Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've wanted a Team Deathmatch style BG for 4 years now. I highly doubt it will ever happen tho. Too much "OMG such and such class/comp is way too OP in Team deathmatch" QQ would ensue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

I was i could think of making it so you dont turtle is maybe you get a buff like Frenzy so every time you get a kill you get a stacking buff boosting damage by 5%. Therefore, if a rogue stealted till the end, you would just blow them up.

Good idea sorta like it but i would like a one death and ur out for that round sort of bg. And obviously theres more then one round

Deleted
    Yeh sure, but what would stop people from just ganging up in unkillable groups with healers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a terrible idea. Any stealth class would take away from the fun of the game. Unless the BG was a zone where you could not stealth. i.e. covered in flares.

If that was a case, yes, a strategic battle would be nice.

Deleted
    No. It sounds good in your head, but the idea falters once you consider practical implementation.

In order to make it work, there'd have to be many inane, controversial rules and regulations forced on players. I don't even want to know what role healers would play in such a BG. They'd either to be too weak or far too powerful (probably the latter).

Also, the Alliance wins at least as many BGs as the Horde do on average. If you lose BGs more than you win, you probably need to improve your gear and play.

to solve stealth problems u could just put in shadow sight buffs around the bg

Quote Originally Posted by Disastrophe View Post
    Lol. from what I've seen, the Horde usually wins BECAUSE they outkill the other side and demoralize them =P
    While this is true at times, the majority of times the Alliance loses because many players completely ignore the objectives. Anyway, a Team Deathmatch BG would be amazing, but I kinda doubt Blizzard will ever add one seeing as Arenas are deathmatches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewcore View Post
    I dont know how well a free for all version would work out but I would love to see Team Deathmatch. I think it would work nicely with rated battlegrounds, but thats just me.
    Arena?

haha this thread remembers me of a bg's when it was bugged in ab if you died you stayed dead becuase you where not able to rez from graveyard
    that was mine most fun bg's exp, i killed like 7of the alliance players they ended up with 0people alive while we had 10horde alive we caped all places and won sry for if this is off topic but for me it was like death match but with 2teams

10+ Year Old Account
    A free for all deathmatch although fun will not likely be implanted, some classes are to OP(stealth, heal etc) and blizz is more likely to promote team play, team deathmatches however i would love to see, because games would be rather short i'd love to see a best out of 3, 5 etc.

Lets say you use WSG as your team deathmatch arena. Flags taken out...no objective but to kill everyone on the other team. What makes Team A or Team B leave their side to engage the other team? Notice even on small arena boards teams tend to sit back defensively. You need some sort of objective like a flag in the middle that buffs your team if capture to force players to fight one another.

In fact, Blizzard had already scrapped this kind of idea when they scrapped Gurubashi Catacombs. It was too much an FPS map and not a WoW PvP map. Granted, if you made a crater bg with no ways to get around your opponent via outflanking that this would be a really cool idea. Doubt it's going to happen though. They know woW isn't an FPS.
    "Patamon is Vensa's favorite Pokemon"

If the OP means deathmatch like in CoD or the old counter-strike dm servers, you would simply respawn right after dying in some kind of (relatively) safe area. The game would end when either side reaches X kills...i'm not really sure how stealth or healers would throw the balance any differently than it already does in regular BGs.
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungfish View Post
    If rogues ferals or nelfs stay stealthed they won't get to the kill limit

And in the VERY unlikely event of an all healer match, they would still die most healers can go pretty offensive

OT: I like the idea
    Especially with the new mana limitations. Every healer will eventually run OOM with their regen abilities on CD.

Sadly with burst gone they still won't die all that fast.

Team deathmatch would be awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Anyone else reading this detecting the mild retardism of the people asking for Team deathmatch? What the hell do you think arena is?

Well I guess after thinking a bit Arena would be classified as Last Mand Standing in a fps term.
    Last edited by tenaciouzd; 2010-11-30 at 08:36 PM.