQ about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    For those who do not know, one of the two newest pets available in the Blizzard store for $10 (coincidentally the non-charity pet) has the passive ability to act as a cooking fire whenever it's out.

I realize it may not be much, but this is another step in the direction of in-game perks for real-life money.

What do you think? Is this ability for a critter too much, especially since it's only purchasable with real-life money?
    why do people think a good idea is always OP?

You know, vegetation does not reflect in the water.

OT: No, I don't think his ability is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwiid37 View Post
    I'd agree with the op for the simple fact that he has a good point: that is if you let them get away with little stuff like this then eventually it builds up slowly to point where it would be possiable to buy game changing items. Lets not forget at the end of the day blizzard is a company and their lord and masters arnt adverse to the kinda thing that op is worried about.
    Horrible first post.

This is not a "slippery slope" - its a side effect, likely intended to be a joke. Find something meaningful to complain about.

Deleted
    imagine healers having these for +4 spirit D: HAX!

OT: Not a perk, just a lol