I have seen Prometheus, snow white and the huntsman and the dictator all within the last 2 weeks.

Prometheus 4/10. First of all, it's an Alien prequel, but not a DIRECT Alien prequel. There is good reason to believe the will be a sequel to this particular movie that could further tie into a direct prequel to Alien, so hang tight. For me, the characters were poorly developed and the movie just had too many moments where I was shaking my head. It also had every single type of terror jammed into one movie and it felt like too much was mashed together. Overall, I did not enjoy it.

Snow White and the Huntsman 6/10. Slightly above average, I would wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray... Kristen Stewart is clearly trying very hard to do more than just reprise her Twilight character. There is no awkward lip bite in the whole movie and I was looking for at least one.

The Dictator 2/10. I really did not enjoy this movie at all and I was tempted to walk out, but since I was with my brothers and dad for Father's Day, I stuck it out. I know SBC is irreverent and purposefully offensive (and this movie is both) and I expected no less, but this just felt like he tried really hard and it simply didn't work for me. There were a few laugh lines, but mostly just a bunch of groan lines. I don't recommend this one at all.

I forgot that I saw the Avengers on opening night, and I'd rate it a 9/10. Highly entertaining.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Madagascar 3. 10/10

omg i didn't even know there was a 3rd one- yay

Grace is Gone - 5.6/10 - It was very sad, with some good performance, wife teared up.

Flowers of War 10/10.

I hated Christian Bale until I saw this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Color Purple: 8.5/10
    A good old-fashioned drama about a young woman in the early 1900, who becomes married to a fearless, almost tyrannic middle-age man, who treats her with no respect and rapes her for pleasure and for his own comfort. We follow Celie, a very young woman, through decades of her life, married to this monster. The movie depicts their relationship, and Celie’s thoughts about her long lost sister, and her dreams.
    Steven Spielberg directs flawlessly, and Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover, and also notably Oprah Winfrey deliver superb performances. A very touching movie.

Project X: 6.5/10.
    I did not believe in this movie. I did not, and I hated it until the second half. The characters are partly clicheed and unlikable, and the script is very poor, and until the twist it seems like the movie is sucking for cheap laughs, but then the big twist comes, and I changed perspective completely. It suddenly became a piece of genius. The second half is definitely better than the first, and I think everyone who sees this movie will agree with me on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulp Fiction.
    10/10
    Great movie. Nothing more I can say.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Deleted
    a little late I think, The Avengers 9.5/10

It was a good movie, I totally enjoyed Downey Jr. (Iron Man) as usual, and Loki i liked as well. It was really cool and the jokes were funny, i'm amazed how they could fit all those hero's in the movie without one standing out over the others. however it's not a 10 because I had a difficult time understanding the story completely since i've only seen Iron Man 2 from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (after the movie i went on the internet searching on Thor's hammer Mjonir and why the Hulk couldn't pick it up).

Avengers is one of the best i've see so far, Avatar is still the best though, looking out for The Dark Knight Rises (Batman is the only cool superhero from DC Comics). Just worrying if The Amazing Spiderman is going to be good with the new actor for Spiderman.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2012-06-19 at 08:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Movie Title: Prometheus
    Rating (out of 10): 7
    Review: (All of this is my OPINION and I am a harsh critic. Remember that.) Overall, the movie was "cool." It wasn't awesome, it wasn't amazing, but it did tickle my eyes. Which seems to be the goal of Hollywood these days. Special effects of course were pretty good, and the story was okay. It had some holes (which apparently will be filled in in the next movie, though I doubt it) and the connection to the original Alien movies was vague to say the least. There were also some really big mistakes that every person who is familiar with most sci-fi movies would automatically go "wow, these guys are stupid" or "they would not be allowed to do that" and of course in the action sequences, there were the "yea, right, that's very unlikely" or "that could never happen." It seems these days, anything sci-fi or magical is an excuse to just do whatever the hell they feel like with no regard for realism or basic physics, and the audience should just ignore it or not question it. So there were plenty of those moments in this, but by the end, I can admit it looked cool. And so that's where my review and rating lies. In the "eh, it was cool" department. It didn't engage my intelligence, or any real sense of mystery, and it only had minor intensity and "ew" moments. Which I of course just see as "cool." :P

Indie Game: The Movie 10/10
    Very fascinating and insightful look at the lives of independent developers. I really enjoyed this film and I now have a lot of respect for these developers. I had no idea how stressful it could be. Makes me even more thankful that things like the Humble Indie Bundle exist.

Deleted
    Iron Sky 5/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changeling: 8/10.
    A very harsh, unforgettable drama directed by the almighty Clint Eastwood. Angelina Jolie is formidable in the leading role as a woman who come home to her house after work, and finds her son missing. The story eventually leads to her taking the investigation partly on her own with the help of a religious talks person played by John Malkovich, after they uncover corruption in the Police department and their business. The film undergoes an unforgettable twist with the story of her missing son, now months after the disappearing. A very brutal, but good film, even though I found some of the latest scenes to be irrelevant and cuttable.

Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows
    10/10
    Overall fantastic. Very true to sherlock holmes books more so than the first with Moriarty being the villain. Only nidpick i have is possible death of Moriarty. Sherlock survives the fall at the end so its plausible to think Moriarty could as well. How can you kill off Sherlock Holmes greatest nemesis? It would be like killing off the Mandarin in the new Iron Man movie

Spoiler tags present for people who have yet to see the movie.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie: X-Men: First Class

Rating: 10/10

Reasoning: I'm a shameless Marvel fangirl. I love pretty much every movie that features any Marvel hero or villian. (Except a few. But we don't talk about those movies.) X-Men: First Class was just great. I had seen it before but I didn't remember too much of it, so I decided to rewatch it. Still made my poor heart hurt at the end, still gave me all of the feels. But definitely not a disappointment.

My only sorta negative point is that it didn't exactly show as strong a bond between Charles and Erik as I'd have hoped. Obviously, in the comics, they were pretty much inseparable at first if I remember correctly.
    Mind you, they implied that sort of relationship, which I'm fine with. It'd have been nice to see some scenes where that bond really shone through, but it's such a minor detail - heck, I could tell how strong a friendship they had even without any extra scenes. Maybe it's because I know the comics so well; maybe it's just because they represented the bond through other means, which was achieved rather well, all things considered.
    A lot of it was subtle, which, actually, now that I think about it, means that my point has been negated. A lot of scenes showed a more caring side to their relationship. You just had to pay attention to something other than the explosions, I guess.

All in all, a very good movie.

(Favourite scene is probably the only one with Wolverine. I love Logan - such a great character.)

Sorry to post again, but watched a great movie on the plane ride home from vegas

Crimson Tide
    10/10

They truly don't make good military/thriller movies anymore. I highly suggest you watch it. Denzel and Gene Hackman. Great cast and a great movie.

Trailer
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eight legged freaks 6.5/10

Avengers 9.5

Funny, well done story,great action...good job making the less fantastical heroes (black widow, captain America) still feel heroic, and no icky romance.
    The bad was Hawkeye feeling lame compared to even Agent Phil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently saw Snow White and the Huntsman and I have to say I almost left midway through the film. I found it to be very slow paced and what combat there was was shot from a very innocent angle. Hell the final battle with the Queen was like 30 seconds and you don't see like a single sword slash >.<. 2/10, not a 1 because of the beautiful nature scene of the faerie world.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    Prometheus 5/10

I'm being generous because I like scifi so much even if the only thing that holds this movie together is a big chain of stupidities and clichés.

You should be ashamed Ridley, ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the titans.

2.5/10

I want those 100 minutes of my life back.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Bedroom: 7/10.
    A fine, slowly paced drama about grief and vengeance, the will will to harm those who harmed you. Stellar performances around the board, but especially from Tom Wilkinson.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 01:37 PM ----------

The Grey: 7/10.
    A thriller set in a snowy landscape, after a plane crashes and the passengers must flee for their lives from the brutal prey of wolves in the darkness. The movie tends to act as a horror movie with great effect, and Liam Neeson delivers a brilliant performance in the leading role. Great pacing, gorgeous cinematography and a nasty ending.