Thread: Cogwheels?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cogwheels?

Im a little confused about where Cogwheels can be used? Does anybody have any information about them?

Deleted
    AFAIK there are only chogwheel slots in engineering head items, not sure though.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can be used only on engineering helms

Cogwheels are socketable items that have stats equal to Jewelcrafting-only gems, and they fit only into cogwheel sockets. Currrently the only items with cogwheel sockets are the engineering goggles.

That seems so...lackluster.

wow...that makes it so not useful. the current epic engineering helm is no where close to the same class as many of the drops and vendor purchased ones. i dont see that extra socket pushing it above its current ranking to make it worthwhile. i guess its time to change to JC.

Cause Engineering totally needed more buffs right? -.-
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    wow...that makes it so not useful. the current epic engineering helm is no where close to the same class as many of the drops and vendor purchased ones. i dont see that extra socket pushing it above its current ranking to make it worthwhile. i guess its time to change to JC.
    The cogwheel is like 120+ of a stat compared to a JC gem being 67 for the unique(3) styles It's a way of making the engineering helm "on par" with other helmets since they dont have sub stats on them
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    im actually lookin forward to those Engineering stuff now
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

If Blizzard offers Helm Upgrades then yes, Cogwheels will be amazing, if not, gg

I like the cogwheels. Hopefully there will be higher level helm patterns dropping in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by makura View Post
    I like the cogwheels. Hopefully there will be higher level helm patterns dropping in raids.
    it won't blizzard didn't like that you needed to level professions to get BiS-gear. the sunwell goggles were fucking awesome though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea if they don't have upgrade helms at some point then I'll probably drop engineering. Or let engies put the cogwheels on other helms.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I am actually excited about Cogwheels for two reasons.

1) The stats on them put them on par with the first tier of raiding gear.

2) The fact that they created something new for engineering goggles makes me think that they will either offer new goggle recipes each major content patch (and the cogwheels will boost them up) or there will be new cogwheels each major content patch and they will boost the goggles up to the next tier gear level.

For example:

When Cata releases, the cogwheels are +120 to a secondary stat.

With patch 4.04 or whatever the next major content patch is, maybe the cogwheels will be +180 or something like that to make the goggles still useable.

Deleted
    So isnt it cogwheels an aditional enchant like blacksmith glove socket? and we can use engineer "gems" called cogwheels to socket them into those?

Or is it those specific crafted helms that already have a cogwheel with them? if that is so then it fails completly, i might aswel just change to another proffession since rocket boots are useless and glove haste got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Cause Engineering totally needed more buffs right? -.-
    oil leak-kills you

malfunction-kills your raid

mass aoe taunt on malfunction-kills you and possibly the raid

because the current haste on gloves effect is considered better then the cata physical dps glove tinker.

ya, engineering is looking SO strong in cata

Quote Originally Posted by fruust View Post
    it won't blizzard didn't like that you needed to level professions to get BiS-gear. the sunwell goggles were fucking awesome though...
    You mean like Tailoring, BS, and LW with their pattern drops in raid instances?

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    So isnt it cogwheels an aditional enchant like blacksmith glove socket? and we can use engineer "gems" called cogwheels to socket them into those?

Or is it those specific crafted helms that already have a cogwheel with them? if that is so then it fails completly, i might aswel just change to another proffession since rocket boots are useless and glove haste got nerfed.
    it might not be fail if they can do 2 things.

provide upgrades every tier (and hardmodes) for new goggles.

make those goggles with the cogwheels BiS for that tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corgrash View Post
    You mean like Tailoring, BS, and LW with their pattern drops in raid instances?
    Last time I checked, those BS, Tailoring and LW patterns made BoE items, so it didn't require a player to lvl any of those professions to obtain them.

Although I do hope they'll make cogwheels useful after tier 11.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

I think a way to make sure it isn't junk after second wave of tier would be if they added something like a tinker to your helm to make them look like goggles. So then you could keep upgrading your gear as different tiers come out but still look good in your OMFGoggles. They could also have a tinker schematic to add cogwheels same as BS can add sockets and such. Just and idea though. Please Blizzard make one of those true so my guildys don't laugh at me for keeping engineering into another xpac!!