Poll: Which tree of life form will you use in Cataclysm?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'll be using the new tree form, but I do have a few reservations, hoever:

1) I will be race changing my Night Elf druid to Worgen, pronto. The indignity of popping my uber CD for those "healing is serious bizness" times, only to transform into a giant pink brocolli spear is just embarassing. It's not a tree, it's a rabid giant cotton candy on a rampage. My Tauren druid is fine, thank you very much.

2) I don't have a problem with most of the visuals, except that when I see it, 99% of the time I am looking down on it from behind. Sadly, from that angle, the posture and the odd torso and leg jointing gives off the unmistakable apperance of a very full diaper. While I was never a fan of the previous model, essentially a cranky and toothless geriatric denuded treant, I would have preferred something closer to a classic Ancient, over the aging incontinent hippy we've been given.

3) No dance. It's embarassing to /cast dance, see the text that you are "dancing with X" only to see your big lug just sitting there, minding his own business. To add further insult to injury, we do have an animation for eat/drink, but between the grunting and the squatting, it looks like the poor thing is desperately trying to fill his already packed diaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Where's the

"I'm tired of hearing resto druids whine about losing a permanent tree form (which was never even in the original Druid design), or about how the new tree of life looks, or asking who's going to use what tree form?"

Seriously, between these posts and bears crying about, well, everything, the forums have become monotonous.
    I love you, this so much. New mmo-champ users must think a bunch of pre-teen girls play druids after the last few weeks worth of terrible threads.

That said, I love the new creepy tree. I pop it whenever it's up just because I like to see it flail.

Aesthetics aren't something that should be cared about too much (at least when trying to get the most out of your character). There are other minors that provide much more use and convenience than using that slot to change how your ToL looks.
    Leksi, Restoration Druid of <Deus Vox>

New one ! Imho - it's just great how it looks =)

10+ Year Old Account
    new one, almost 5 years in one form gets old. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

The treant. The new model looks horrible in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    the new tree of life.. as the old one is a treant. Let me explain my logic.

balance druid, pops his treants... do they heal him.. no they DPS
    out in the wild, you attack a random roaming treant.. does it heal itself? no it DPS's..

the old tree form never ever made sense, now it actuallly looks like a tree of life.
    Actually the treant mobs under dalaran put rejuvenations on themselves leveled my weapon skills to 400 on those mobs a few days before the patch.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    The new tree form does not dance.
    Boooooooooo!

i like the new version IMO. i like actually seeing the gear i earn, not that the old one was terrible... the terror emote was awsome (if it is /terror cant remember atm)

I'm one for classic styles, so I'll be sticking with the original treant. The new Ancient-look just doesn't appeal to me.
    On the topic of the QQs on the forums for the past few weeks, true resto druids won't be complaining. I like the new style. I like seeing the armor I work my ass off for, and when taken into consideration, the ToL CD is now basically a healing time bomb because as soon as you hit it, you go beast mode on the raid.

Old, new form looks too.....big.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Lock is super sad that he can no longer keep Treeform Druids locked down with Banish for 17 seconds straight and then chain feared for another 17.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhar View Post
    I'll be using the new tree form, but I do have a few reservations, hoever:

1) I will be race changing my Night Elf druid to Worgen, pronto. The indignity of popping my uber CD for those "healing is serious bizness" times, only to transform into a giant pink brocolli spear is just embarassing. It's not a tree, it's a rabid giant cotton candy on a rampage. My Tauren druid is fine, thank you very much.

2) I don't have a problem with most of the visuals, except that when I see it, 99% of the time I am looking down on it from behind. Sadly, from that angle, the posture and the odd torso and leg jointing gives off the unmistakable apperance of a very full diaper. While I was never a fan of the previous model, essentially a cranky and toothless geriatric denuded treant, I would have preferred something closer to a classic Ancient, over the aging incontinent hippy we've been given.

3) No dance. It's embarassing to /cast dance, see the text that you are "dancing with X" only to see your big lug just sitting there, minding his own business. To add further insult to injury, we do have an animation for eat/drink, but between the grunting and the squatting, it looks like the poor thing is desperately trying to fill his already packed diaper.
    I was about to post the very same thing, but instead I'll just quote you for truth. <3

Old form > new form because new form can't dance!

But seriously, using a different form than the other resto druid in my raid would help me tell myself apart from them when we're both in tree form. I can't count the times I mistook myself for another resto druid and didn't realize I was the one standing in fire/etc in Wotlk and BC. But then again now that it's on cool-down most of the time maybe that's not such an issue anymore... ... well except if I am with the same race and same gender druid wearing the exact same gear as someone else in my raid, and of course all tier gear and even the non-tier stuff often looks basically the same... sigh...

15+ Year Old Account
    i prefer the old tree of life form

10+ Year Old Account
    New ToL Broski. Its huge, and awesome, and cool. And also awesome.

Deleted
    Saw some pics of the new form in development and thought it was a joke. Saw someone change into it in game the other day and realised it wasn't. Couldn't decide to laugh or cry.

I loved the old tree form, I thought it looked cool and was what got me into my first healing class, which has now become my favourite healer too. Disappointed at the cooldown since I dislike the Nelf casting animations, so hoping to enjoy Worgen resto more. Will definitely be glyphing old treant form asap though.

New tree is boss

Deleted
    New form looks pretty... strange...

PVE: new
    PVP: old - old tree form is still a little more subtle then the new one )