Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retri 4.0.1 - Finally we got an interrupt!

Finally an interrupt! But at what cost?

Lost:
    - Judgement of Light
    - Sacred Shield
    - Flash of Light from Art of War
    - Dispel Magic
    - Freedom doesn't free stuns anymore

Gained:
    - Rebuke
    - Word of Glory

Now I do realise that we do generate Holy Power quite fast, and yes, Word of Glory is a very strong heal, but it IS a lot of damage lost when you use your holy power on Word of Glory instead of Zealotry or Templar's Verdict.

But what do you guys think? Do you think the trade of mobility and survivability was worth it to get an interrupt?

/discuss
    Last edited by Forx; 2010-11-29 at 04:04 PM.

Well you had to choose between an instant flash of light and instant exorcism before - so it was choosing between damage and survivability; its the same now just more pronounced (WoG heals for more and TV hits harder)

Rebuke is very nice and its about time we got an interrupt, and whilst long arm of the law isn't ideal at least it's something of a gap closer which was always an issue. Better than nothing.

As for whether or not it was a decent trade, it totally depends on the class you're facing but overall I like the changes.

The only exception is not being able to dispel magic, this hurts a lot but on the upside it now dispels all movement impairing effects, including non magical ones - though most classes that have these aren't kitting us anyway hehe.

- Judgement of Light
    we got seal of insight. it does the same thing except it being a seal.

- Sacred Shield
    will miss this one as retribution paladin.

- Flash of Light from Art of War
    with changes to crit I'm happy we got WoG back for it.

- Dispel Magic
    patch 4.0 was nasty... but patch 4.03a made cleanse better for our mobility then it was 3.3.5.

- Freedom doesn't free stuns anymore
    a free trinket vs stuns every 20 seconds ain't fair tbh, but I'll miss this a LOT. especially now when like every class has a stun.

Oh wow I fail, I never realised that they changed Cleanse to dispel a movement impairing effect! That does help a lot indeed.

About WoG and TV, I don't really consider it the same as Exorcism and FoL. Exorcism had a 15 seconds cooldown back then, so you'd only be able to use it once every 15 seconds and you'd be free to use the other Art of War procs on FoL without sacrificing damage.

As for Seal of Insight, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to have to sealswap mid combat to survive and that sort of stuff. Not sure if we'll end up having enough mana to be able to do that, but it is a possibility for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    - Judgement of Light
    Except there was Seal of Light before. Seal of Insight is just merged Seal of Light and Wisdom, not a replacement for Judgment of Light.

Deleted
    Melee range interrupt... Blizzard might as well have not bothered considering how bad retri gap-closing and kite-ability is at the moment. How bad does a frost mage or SPriest have to be to let you get close enough to Rebuke them? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Melee range interrupt... Blizzard might as well have not bothered considering how bad retri gap-closing and kite-ability is at the moment. How bad does a frost mage or SPriest have to be to let you get close enough to Rebuke them? Seriously.
    It works pretty well on Warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forx View Post
    Oh wow I fail, I never realised that they changed Cleanse to dispel a movement impairing effect! That does help a lot indeed.

About WoG and TV, I don't really consider it the same as Exorcism and FoL. Exorcism had a 15 seconds cooldown back then, so you'd only be able to use it once every 15 seconds and you'd be free to use the other Art of War procs on FoL without sacrificing damage.

As for Seal of Insight, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to have to sealswap mid combat to survive and that sort of stuff. Not sure if we'll end up having enough mana to be able to do that, but it is a possibility for sure.
    about AoW: i have to disagree with this. AoW wasn't healing without sacrificing damage when exorcism was off CD. you need to remember that all our DPS abilities are on the GCD, which means that if you use FoL, you either delay or lose damage from another ability. this is also a DPS sacrifice. the current HoPo is even comparatively a greater DPS loss, since TV has a 40%chance to proc a HoPo, while WoG doesn't. your WoG costs 3.4/3 of a TV, while a FoL at most costed the cost of a judgement, which hit about as hard as a HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Well you had to choose between an instant flash of light and instant exorcism before - so it was choosing between damage and survivability; its the same now just more pronounced (WoG heals for more and TV hits harder)

it is not the same because exorcism had a cooldown and you could spend your unused art of war procs on flash of light while u waited for the cooldown

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 02:43 PM ----------

- Judgement of Light
    wrong no raid heals and less group utility

wait spriest kite you? how? I have yet to see a spriest be able to kite a melee of any kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    wait spriest kite you? how? I have yet to see a spriest be able to kite a melee of any kind.
    do they have to? dots as they are right now are insane ... i was running around on my horse and a priest passed by me in the opposite direction he immediately dismounted and put 2 dots on me SWP and Devouring plague, i didn't feel like fighting or dismounting and it kept running , by the time the dots reached 6 seconds i was dead on the ground, and that was with 35k hp >.>

SPriests don't really kite, but like the only important spell you would interupt they cast while your feared anyway.

Long Arm of the Law and Hand of Freedom, followed by a TV crit and that's one dead mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Listra View Post
    Long Arm of the Law and Hand of Freedom, followed by a TV crit and that's one dead mage.
    More like Long Arm of the Law, hand of Freedom, Get Spell Stolen, Get Snared, Stand there waiting for the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    More like Long Arm of the Law, hand of Freedom, Get Spell Stolen, Get Snared, Spam Cleanse while the snares get reapplied.
    Fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Fixed.
    Oh thanks I knew I'd missed something : P

15+ Year Old Account
    Because TV hits as hard as an instant cast Icelance :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Because TV hits as hard as an instant cast Icelance :P
    jeah what's up with that? patch 4.03a didn't nerf icelance damage or wut? came in WSG with 3 alliance frost mages eating 14k ice lance each....

15+ Year Old Account
    jeah what's up with that? patch 4.03a didn't nerf icelance damage or wut? came in WSG with 3 alliance frost mages eating 14k ice lance each....
    Its because Casters can still gem for Spell Pen, while our Physical attacks hit for less damage.

Balance at its finest.

Blink, iceblock, invis, spellsteal.. yeah still any mage who let a paladin come close to them deserves to die.