Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BRD will be the end of me...

I have a level 56 Tauren Warrior that I am leveling via LFD only. Been a lot of fun... Well, I finally got past the BRD levels and started running scholomance and stratholme, until now. In the dungeon re-arrange, I find my self now able to queue up for BRD again! Woot... that sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by FengHouzi View Post
    I have a level 56 Tauren Warrior that I am leveling via LFD only. Been a lot of fun... Well, I finally got past the BRD levels and started running scholomance and stratholme, until now. In the dungeon re-arrange, I find my self now able to queue up for BRD again! Woot... that sucks...
    Actually, now that there's a map inside the dungeon available, BRD isn't as bad as it was. I've had two succesful groups so far. One even did all the quests and came back to kill all the bosses.

Personally I love the instance. It was always one of my favorites. I enjoy long ones like that tho. Once you know your way around its not too bad. BRS (lower and Upper) i also love as well haha.

Deleted
    The Dire Brew is gone.
    That means BRD can't rock anymore. Really. Move along.
    Hopefully they'll fix it :<

I dont mind it so much, now that I know the lay of the land, i am mostly upset because i misse dout on scholo and strat... now i get sunken tmeple and more Blackrock... only for a few levels tho no biggie.... then its off to outland again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    The Dire Brew is gone.
    your sig made me Nostalgia

OT: BRD kicks ass so much, you get crazy amounts of EXP in there. of course the only shitty thing about it is getting players who dont know the place. im quite sure in another thread similar to this one i stated about the fails of a 2 hour run through UBRS and LBRS.
    pretty much i had to lead many groups for BRD and the BRS's as apparently no one knows where to go lol.

I hated it. Never saw the last boss on my main because it was such a long instance. It shoulda been a 10 man raid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I hated it. Never saw the last boss on my main because it was such a long instance. It shoulda been a 10 man raid imo.
    Once upon a time, it was.

Heh BRD has always been one of may favorite instances. I couldn't wait to get my characters up to that level, then I'd just run it over and over to 60. Heck, I still keep a "Crumpled up note" in my bank for nostalgia even though the quest chain was taken out...bastards.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    BRD is one of the best instances in the game but you are level 56 so it'd be much better for you to run LBRS / UBRS.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    It only takes an hour. Get a grip. I've seen the last boss MANY times.

Deleted
    I actually thought BRD was quite fun until groups kept falling apart for stupid reasons in the Lyceum or whatever that room after Summoner's Tomb full of hundreds of 30-second respawning low health mobs which can zerg even level 80s (though you'd have to be a pretty dumb 80).

Well, after a couple of failures, I made this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Shadow Crystal Focusing Lens
    /target Shadowforge Flame Keeper
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /script SetRaidTarget("target", 8);
    /stopmacro [dead]
    /use Shadow Crystal Focusing Lens
    Description: Shadow Crytal Focusing Lens is a trivial jewelcrafting-made item (get it from AH or a JC) which acts like a "laser pointer". You can use it point out distant targets to a group or yourself. The macro will set a skull if the target exists. But it will only point out the target with the laser if it is not dead. Yes, the laser passes through walls!

And before I entered the wrong I told everyone to, "Stay together all times, gather on top of the healer. I will be marking a special mob which would need to be looted". Then I would mark the healer with a raid marker symbol all before the door to the Lyceum was opened.

Once inside I'd just spam that macro to look for two keys from those special mobs and voila. Once you got each key, you light up the nearest flame brazier until you have two lit braziers and a door will open to the next boss room. Simples.

BRD is very good XP and good experience for all. The tank has to learn how to cope with very different types of mobs, including high magic damage. Same for the healer who has to keep on their toes. The DPS, maybe for the first time, have to learn a lot of self-control and not go aoe crazy (especially in rooms with Neutral mobs or Phalanx boss room).

While I'm not a fan of the LFD system as implemented at all, I feel they could probably have split non-Prison BRD instance into two though just to give people more versatility with their time. I, as a tank, didn't care - the longer a dungeon was the better. However, they went to the trouble of splitting Maraudon into tiny sections. It is a bit inconsistent to not do it with BRD. It's not as if there are many viable alternatives at that level. Sunken Temple would have been considerably worse XP.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-02 at 09:42 PM.

Brd hasn't been hard bad or long since TBC get over it and tank the place took me 30 minutes to do the whole place skipping all optional bosses before they rearranged the LFG tool.

brd is the best instance in the game.

I love running the old world dungeons, but I do like to see them all as I'm leveling and that sucks you got recirculated to the same ones in the lvl 50's range >.<

It's always nice to be the tank in these old dungeons and everyone in the group being happy and even thankful to have a knowledgeable tank chain-pulling/leading them through the instance =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    The Dire Brew is gone.
    I hope you're trolling, else my life's purpose is gone :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post

[/COLOR]

It only takes an hour. Get a grip. I've seen the last boss MANY times.
    Not before DF it didn't. The fact that no one knew their way around didn't help either.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I know you could do it with 10 ppl, just like stratholme. But it should have been designed as a 10 man raid instead of just 10 ppl in a 5 man.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    So was Stratholme. UBRS took 15 at one point, too.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

BRD levels?
    It's always been 57+ for BRD.
    Last edited by Wælcyrie; 2010-12-02 at 09:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    ... Is Emperor Dagran still the end boss of BRD?

If so, then that is a massive lore fail...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Is Emperor Dagran still the end boss of BRD?

If so, then that is a massive lore fail...
    Yes and the Princess. And if you kill try to kill the Emperor first, it still all goes a bit crazy!