Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You do realize the threat isn't permanent. It will come right back at you 30 seconds later.
    "The threat caused by your next damaging attack and all actions taken for 6 sec afterwards will be transferred to the target party or raid member, and all damage caused by the target is increased by 15% during this time. Transferred threat is not permanent, and will fade after 30 sec."

I'm fairly certain that while the threat transfer is not permanent, it doesn't come back to you. The threat that the target receives from tricks fades over time, but the threat does not bounce back at you. Maybe someone can chime in with another story here, but I've never noticed that shortly after hitting TotT that my threat bounces back up X%. This would mean that, so long as the extra threat you receive while the other rogues hits you with TotT doesn't push you to pulling aggro, the threat you get would fade away, and the threat you transfer isn't going to be there either.

Quote Originally Posted by gagarin View Post
    as of cataclysm: ppl can't even imagine what a huge dps boost is rogue's tricks, i've been pullin tanks from 5k dps to 10k just couse i've been usin tott every cd on him and with change of the threat transfer any good dps player will ask you to drop tott no him.
    two words for you:
    -Bull
    -Shit

Screenshot or it didnt happen, that said tank dps is kinda high atm O.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gagarin View Post
    ppl can't even imagine what a huge dps boost is rogue's tricks, i've been pullin tanks from 5k dps to 10k just couse i've been usin tott every cd on him and with change of the threat transfer any good dps player will ask you to drop tott no him.
    Using single target boss fight and trash pack dps as comparsion is a bad idea yo

Feint Glyph, Major, free Feint, Feint buffed, 10% threat reduction per use, no energy cost... why are you worried about TotT?

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Feint Glyph, Major, free Feint, Feint buffed, 10% threat reduction per use, no energy cost... why are you worried about TotT?
    not worried, with all of that threat reduction we will be able to put out the most dmg per threat

Quote Originally Posted by Vuji View Post
    10k is a 15% increase over 5k?

wut?
    internet maths is always random numbers making no sense.

I though TotT was used to kill dps warriors, dps dk and warlocks during VoA PuGs.

Seriously, in 10-man you have but a subset of all the raid buff. I remember doing 10-man hm lk and being the only melee. I was probably the lowest dps because most raid buff were for the casters. But I was kept because I was available, good, and provided other utilities like but not limited to TotT, slows and stuns for the val'kyr.

Send your TotT to the most appropriate character. I am fond of retribution paladins, they can use Hand of Salvation early and often. Or just use it on the tank all the time. If a mage bitches, tell him to give you his focus magic for more poison crits.

Tricks does not return threat to the rogue at the end of 30 seconds, it fades, just as the tooltip says, its a great way to lower personal threat and a tank an ice head start. oh and Bobbojonno, warlocks are going to be able to do it a hell of a lot better than us. Soulshatter reduces them to 10% of there threat, combine this with the fact that casters pull threat at a higher threat percentage than rogues and i see them being the true kings of dmg/threat (as they are currently beating us in overall damage).
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

TotT is a raid dps cooldown rather than a personal dps cooldown.

It'll only increase your personal dps if you have a 2nd rogue, but even then it might be better to tricks other people if they do more damage from a rDPS point of view.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Totally true. An example is Blood Queen. Every rogue should rotate TotT on the vampire that does the most damage.

The concept that rogue TotT each other comes from the fact that rogues can easily remove their threat, and also that if I send my threat to you and that you send your threat to me, given roughly equal gear, it evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuji View Post
    10k is a 15% increase over 5k?

wut?
    Even 15% is pretty amazing. Tricks is a 3% overall dps boost when used on cooldown, averaged out (if people are smart with cooldowns, more, but not 15% more).

Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    Tricks does not return threat to the rogue at the end of 30 seconds, it fades, just as the tooltip says, its a great way to lower personal threat and a tank an ice head start. oh and Bobbojonno, warlocks are going to be able to do it a hell of a lot better than us. Soulshatter reduces them to 10% of there threat, combine this with the fact that casters pull threat at a higher threat percentage than rogues and i see them being the true kings of dmg/threat (as they are currently beating us in overall damage).
    Vanish + feint > soulshatter. 90% every 2min vs 5% every 10 seconds and 100% every 3min (2 for sub). Of course, being melee, a rogue needs more threat management (the option is warrior/dk threat management--face down on the floor management).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2010-12-07 at 07:29 AM.

I personally think it'd be better if it was separated into two abilities, a copy of misdirect and a 15% damage buff with a 30 second cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    I think TotT is gonna be the spell that allows rogues to out dps all other classes in Cataclysm because of the threat transfer and not the dps boost. Threat is going to be a very real problem and all dps will have to watch their aggro closely... rogues can deal more dps for less threat than any other class. Classes that are over powered wont be able to deal their top dps cos they will pull aggro.
    err wut? "classes that are OP"? care to specify there?