Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Staying up for 4 days straight...

Ok, so...
    For my final assignment in my AP Human Anatomy class we are discussing sleep deprivation.

Everyone in the class is assigned a different task, and I insisted I be the one doing the sleep deprivation.

Upon arriving home, and doing a few BG's on my mage/paladin, I have run into something.. A lack of entertainment.

So, to keep me awake I need a game that is going to be very addictive, MMO and RPG preferably. I enjoy FPS's also.

Can anyone recommend me a good game? It needs to be free also. I don't have in money at the moment, but if it is a game I can torrent, I'll try that too =D

My buddy told me to make a brand new character combination(Human Hunter for example), and just level that. Any suggestions on most favorite combo? I already am leveling a NE Mage, so no NE's please... or Dreanie/BE.. Old zones to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    Minecraft.
    Downloading atm.

I heard good things from this game.. Extremely addictive <3 ahaha

Your class actually expects people to go four days without sleep? That's not entirely safe...or accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Ok, just finished exploring a little bit in Minecraft.. Fun as hell. I'll come back to it later on tonight.

I'll try this in 10 mins or so :P Eatting some good food atm.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Your class actually expects people to go four days without sleep? That's not entirely safe...or accurate.
    I am being monitored :P It is a study, and it is safe. We have a doctor that is going to evaluate me everyday and if it becomes to unhealthy, inhumane, etc., I will quit.
    Just re-read your question. It is just me doing this. Everyone else is going to be doing studies(making me take tests, physical evaluations, etc) on me.
    Last edited by Shuckless; 2010-12-01 at 02:17 AM.

Ive stayed up for almost 5 days without sleep before just to see if i could do it. I recommend traveling our taking frequent walks outside. The second 24 hours will be the hardest but it gets very easy after that once u get over tired. Might actually have trouble sleeping.Good luck to you

So, just torrented an old Need for Speed(Most Wanted. My favorite). Gonna play that for a little bit.. Maybe a few hours.

I also got Social Network, Inception, and Billy Madison all ready to watch.. I should be fine until school tomorrow hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    Ok, just finished exploring a little bit in Minecraft.. Fun as hell. I'll come back to it later on tonight.

I'll try this in 10 mins or so :P Eatting some good food atm.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 02:08 AM ----------

I am being monitored :P It is a study, and it is safe. We have a doctor that is going to evaluate me everyday and if it becomes to unhealthy, inhumane, etc., I will quit.
    Just re-read your question. It is just me doing this. Everyone else is going to be doing studies(making me take tests, physical evaluations, etc) on me.
    Will they be ensuring you don't go into microsleep, among other problems?

I was about to mention Minecraft as well, until someone beat me to it.

Civ 5 (if you can get into it) can be ridiculous at times. I've had maps that literally have taken twenty hours of play time to beat.

Otherwise, jump into a Bethesda game. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. More hours of play time there than is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Will they be ensuring you don't go into microsleep, among other problems?
    Yeah I have my best friend with me right now making sure I don't pass out. He just spent the past 8 hours sleeping so he isn't going to bed anytime soon.

Deleted
    Any of the Total War games (I'd personally say Empire) can be really good time killers if that's your type of game. You can try conquer the world with any country of you choice, I did with Sweden!

Good luck with staying awake!

Going on my 22nd hour... *yawn* Middle of the day will be easier.. This middle of the night, just my friend reading is like BLEH. I've got a 19 Human Hunter, and a 7 Gnome Priest I am leveling atm...

Only 22? I agree with the post way up there, the second day is the worst. After you survive the initial "GET TO SLEEP, MORON" that your body tries to work on you, you'll feel fine. That's how it was for me, too, the times I've stayed up for several days straight.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-12-01 at 04:23 PM.

Good luck, mate!
    Try farming some dungeons on World of Warcraft for rep or something? Kept me entertained for a while
    Or, try do the new quests? They're really fun, lots of lore and comedy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    I was about to mention Minecraft as well, until someone beat me to it.

Civ 5 (if you can get into it) can be ridiculous at times. I've had maps that literally have taken twenty hours of play time to beat.

Otherwise, jump into a Bethesda game. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. More hours of play time there than is healthy.
    You may alo try old good Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (from Bethesda too)

Should have done this starting midnight on the 7th

I personally recommend League of legends. with over 100 hours, you can probably learn it, as well as get a ton of practice!

All you have to do is wait until they are done patching it ><

Most of my staying up for multiple days escapades have been due to WoW. If you lack entertainment on WoW, then I can only suggest acheivements, leveling Horde (assuming you've only done alliance) as that 1-60 has changed as well, reputation, etc.

There is always -something- you can work on in terms of character completion.
    Leksi, Restoration Druid of <Deus Vox>