Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    (Speculation of course):

But wasn't their a quote from one of the Blizzard guys that "The new mmo" wasn't even going to be ANNOUNCED until 2012?

"Speaking to GameTrailers' Geoff Keighley, Blizzard Executive Vice President of Game Design Rob Pardo said that while prototypes of the game are being played by a 50-person dev team, it is unlikely an announcement about the project will be made before 2012"

I would have to think that a 2013 release seems extremely unlikely. We got the official D3 announcement in 2007/2008....

I am just bummed that there isn't a WC4 on the horizon...
    Last edited by Conbot; 2010-12-01 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Date correction, added quote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleculor View Post
    My prediction is that SC2 Phoenix is SC1 reborn in the SC2 engine, with SC2 voice actors, etc. Possibly even SC2 design philosophies (so it won't be a redo of the missions themselves, as those were all "build base, kill base", but will do different types of missions while retaining the storyline).
    If that's the case it'll be a campaign / mission pack to add to SC2. They won't release SC1's multiplayer with the new system... Then you'd have two prime multiplayers competing for the competitive spotlight. That makes no sense.

As for 'Titan', +1 for GENERIC FPS NAME

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    As for 'Titan', +1 for GENERIC FPS NAME
    +1 for generic working title.

Nice titles and interesting graph that was leaked because this is a pretty major leak.

Wait, forum titles reflecting your post count? What the hell, the forums will turn into a festival of players spamming every thread with mindless dribble - oh wait, they already do that.

WOW BRAZIL OMG best notice ever for me since the end of the cold war =~~

10+ Year Old Account
    That graph/list is pretty interesting. It's just a shame that all the stuff I'm exctied about seems to be years away :P

If it is an MMOFPS based on the Halo universe, I think that would be amazing.

EDIT: Actually, am I wrong or do Microsoft look after the Halo franchise now? if so doesn't that make a Halo themed MMO by anyone but Microsoft unlikely?
    Last edited by Seejay; 2010-12-01 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    IN THE MOUNTAINS - the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan - mmoFPS, i think i just came in my pants. This was EXACTLY the kind of mmo i was hoping from them. God i hope it's true !

Seems unlikely they would leak such a thing...

Several people have postulated that because there is no WoWx6 on the chart that it's is slated to or expected to die after WoWx5. Personally I think this is unlikely. The chart lists nothing after Q4 2015. Should we take that as a sign that Blizzard is planning to close up shop and go home? Most likely this chart is projections for the next 5 years. If the schedule here is accurate, then WoWx6 would be in roughly 5.5 years. It's just not on the schedule yet.

I agree with Boub that it's probably legit, but would caution anyone taking anything too seriously past Q4 2011. Any kind of serious planning beyond a couple years or so out is basically fantasy. Those release time frames are goals, and likely highly subject to change. Stuff like WoWx5, SC2x3, and Diablo 3x3 aren't even in development yet. There's no way they can accurately predict a release schedule.

So basically it's interesting, but largely irrelevant info. They confirm some already announced dates and provide some very rough estimates for later releases. The Titan stuff is interesting. It confirms a likely release date at some point in the reasonable future. My guess (if the chart is real) is official announcement next BlizzCon. Roughly two years out from release seems to be Blizzard's preferred announcement window for new stuff (less so for WoW expansions, because they're on a shorter schedule).

being a shaman the title elemental lord...just fits i gotta have it..just hope i dont get banned on the way there. also about time they fixed gamon. its gonna be funny to see all the bones in org.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang View Post
    They just stated recently that they want a faster pace of development from the two year window that they had with Wrath -> Cata. If you think about Wrath, almost half of it was spent with ICC being the highest level content, which is about six months longer than most people actually had interest in it. The only reason it took so long from ICC til Cata is because of the massive task of creating Cataclysm. Since they're presumably not going to completely revamp the existing world every time a new expansion is released, 18 months seems pretty achievable. Previously their goal had been to pump on out every year (at least, that was an Activision goal).

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 11:34 AM ----------

It's already been in development for 3+ years. By the time it comes out, they won't be trying to switch WoW players to the new MMO, they're be trying to switch players of some one else's MMO back to their new one. SW:TOR is already going to take a large chunk out of their bottom line, and once the bleeding starts and people see their friends leaving in droves, it will be much easier for them to leave as well.

From a business perspective, it's actually coming out much later than it ought to, but these things do take time, especially when it's Blizzard that's involved.
    As i remember they didnt talk about expacs, they talked about a shorter time span between content patches

Deleted
    WoW Brazil??? For god sakes... Why not WoW Portugal? I'm not playing that stupid translation for sure...

• WoW Movie - I'd say the timeline is off because the document is a few months old, before Sam Raimi decided to work on other projects before the Warcraft movie (but I still want to believe).

You misspelled U-W-E B-O-L-L.

Quote Originally Posted by wiIdi View Post
    yes very hard.

You don't have to invent a new tech to do this and you know that. When someone has the Glyph of the Penguin, the Penguin model with completely different model and color will be shown for everyone. Duplicate redfire.tga change it to greenfire.tga and make sure greenfire.tga will be shown when someone has the Glyph of Green Fire.
    How do yo know that? How do you know that it's the same bits of code that tell fire what color to be as tell polymorph what model to use? You have a lot more inside knowledge of Blizzards engines and tools than most of us it seems. Seriously, these guys develop one of the more complex pieces of software on the market. If it was easy and they could make a little bit of QQ stop by doing it, don't you think they would? It seem to me that it's a relatively trivial bit of code to check for a glyph and if it's there have Polymorph: Sheep be a completely different spell (Polymorph: Monkey), than to have a glyph tell a spell to be exactly the same as normal, but with a different model. I don't know any better than you do though.

And of course that's not the only issue. What about casting animation? When you cast a fire spell you have a casting animation. That animation has fire dancing around your hands. Maybe it's easy to make the fire you shoot out change color based on a gylph, just like it's easy to make you turn things into monkeys instead of a sheep, but it's hard to make the cast animation change based on a glyph. It'll look stupid if you have orange fire dancing around your hands while you cast, but shoot out green fire. I don't the answer myself, and I really doubt you do either. You want it to work in a certain way, so you've decided that what you want must be easy and Blizzard is deliberately not doing it. I'm not sure why... people seem to have this idea that Blizzard hates them personally and doesn't do some things just to make them sad or angry.

It always amuses me how people with little or no software development experience (or for that matter 3-D modeling experience) love to sit in forums and tell Blizzard how easy it is to do things. Hell I *have* software development experience and I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to most of this stuff. It all depends on how their tools and engines are setup. Never having worked on *this* piece of software I can only guess.

Edit to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by DatBunnii View Post
    Probably sound like an idiot but-
    I'm confused about the WOWx4/x5 is.. #5 being the 5th xpansion? What's #4? :|
    Um.. the fourth expansion? There's only been three... The number system they're using here considers the base game as x0 so:
    WoW: vanilla
    WoWX1: was the first expansion (BC)
    WoWX2: WOLK
    WoWX3: Cataclysm
    WoWX4: Unknown 4th expansion
    WoWX5: Unknown 5th expansion
    Look at how Starcraft and Diablo are numbered.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-12-01 at 02:52 PM.

This "slide" could be made by anyone, and even if blizzard came out and said, right now, "yeah that's an internal slide we had." it would still be damn near worthless. Blizzard doesn't give two rat turds about its own internal release dates, and that's why we never get external ones. It Things will be ready when they are ready.

My Protection warrior could solo pretty much every single instance he got into. I of course had he's gear enchanted, and tryed to upgrade it as much as possible, and used Self Healing and Victory rush as much as possible, but i could solo all thrash with same ease as i could solo 2 mobs outside an instance back in vanilla, and solo bosses as if i was fighting two elites at a time. Most instances i dont need a healer for, and if i got one,(a lot of them leave cause i pull too fast, and they can't keep up, and feel useless apparantly, and im a bit arrogant i guess <.<) then i can pull 2-5 groups at a time, or atleast chain pull with with also 1-2 groups on me, so my dps can AoE dps their asses off (and possible reach 400-600 dps, while i rock at 1000+)

what im trying to say is.. Blizzard, nerfed nearly all classes dps(if not all) so we couldn't just ZERG through all instances from Deadmines to.. well..Ulduar.. but.. mainly 1-60.. and YET i can do 1500+ dps as a lvl 60 Protection warrior in just heirloom items and blues??...

Blizzard clearly made instances 1-60 too easy, i could proberly almost tank Heroics on my lvl 60 prot warrior, in lvl 70 Heroics already >.<

aha, leak you call this.

thats nothing more than an intelligent placed information from activision-blizzard. /discuss

Boubouille, are you sure with MMOFPS? Year ago (or 2? I am not sure) there were big "leak" when blue on official forum said Titan is RPG game..(they "announced" that with "Titan is new IP" fact)..

Of course..it still could be MMOFPS with RPG aspects or even MMORPG playing from first person perspective...who knows.