Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Cataclysm BiS Lists

Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Cataclysm BiS Lists

Hey there fellow elemental shamans!

I prepared some pre-raid gear lists for y'all, which are obtained through Justice Points, Reputation and Heroic Dungeons.

Justice List is our first list, which can be found here.

This list only consists of Justice Point gear. We will be able to buy some these items right off the bat when we reach 85 with the JP we carried over 80 (hopefully), and the rest while we are doing the heroics. This will help us advance to the better items.

Even though JP gear has the same iLevel with the heroic gear, because that Heroic Gear has better stats overall, all of these items will eventually get replaced. The only items that carries out to the next list are the neck and the belt, thus those might be considered the first items to get.

Other than those items, we should prioritize on getting the items we will get full use from, and in this matter we should prefer mastery or haste above critical rating.

Also, once we start getting the gear from the next list, we can just purchase JP items for the slots that we are missing, to fill the gaps.

Blue List is our second list, which can be found here.

This list consists of Heroic Dungeon items, and two Justice Point items (the belt and the neck) which costs 1,650 and 1,250 JP respectively.

This is the nearly final BiS list. It prioritizes Mastery + Haste, while keeping the hit above cap.

With all the proper enchants (without any unnecessary +hit enchanting) and no gemming we reach 1744 Hit Rating, which is just 2 points above cap.

With proper intellect + mastery/haste kind of gemming, we will get way over the hitcap thanks to the socket bonuses. The excess hit should be reforged to mastery or haste, whichever proves to be more useful.

Optional Items for this set:
    Shoulders: Burden of Lost Humanity
    Belt: Sash of Prophecy - Ramkahen Revered
    Legs: Leggings of Soothing Silence - Justice Points
    Rings: Ring of the Great Whale
    Weapon: Scepter of Power

Purple List is our third and final list, which can be found here.

This list includes the epics from the Reputation vendors on top of the previous list. While we will be aiming for the second list when doing our heroic dungeons, we will eventually get the epics from reputation while grinding the heroics. So get those tabards ready!

With all the proper enchants (without any unnecessary +hit enchanting) and no gemming we reach 1697 Hit Rating.

This is lower than the last list, and thus we will have to rely on socket bonuses (which will give +60 hit rating just themselves) and gems. We should be able to get above the cap easily this way aswell.

Extra

Here's the list of which dungeon drops what item, so you can prioritize your farming:

Throne of the Tides: Cloak, Chest, Ring
    The Stonecore: Helm, Trinket
    The Vortex Pinnacle: Shoulders, Relic
    Deadmines: Bracers, Gloves
    The Lost City of Tol'vir: Shield, Ring
    Halls of Origination: Trinket, Legs
    Blackrock Caverns: Weapon
    Grim Batol: Feet
    Shadowfang Keep: N/A

Here's the list of which reputation gives what, so you can prioritize your grinding:

Guardians of Hyjal: Head Enchant
    Therazane: Shoulder Enchant
    Hellscream's Reach / Baradin Wardens: Epic Trinket
    Dragonmaw Clan / Wildhammer Clan: Epic Neck
    Earthen Ring: Epic Boots
    Ramkahen: N/A

Enchants: (without unnecessary hit enchants)
    Head: Arcanum of Hyjal
    Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone[
    Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent
    Boots: Enchant Boots - Haste or Enchant Boots - Mastery
    Legs: Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
    Bracer: Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed
    Chest: Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats
    Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect
    Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery
    Off hand: Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect

Gems:
    Meta: Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond
    Red: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
    Orange: Artful Ember Topaz or Reckless Ember Topaz
    Purple: Purified Demonseye

Have fun!
    Last edited by Bonelazy; 2010-12-05 at 12:43 PM.

Yes! Yes! YES!

I was just screwing around on wowhead this morning, but I prefer open lists like this to make sure I don't forget items or fall short on ratings. THANK YOU!

For Alliance, the substitutes are exactly the same stats:
    -substitute the Stump of Time from Hellscream's Reach for the same trinket from Baradin's Wardens: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62470
    -substitute Yellow Smoke Pendant from Dragonmaw Clan for Lightning Flash Pendant from Wildhammer Clan: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62434
    Last edited by Futhark; 2010-11-30 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Alliance subs

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    awesome list dude
    <a href=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Miga/advanced" target="_blank">Armory</a>

Deleted
    Thanks, I have been looking for this.

Volitar seal of approval
    (doesn't mean much but goodjob :P)
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Thanks, well made and saved me alot of effort ^^ GJ

you can probably get away with being resto with this set too

Good work.... I hope wowhead updates everything to 85 soon. and fix the intell to spellpower

Awesome work! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    you can probably get away with being resto with this set too
    I guess yeah. Replacing the trinkets and the few other pieces which lack Spirit should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Good work.... I hope wowhead updates everything to 85 soon. and fix the intell to spellpower
    When that happens, it'll be easier to see the full stats with those items equipped

Also, thanks to all of you for appreciating the work

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedead View Post
    I guess yeah. Replacing the trinkets and the few other pieces which lack Spirit should do the trick

When that happens, it'll be easier to see the full stats with those items equipped

Also, thanks to all of you for appreciating the work

Cheers
    Yeah. Time to make angry emails to wowhead? jk.

Great work here, just one question:

All I've seen points towards Haste being stronger than mastery at equal levels, why the mastery heavy lists?

Edit: Also, you should probably update the purple list to include DMC:Volcano over Tendrils of Burrowing Dark in any case

Edit 2: You'd also probably do better in a mastery heavy set using Stormleather Sash over the JP belt and then replacing your shoulders with Burden of Lost Humanity (H) to keep the hit you'd lose. Both of these suggestions are for the epic set of course.

Edit 3: I'm just full of criticism today (sorry >.>) you may want to add a green gem (there's no Haste/Spirit one that I can find so Lightning Dream Emerald or Zen Dream Emerald would be the two of choice) to your gem suggestions just in case the Meta req is still wonky after they change it again.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2010-11-30 at 10:23 PM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

There were 3 stages of pre-mades in beta having BiS items of those levels
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    There were 3 stages of pre-mades in beta having BiS items of those levels
    Those were all full 333, full 346, and full 359. These are a bit different.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Are the epic craftables worse than the pieces on these lists?

Will surely have this at hand while running dungeons.

Deleted
    Nice list thank you, would be really nice if you could include the craftables.

cool list bro ! seems we have a lot of farming ahead of us
    For the Glory of Mankind

Deleted
    Thanks, saved me a lot of work!

Deleted
    Will keep this stickied so people see it, in a couple of weeks will add it to the http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

Nice work!