Thread: Targeting

Targeting

Is there Some kind of addon or macro i can use to Change the value at wich TAB targets?.

Problem im having is im a Tank. If i dont pull Large groups, The dps will. So eitherway i am tanking 1-5 Groups of mobs all the time in 5mans. Ok so the problem, Tanking all these mobs i Tab target To through some nice tps around. But I press tab And it targets mobs like 300 yards away i swear, They can be on the otherside of a wall. And it will target all them before it targets a Mob thats beating on my ass/party's ass Just wondering is there a way i can change the Range TAB works at?

That is no longer adjustable as far as I know.
    There were uses for that mechanisms in macro's to favour targeting close up, and usually stealthed targets in pvp as a means of breaking them out of it, and it is a reasonable assumption that was the reason or at least a contribution towards it being removed.
    A less than ideal, but common suggestion is to take a look into threat highlighting or tanking orientated nameplate modifications such as Tidyplates and Tidyplates Threatplates.
    That specific one when in tanking mode will enlarge and recolour the nameplates of those you do not have aggro on, and therefore aiding clicking to target them for you to take whatever action you need.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think there are cvar for the distance whitin you will target.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Cvar

but after quickly looking tru it i cant find it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The answer is in this macro. I'm not sure if the functionality was disabled, as ComputerNerd said. Give it a shot

#showtooltip Sap
    /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Sap