Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have plenty of gay friends on wow. Funnily enough, they're my best friends. Seems gay people are much nicer than some straight people.
    They're also fantastic players too :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't envy the moderators of this forum. The sheer amount of ignorance expressed in the last few pages is...well, totally expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Did you just call all straights masochists?
    Yes. All straight people are masochists.

Wait. No. All of the people who click on threads when they hate the title, come into the thread expecting to be offended/rage at the contents, then post how upset they are, only to get more upset. They're masochists.

The self-preserving, pain-avoiding option would have been to avoid it.

It's like when I see traffic. I can run in front of a bus and get pissed off, or I can stay on the sidewalk, away from the grinding gears of pain to my right, and be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, if you're bothered by something, don't pay it any mind.
    I don't particularly like when someone tailgates me on the highway, but I don't brake check them because that would either a: piss them off and possibly end up with a road rage situation, or b: cause a wreck. Both are losing scenarios.
    Spreading hate and discriminating do exactly the same thing. Telling someone they're less of a person because you don't like a particular facet of who they are is going to make the average person angry. It ends one of two ways. 1: Someone gets hurt, physically or emotionally. 2: someone gets angry and takes it out on either that person or someone else. Vicious cycle.

tl;dr, just chill and try to get along. It's much easier than hating people for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Didi29 View Post
    I so hope you are kidding?
    Smells like tee... trol! Of course, of course!
    What wet dreams are made of!

Deleted
    If those people start a guild without allowing others, than they are selfish pricks who do the same as people who hate LGBT.

That being said, I haven't seen that many really...but I got no problem with the few ive met wer nice people. I have noticed some tend to hide it though, even though almost all knew they wer gay etc..

I'm friends with 2 gay men, 1 bisexual man, 1 bisexual woman and used to be friends with a transgender male to female, but she stopped playing.

I'm very open minded and accepting, so these people were happy to "come out" to me. I think you'll find there's a much greater population of LGBT players than you know, because most of them keep it quiet to save harassment. On a related note: The people who would harass are on my ignore list
    Shadowsong EU: Tyler [85 Warrior] .: Durden [85 Priest] .: Palahniuk [85 Warlock] .: Boeddeker [85 Shaman] .: Cronenweth [85 Druid] .: Uhls [85 Paladin] .: Chesler [85 Mage] .: Fincher [85 Hunter] .: Paulson [85 Rogue] .: Lichborne [85 Death Knight] Magtheridon EU: Uhls [82 Paladin] Trollbane EU: Acro [81 Death Knight] Blade's Edge EU: Cronenweth [83 Druid]

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most would hide playing wow more then hide being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    I don't envy the moderators of this forum. The sheer amount of ignorance expressed in the last few pages is...well, totally expected.
    You seem surpirsed ignorance exists to begin with. Where there is intelligent discussion to be had there is also a troll lurking in the shadows of a bridge; waiting for the moment to pounce with insane gibberish and spouting unintelligible nonsense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If those people start a guild without allowing others, than they are selfish pricks who do the same as people who hate LGBT.

That being said, I haven't seen that many really...but I got no problem with the few ive met wer nice people. I have noticed some tend to hide it though, even though almost all knew they wer gay etc..
    What is that cute thing in your avatar and sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Yes. All straight people are masochists.

Wait. No. All of the people who click on threads when they hate the title, come into the thread expecting to be offended/rage at the contents, then post how upset they are, only to get more upset. They're masochists.

The self-preserving, pain-avoiding option would have been to avoid it.

It's like when I see traffic. I can run in front of a bus and get pissed off, or I can stay on the sidewalk, away from the grinding gears of pain to my right, and be just fine.
    Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I think most would hide playing wow more then hide being gay.
    This is, unfortunately, a realistic assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    One other idea: Instead of being all 'RAWR SOCIAL VALUES' or 'OMG PRIDE SMD HOMOPHOBES', just smoke some weed and chill the fudge out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I suppose these people are just on a scavenger hunt for more friends! No, I didn't think so. Maybe the OP's post was genuine, but having "lived" their condition in real life, they should know topics like this do more harm than good. If I were Jewish, I would not waltz into a Neo-Nazi meeting asking if there were any fellow Jews to talk to. They know the kind of population that plays WoW, and frequents these forums. Any intelligent person would know this.
    Your argument doesn't really work because basically, for the first 20-30 minutes the "Neo-Nazis" just replied, "Well, I'm not Jewish, but I play badminton with a Jew or two". So I'd say it worked out swimmingly for the plucky hypothetical Jewish individual. Didn't seem to be doing any harm at all.

Then a late-comer to the meeting came in, saw the fraternizing, and started banging a pot with a spoon screaming "Hey! You can't have peace in here! It's the war room!" Basically a self-fulfilling prophecy. Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I really hate people that are unaccepting of a certain type of person. I mean don't get me wrong i make all types of offensive jokes but I never mean them in a harmful way I think at the end of the day acceptance is being able to laugh at yourself no matter what shade of the rainbow you are (teehee) and be equally able to laugh at other people for the same reasons. Life would be so much better if everyone learned to laugh at themselves and the people around them just a tad bit more /moralrant

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    You seem surpirsed ignorance exists to begin with. Where there is intelligent discussion to be had there is also a troll lurking in the shadows of a bridge; waiting for the moment to pounce with insane gibberish and spouting unintelligible nonsense!
    Is that what wet dreams are really made of?

Deleted
    Could anyone just close this thread? It's totally of track now

to remind people the thread was about who out there is gay/les and on which server you are on? or em' i wrong?

Forgive my low post count - I had to create an account here tonight to respond to this thread. I also tried to read through all the posts to make sure I was up to date, but by the time I got to page 19, I was barely keeping up with new posts and BG queues, so I just skipped ahead to post.

I am the guild leader of the <Taint> guilds on Proudmoore, which have been mentioned a number of times in this thread. We are, in fact, the largest LGBT guild in WoW, as well as the second largest guild overall, with a little over 6000 characters.

To directly answer the OP's question, yes, there is a significant number of openly LGBT players in the game. While Proudmoore is most certainly the server with the highest LGBT population, it is by no means the only place we exist. Many of our members still have characters on other servers in guilds that they have been a part of for years. In many cases, their experience in these non-LGBT guilds has been very positive with supportive guildies. Sadly, there are also examples where the intolerance they experienced in other guilds/servers drove them to the point of nearly quitting the game.

I've seen a question that has surfaced in this thread that I'd like to address, specifically wondering why we would "segregate ourselves". With all due respect, this is the wrong question to ask. First and foremost, we play this game to have fun. We, like many of you, find the game enjoyable when we play with people we have things in common with and can chat openly about whatever topic comes up. For many people, a guild like ours is the place to do that. However, this does not mean that we build a wall up around us - we are fully integrated into the entire Proudmoore community, both gay and straight, which I must say, is the most amazing group of people I could hope for in this game (you folks rock!). You'll find members of our guild in just about any ICC pug, trade chat heroic group, or pre-made BG group that's going on. Segregating ourselves is the last thing we want to do.

In addition to the desire to answer the OP's question, I was also compelled to sign up for an account here so that I could take a moment to thank most of the responders in this thread. The vast majority of you have been quite supportive and helpful in your posts, which is a great thing to see! I'm not sure if the readers here are just that awesome, or if the mods have been amazingly diligent, but whatever the case, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    We don't have to be intolerant of intolerance. If we just teach our children not to hate, the world will grow up a little better with each generation. Eventually, these problems will cease to exist, and there will be no one left who is bothered by that fact.
    You're absolutely right. I've had to have a long sit down and talk with my children and explain, their friends running around calling each other "gay boy" are not nice people, and should be avoided. Their school is full of homophobes and racists, which is quite disturbing for a junior school.
    Shadowsong EU: Tyler [85 Warrior] .: Durden [85 Priest] .: Palahniuk [85 Warlock] .: Boeddeker [85 Shaman] .: Cronenweth [85 Druid] .: Uhls [85 Paladin] .: Chesler [85 Mage] .: Fincher [85 Hunter] .: Paulson [85 Rogue] .: Lichborne [85 Death Knight] Magtheridon EU: Uhls [82 Paladin] Trollbane EU: Acro [81 Death Knight] Blade's Edge EU: Cronenweth [83 Druid]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupercal View Post
    Honestly I really hate people that are unaccepting of a certain type of person.
    I know where you're coming from, but that's actually a very hypocritical thing to say >.>