Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Race Decisions - Alliance.

Hi Guys, Hope you're having a good week!

My question I pose to you is as follows;

I have always played a Female Dwarf as I like being a bit more unique and I like Stone-form and the animations. I was looking at Race changing to Gnome for it's obvious PvE [& PvP] boost but I'm having issues deciding which! Do I just love dwarves too much?! It's bugging me ALOT.

Thanks Guys, Thoughts?

Gnomes have, 3% or 5% to their maximum mana or something? oh and the have a somewhat trinket like ability, quite useful. Humans get the 3% spirit boost (which should be fairly good come Cata), the free Trinket, and 10% increased rep gains, which is godly and why I picked human. Dwarves do have a nice PvP talent though.

tl;dr pick whatever race you like looking at, whichever has cast animations you like more. Whichever has better racials is irrelevant if you can't stand looking at them for hours on end. I picked my first character, female NE hunter, over everything else because I liked the Night Elf dances and the way she shot a bow. Racials don't make or break it.

Deleted
    My Love of Dwarves shall continue, Thanks. =] I feel SLIGHTLY better now!

reroll to anything, honestly anything is better than a dwarf, sorry but its true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    (...) Racials don't make or break it.
    ^ This, unless you're in a highest-end raiding environment. And even in those guilds there will be a bunch of people playing a race to their liking, as long as they get their job done. So, hf with your dwarf(ette)

i agree with Chewinor, race is pretty much just an asthetic choice. The differances offer minor gameplay changes, but unless you're trying to min-max your character for your class, just go with what looks right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covert0ne View Post
    My Love of Dwarves shall continue, Thanks. =] I feel SLIGHTLY better now!
    Dwarves will have a nice perk to archaeology. Plus I mean come on, Dwarves rock. I love their lore, attitudes, emotes and pretty much everything about them. All 5 of my level 80s are Dwarf now

if you are rich, go for human first (10% more rep makes grinding rep for enchant + gears in beginnin of cata faster), afterwards go female noam priest as they give 5% intellect buff (useful in all specs) and they r damn sweet. but tbh female dwarf looks rly kind and is perfectly fitting for a healing priest.
    Sup

Deleted
    Out of pure interest, What would be more beneficial if you were trying to achieve the best stat's you could? I play Disc PvE & PvP.

Deleted
    Beneficial is a little bit in the eye of the beholder and what you need it for.
    Quick overview (correct me, if I'm wrong, plz!):

Human: Basically a free trinket, which comes in handy in PvP + PvE, quicker Rep grind through racial, more spirit; very useful in PvP/Grinding, less useful for raids (see regenthread for more info)
    Dwarf: Archeologyboost, Stoneform; nice for PvE other than raids, situational in PvP/PvE
    Worgen: Sry, haven't played one yet.
    NElf: Shadowmeld, smaller chance to be hit. Nice for PvP, at best situational for PvE (unless you count Wisp, but who wants to plan for multiple wipes?)
    Draenai: +Hit mostly, Very nice as long as you're shadow, useful for grp., if you're healer. Other than that, not all too good, except for aggressive PvP
    Gnome: 5% larger Manapool, able to get out of snares etc.; PvE atm the best choice, due to larger manapool, better reg (see regensticky, as to why), useful in PvP. My personal choice, though I really love Gnomes and might be a little biased.

Sry, if I missed something, posting from work

Roll a female gnome they are all cute and cuddly in a totally non perverse way.

I could be wrong but I vaguely remember something back near the beginning of beta about them increasing the the speed of all ghosts so the wisps wouldn't have that "advantage" anymore. Also shadowmeld is nice for priest in the event of a wipe and if you can find a good corner to hide. Doesn't always work, but when it does it is a niffty way to get things reset quickly.

Gnome is quite great. They're still short and awesome and have a very Dwarven 'feel' to them, so you're not betraying your roots at all.

Join us! We have Iced Cream!

And yes, I recently changed to Gnome as well. My guild is going Alliance for Cata.. no more Britney Spears dance, huzzah!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just rolled a gnome priest, loving how happy and bouncy she is
    My main is belf priest, and I have to turn off her vocals cause I couldn't stand them.... so having a character is cute and fun is a nice change.

Deleted
    I'm a Draenei female and ill never switch, the casting animations and movement look great compared to other races I've tried. At the time the +1% to hit was legendary NEVER MIND, Draenei still kick ass!

Looks>Racial
    Alliance
    Gnome female
    Dwarf female
    Gnome male (Trollface)

Horde
    Tauren female
    Troll female
    Blood elf female

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Join us! We have Iced Cream!
    Plus, we are awesome dancers, nobody can kick/kill cows as stylish as we do, pepole tend not to notice us in battle, when we're hiding behind those giant Dreanai/Humans/Dwarf... anything actually and our engineering is legendary! And basically any set of armor looks cute on us, since all the ugly details are way too small to notice!

As far as the Wisp is concerned: that racial was bad to begin with, unless of course you had a couple hundred corpseruns in mind when rolling your char, so I basically excluded it in my list

Deleted
    If you want play in the alliance i think human is the best race for priest becouse you can equip 2 usefull trinket in pvp. i have spirit and haste and they are cool. our mana regen is a shit and 2 trinket are usefull

Deleted
    I'm human atm, was contemplating going gnome for the +int but instead I'm going worgen.

Go human or gnome! Dorfs are lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    I'm human atm, was contemplating going gnome for the +int but instead I'm going worgen.
    This.