Deleted
    The Hurt Locker

8/10, good war movie and I really liked Jeremy Renner's reckless character. Though I still don't understand how the movie was so great that it won 6 Oscars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drive 8/10
    Thought it was a really good movie with solid performances, but something was lacking to make it amazing
    Last edited by Ferrn; 2012-02-13 at 05:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Robo Cop (1987) - 8.5/10

Great movie, and, unlike every other 80's action movie, it actually has a decent plot.

Big Trouble in Little China (1986) - 8/10

Sure, everything about this movie is cheesy, but that's the point; it's supposed to be an absurd action/comedy that never even tries to take itself seriously.

Memento - 10/10.

Watched it 12 times in 2 months.

Law Abiding Citizen - 5/10

Terrible ending...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    8 of 10
    Pretty decent, hope there will be a follow up

Clash of the Titans, the remake*. Good movie but it relies too much on special effects where as the original was more about story.

*Yeah, I don't go to the movies often. I live in a rural area and the closest theater worth a damn is 45 minutes (one way) away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    The Hurt Locker

8/10, good war movie and I really liked Jeremy Renner's reckless character. Though I still don't understand how the movie was so great that it won 6 Oscars.
    It wasn't, they just wanted to piss of Avatar, and try to seem like they were 'down with the art crowd' by giving the award to the smaller budget flick instead of giving it to pocahontas 2: now with robots.

Thirst(2009): 8/10
    Park Chan Wook is a seriously messed up motherfucker, but you have to admit he's an outstanding director
    His take on the vampire genre is pretty much everything you would expect from one of Korea's most prominant directors, and the mind behind 'the Vengeance Trilogy'. Excellent acting, brilliant script and a seriously freaking wierd story.

watch it now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Mystic River
    8/10

Story was not that amazing but it was fluid. Would be something like 6/10 but powerful cast and stunning performances of Tim Robbins and Sean Penn made it above an average movie for me.

Deleted
    Final Destination 5... 2/10

Horrible acting, horrible script, shallow and dull characters, physics that make no sense. Some elements of the movie are amusing simply because they are so extreme (at least if you take them lightly; they aren't intended to amuse). The 1st "real" death had me laughing in tears just because it is such a tremendous failure, both in terms of cinematic realism but also in terms of build-up. This movie exaggerates beyond what can be accepted, even for Hollywood, so if you are looking for a horrible movie to laugh at (rather than with...) together with friends, this takes the price. Don't expect anything but a fiasco though.

Deleted
    Tower Heist

Not very funny and completely implausible 4/10

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

8/10

I really enjoyed it. The CGI is great, story was a bit in depth for a movie designed to be an action/eye candy flick but came around eventually. I recommend it to anyone who likes Sherlock BBC or the first movie.
    Last edited by Blatant; 2012-02-15 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil
    8/10

Sounds like some bad B movie but it's not, it's seriously one of the best and funniest movies I've seen in years. Bit of a spin on the old 2 hillbillys in the woods with some collage kids thing, but with a twist ^^

The Way Back
    9/10

Kinda slow but very intense, it really sucks you in and you feel relief for the characters each time something actually goes well for them.
    Good actors overall but Ed Harris stands out as usual with another great performance.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched The Adjustment Bureau, and i enjoyed it i'd say 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    The Hurt Locker

It wasn't that great, really. The Academy is pretty much just a subjective circlejerk like any other specialized community.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I got one of my all time faves, "The Princess Bride" on Blu Ray last week and watched it (again).

Still easily one of the best movies ever made, 10/10.

Rob Reiner has to be one of the most underrated directors, "This is Spinal Tap" and "Stand by Me" are easily 10/10 movies in my book also.

Deleted
    Scents and Sensibility, nothing else was on, but for what it was aiming to do/please, probably 8/10

Deleted
    SCREAM and SCREAM 2 on Blu-Ray

Rewatched these to listen to the directors commentary. Very interesting in places, a little dull in others :/

Scream 9/10 commentary 8/10
    Scream 2 8/10 commentary 6/10

Deleted
    Mardock Scramble: The First Compression 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    30 mins or less - 7.5/10 pretty good, well it has its moments