Thread: Dark Archangel

Dark Archangel

Hi everyone!

I'm usually a lurker, but I felt the need to open a thread to ask a couple of thing about Dark Archangel, because I'm not sure that I understood entirely this ability.

Currently, dps-wise, if I'm not mistaken it boosts by 20% MF, MB, MSp and SWD, but it consumes our stacks of Evangelism, that increase our dots' damage by 10%. I'v read, weeks ago, that Archangel's buff does not stack with Evangelism, but recently I haven't found many discussions about this talent, so here I am with my (maybe stupid) questions.

1) Is it true that Evangelism and Archangel don't stack?
    2) Is it true that during Archangel MF will not make Evangelism stacks?
    3) How can this ability be a reliable 'dps cooldown' if DoTs and MF are our main sources of damage and basically using it would lower the damage of our dots and improve MF damage by only 10% (considering the loss of Evangelism, if they don't stack)?
    4) Is it intendend (as I heard) as a 'add-burning-CD' with MSp spam or a 'execute-CD' with SWD spam?
    5) Even if Evangelism will stack with Archangel, will a 20% damage bonus on those spell be a consistent buff (considering also its low cooldown), considering that among those only the MF boost seems to be a great gain? Or at 85 MB will become a great source of damage - and that 20% will be significant?

That's all. Sorry if these question may sound silly, but as I wrote it's been a while since I found a thread on this subject, and couldn't find answers.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    My sources have told me that right before the beta ended, while you had Arch Angel up you would still continue to stack evangelism. So if you manage to time it right it will only increase your damage. As long as you only use Arch Angel after you've just refreshed your dots you shouldn't even loose the Evangelism buff for you dots at all.

So its a 20% damage buff to half our spells on a 1 min 30 sec cd with no drawbacks, as far as I know.

with the healing version of archangel, Evangelism restacks as soon as you cast archangel, i dont see why they would change that for spriests
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

If Evangelism and Archangel didn't stack it sure would be a dps loss (currently you MB only to release shadow orbs for 10% dmg buff at 3orb or every 15sec to refresh it) but as the above say they stack and it's a dps increase....just not a big one if you want my opinion (you hardly consider it a dps cooldown).

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie View Post
    If Evangelism and Archangel didn't stack it sure would be a dps loss (currently you MB only to release shadow orbs for 10% dmg buff at 3orb or every 15sec to refresh it) but as the above say they stack and it's a dps increase....just not a big one if you want my opinion (you hardly consider it a dps cooldown).
    Thanks for all the answers.

It appears that only the fifth question remains partially unanswered. Personally I agree with Elothie and feel that as for now, the dps gain will be very minor, except maybe for add burning/execute phases... I don't know, Archangel seems... A bit clunky and ephemeral. :\

15+ Year Old Account
    I might personally use it asap in a fight to possibly help offset our ramp up with our mastery and other aspects by increasing MF/MB damage (granted getting 5 stacks and then getting 5 more stacks to really start to roll the damage is ramp up time in and of itself =/).

Other than that it's definitely something to be sure to have up sub 25% so that pew pew SWD 'spams' can be even more pew pew. Can be timed to get 2 sets of 2 casts from it during the 18s of uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    1) Is it true that Evangelism and Archangel don't stack?
    2) Is it true that during Archangel MF will not make Evangelism stacks?
    3) How can this ability be a reliable 'dps cooldown' if DoTs and MF are our main sources of damage and basically using it would lower the damage of our dots and improve MF damage by only 10% (considering the loss of Evangelism, if they don't stack)?
    4) Is it intendend (as I heard) as a 'add-burning-CD' with MSp spam or a 'execute-CD' with SWD spam?
    5) Even if Evangelism will stack with Archangel, will a 20% damage bonus on those spell be a consistent buff (considering also its low cooldown), considering that among those only the MF boost seems to be a great gain? Or at 85 MB will become a great source of damage - and that 20% will be significant?
    Going from the latest build on Beta:
    1) It's not true. Evangelism and Archangel do stack
    2) It's not true. Evangelism stacks during DA, and therefore we get the statement in 1)
    3) Use it when you just refreshed your DoTs. Also Mindflay provides 4 stacks in 1 cast
    4) You get 2 at most 4 SW's during DA. Msp is only worth it if mobs live less than 10 seconds, and i could count those mobs in Cata probably with 1 hand.
    5) MB is 10% of our damage. As stated in 3) use it right after reapplying Dots, then continue with MB (or SW in execute range), then Flay.