Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    You seem surpirsed ignorance exists to begin with. Where there is intelligent discussion to be had there is also a troll lurking in the shadows of a bridge; waiting for the moment to pounce with insane gibberish and spouting unintelligible nonsense!
    Surprised? No. Saddened, yes.

Definitely, definitely not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Your argument doesn't really work because basically, for the first 20-30 minutes the "Neo-Nazis" just replied, "Well, I'm not Jewish, but I play badminton with a Jew or two". So I'd say it worked out swimmingly for the plucky hypothetical Jewish individual. Didn't seem to be doing any harm at all.

Then a late-comer to the meeting came in, saw the fraternizing, and started banging a pot with a spoon screaming "Hey! You can't have peace in here! It's the war room!" Basically a self-fulfilling prophecy. Or am I missing something?
    I can't think of anything to add, I just wanna say what you said was awesome. But I didn't want it to be too short cause I don't just want to be bumping, I want to be adding. But it's so late...

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    Surprised? No. Saddened, yes.

Definitely, definitely not surprised.
    Cheer up, I caught a pretty nasty ban evader here, today is a success. He's made six accounts and lost them all, wonder when he's going to give it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    I know where you're coming from, but that's actually a very hypocritical thing to say >.>

.../snicker. I hate people who hate people
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I hate people who hate people because they hate people hating on haters.

I think my brain just exploded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    For reading this whole thread, you sure id not read like anything posted here.

The game isn't just the game and only the game and nothing but the game and everything else is banned indefinetly. People play the game. People are social animals. Social animals flock to be with social animals with similar interests or lifestyles. If you're so hardcore about the game and no socializing then go play WoW or sit in ElitistJerks.

And, those aren't opposing opinion threads, those were like, laced with personal attacks.

And based on your opinion, your post is not 100% about actual WoW gameplay, so it should be deleted.
    Actually I did not read those threads, just looked who locked them. And I also said I agreed with them being locked. As for 100% about gameplay, I never said that. I stated that sexual orientation has no place in game. And really, if LGBT want to get together and have their own guilds, who am I to say no? I do not socialize with LGBT people, that I know of, so it is really a non issue for me. I was merely observing that this thread was/is not needed here. There are much safer places for LGBT players to meet than a WoW dedicated board, where the average IQ seems to be less than Forrest Gump.

And I do agree with socializing about the game. I also agree with socializing threads. I do not agree with special snowflake threads. I would not agree with a hetro only thread, or a Nambla thread. (What a disgusting thought that is).

Like I said, right thread, wrong place for it imo. Mostly because a non-gay only thread would have been locked by the end of page 2, and threads like this attract trolls. I was not trying to troll, just making some observations. If had known of any LGBT friendly guilds on my server I would have posted them here for the OP's information as well.
    Last edited by halfbee; 2010-12-03 at 09:55 AM.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyan View Post
    Forgive my low post count - I had to create an account here tonight to respond to this thread. I also tried to read through all the posts to make sure I was up to date, but by the time I got to page 19, I was barely keeping up with new posts and BG queues, so I just skipped ahead to post.

I am the guild leader of the <Taint> guilds on Proudmoore, which have been mentioned a number of times in this thread. We are, in fact, the largest LGBT guild in WoW, as well as the second largest guild overall, with a little over 6000 characters.

To directly answer the OP's question, yes, there is a significant number of openly LGBT players in the game. While Proudmoore is most certainly the server with the highest LGBT population, it is by no means the only place we exist. Many of our members still have characters on other servers in guilds that they have been a part of for years. In many cases, their experience in these non-LGBT guilds has been very positive with supportive guildies. Sadly, there are also examples where the intolerance they experienced in other guilds/servers drove them to the point of nearly quitting the game.

I've seen a question that has surfaced in this thread that I'd like to address, specifically wondering why we would "segregate ourselves". With all due respect, this is the wrong question to ask. First and foremost, we play this game to have fun. We, like many of you, find the game enjoyable when we play with people we have things in common with and can chat openly about whatever topic comes up. For many people, a guild like ours is the place to do that. However, this does not mean that we build a wall up around us - we are fully integrated into the entire Proudmoore community, both gay and straight, which I must say, is the most amazing group of people I could hope for in this game (you folks rock!). You'll find members of our guild in just about any ICC pug, trade chat heroic group, or pre-made BG group that's going on. Segregating ourselves is the last thing we want to do.

In addition to the desire to answer the OP's question, I was also compelled to sign up for an account here so that I could take a moment to thank most of the responders in this thread. The vast majority of you have been quite supportive and helpful in your posts, which is a great thing to see! I'm not sure if the readers here are just that awesome, or if the mods have been amazingly diligent, but whatever the case, I salute you!
    It's weird, but you posting here almost makes me want to point and jump up and down and go 'SEE, SEE! NOW SHUT UP YOU TROLLS!' In regards to answering the question of how it fits into WoW and why you would try to be in a guild together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know where you're coming from, but that's actually a very hypocritical thing to say >.>
    Haha yea its true but you know what I mean I hate people for hating people for who a person is....trolls not included.

^wow this statement is convoluted lol

I sincerely hate all trolls. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I hate people who hate people who hate people and so it goes on and on and on

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Trolls/Flamers: Please keep your beliefs in your pants, I don't care about whether or not you believe that God hates fags or whatever.

Is there a significant amount of openly LGBT players?
    I have only come across two, both in my guild.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I too am gay. I'm just wondering if there is a larger population of LGBT players, being one.

I am going to answer your question for you.

What percentage of people in america or elsewhere in the world are LGBT? take that % and multiply it by the number of WOW players and therein is your answer.

This answer is 100% accurate because I will state yet again a person's sexual preference has absolutely zilch to do with WOW.

I thought the same thing, but you can never win with that.

I guess a better way of thinking about it is I hate the person who is unaccepting of anything or intolerant of everything. That way you hate the person because of the person, not solely because the person you're hating is hateful, because then you're just a hater, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate all people, regardless of other factors. It's much easier that way.

Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack". You cannot expect a debate between two people about what defines a person to be anything except a debate. You give some, you take some. Lysah accepted that being straight can define you, as being gay can, but refused to believe that the experiences between the two orientations were identical enough to set in stone. That's called a debate. They discussed their differing opinions.

Halfbee: You are playing this game with people. If you do not wish to interact with people, stay away from forums or topics not directly discussing something hardcore and mathy. You want to take the "player" out of "Multiplayer". That's fine. Raid with robots. Log in long enough to raid, disable Guild Chat, delete your friend list (no need for friends in a raid, chatting removes focus from Recount), and memorize formulas from EJ to maximize your personal performance. However, as long as you are choosing to interact with people, you WILL acknowledge they are people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupercal View Post
    Haha yea its true but you know what I mean I hate people for hating people for who a person is....trolls not included.

^wow this statement is convoluted lol
    Hehe. Yeah yeah. I can understand hating a person for who they are, but the justification for hating someone for a small piece of the whole (i.e. sexuality, eating habits, musical preference, PDA, addiction to nicotine, etc) totally eludes me. I guess people are just crazy. That or I'm crazy because I get along with almost everyone >.>
    I'm a pretty awesome faggatron if I do say so myself

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".
    New sig XD /applause

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    CTRA i think is the legal name for it.
    Canadian broadcasting standards council.

When a show like south park plays on a Canadian station its not edited or muted we show Muhammad we say swears etc
    You cant sue the station because of the warnings between commercials.

My point anyway is:
    When it gets to the argument of one persons rights over another, its down to don't focus on it if you hate it.
    Respect the oher persons rights and look away.

When someone says something its their right to say it, and your right to say i disagree, after that you should walk away before it becomes a fight which is not protected by either sides rights.
    I wish I had channels like that. I don't see why I don't living in Canada. =(

To the rest of the post, I agree.
    What wet dreams are made of!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyan View Post
    Forgive my low post count - I had to create an account here tonight to respond to this thread. I also tried to read through all the posts to make sure I was up to date, but by the time I got to page 19, I was barely keeping up with new posts and BG queues, so I just skipped ahead to post.

I am the guild leader of the <Taint> guilds on Proudmoore, which have been mentioned a number of times in this thread. We are, in fact, the largest LGBT guild in WoW, as well as the second largest guild overall, with a little over 6000 characters.

To directly answer the OP's question, yes, there is a significant number of openly LGBT players in the game. While Proudmoore is most certainly the server with the highest LGBT population, it is by no means the only place we exist. Many of our members still have characters on other servers in guilds that they have been a part of for years. In many cases, their experience in these non-LGBT guilds has been very positive with supportive guildies. Sadly, there are also examples where the intolerance they experienced in other guilds/servers drove them to the point of nearly quitting the game.

I've seen a question that has surfaced in this thread that I'd like to address, specifically wondering why we would "segregate ourselves". With all due respect, this is the wrong question to ask. First and foremost, we play this game to have fun. We, like many of you, find the game enjoyable when we play with people we have things in common with and can chat openly about whatever topic comes up. For many people, a guild like ours is the place to do that. However, this does not mean that we build a wall up around us - we are fully integrated into the entire Proudmoore community, both gay and straight, which I must say, is the most amazing group of people I could hope for in this game (you folks rock!). You'll find members of our guild in just about any ICC pug, trade chat heroic group, or pre-made BG group that's going on. Segregating ourselves is the last thing we want to do.

In addition to the desire to answer the OP's question, I was also compelled to sign up for an account here so that I could take a moment to thank most of the responders in this thread. The vast majority of you have been quite supportive and helpful in your posts, which is a great thing to see! I'm not sure if the readers here are just that awesome, or if the mods have been amazingly diligent, but whatever the case, I salute you!
    So i have 2 Questions sir.
    1: Do you accept straight people to your guild?
    2: Would you flame or have any ill will to a straight only guild?

Hate to bring this back on topic, but I'm a WoW player who happens to be gay. I also somehow landed myself in a GLBT friendly guild by complete accident. O:

Back off topic, I'd just like to add that I completely disagree with the people that say being gay isn't a defining feature. Is it the defining feature? Well I sure as hell hope not, and I don't see it to be, but to claim that it's not a defining feature (one of almost countless that a person has) is just deluding yourself. A persons sexuality is part of who they are, saying that it doesn't in some small part help to define you as a person is somewhat mind boggling to me.
    Grannus, Scarlet Crusade
    I'm mean because you're terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack". You cannot expect a debate between two people about what defines a person to be anything except a debate. You give some, you take some. Lysah accepted that being straight can define you, as being gay can, but refused to believe that the experiences between the two orientations were identical enough to set in stone. That's called a debate. They discussed their differing opinions.

Halfbee: You are playing this game with people. If you do not wish to interact with people, stay away from forums or topics not directly discussing something hardcore and mathy. You want to take the "player" out of "Multiplayer". That's fine. Raid with robots. Log in long enough to raid, disable Guild Chat, delete your friend list (no need for friends in a raid, chatting removes focus from Recount), and memorize formulas from EJ to maximize your personal performance. However, as long as you are choosing to interact with people, you WILL acknowledge they are people.
    Id define you as some happy guy, dictionary term for the word gay is defined as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviedk View Post
    Hate to bring this back on topic, but I'm a WoW player who happens to be gay. I also somehow landed myself in a GLBT friendly guild by complete accident. O:

Back off topic, I'd just like to add that I completely disagree with the people that say being gay isn't a defining feature. Is it the defining feature? Well I sure as hell hope not, and I don't see it to be, but to claim that it's not a defining feature (one of almost countless that a person has) is just deluding yourself. A persons sexuality is part of who they are, saying that it doesn't in some small part help to define you as a person is somewhat mind boggling to me.
    Agreed entirely. It's unfortunate that many of our flaming brethren decide to make it who they are, rather than a part of them.

I think sexuality is forced on us in this game by a very stupid and small group of the population. If it wasn't we would never see posts with off hand comments on Blood Elf males being effeminate, we wouldn't hear kids refering to stupid and bad crap as "gay," and nobody would care about if a female toon is being opperated by a biological woman or not. Its just stupid that people even care ^_^

oh and if anyone has any LGBT guild suggestions let me know Via Msg on here or something ^_^
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2010-12-03 at 10:04 AM.