10+ Year Old Account
    Red Dawn Remake

5/10

Not long enough. Too much Josh Peck...as in..he shouldn't of been in it. The whole China to North Korea switcharoo. Not long enough. Some people dislike long movies...if it's able to continue telling a somewhat intriguing story, it can be four hours for all I care.

magnolia

7/10

..but tom cruise gets a 10/10 for his performance in this

Avengers.... 10/10 to be honest... keep watching it over and over for the cheesy humour and sheer awesomeness.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    The Dictator 6/10

Was okay, liked the obscenity and shock value like most of Cohen's movies, but it tried taking itself seriously half way through, pretty lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars Holiday Special ( yes the original thing)

10/10 Best Star Wars movie out there, hands down

Deleted
    The Hobbit last night.

9.5/10

Fucking brilliant film, totally hit the nail on the head for me as a fan of the book.
    Absolute gem.
    Only possible critique: tomany references to the LOTR for my taste (like loads of easter eggs) and they could have shaved 20 minutes of and still been sitting pretty.

LOVED IT.

I saw The Grudge while typing one of my papers since it was on demand and I needed something to focus on while gathering my thoughts. There were some scary parts because of the suspense (and how loud I had it lol) but the plot was really fucking weird and I didn't understand who people were at some time. Ending was gay too. 3.5/10

I saw the Hangover Part 2 on demand again since I was writing a paper on it. 10/10 LOL. Not quite as magical the third time you see it but it's still funny.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Skyfall

10/10

Craig ... can have sex with 50% of population - the other 50% is male.
    Lol. But he implied that he did have sex with a man before when he got captured by that guy and was about to get raped. So 100% is a better number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The Hobbit last night.

9.5/10

Fucking brilliant film, totally hit the nail on the head for me as a fan of the book.
    Absolute gem.
    Only possible critique: tomany references to the LOTR for my taste (like loads of easter eggs) and they could have shaved 20 minutes of and still been sitting pretty.

LOVED IT.
    My father said critics didn't like it. Good to know.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Seen nothing but positive reviews till now and now after seeing it myself i have too agree this is the best movie ive seen this year better the The dark knight riser or Avengers hell its the best movie ive seen in 3 years peter jackson realy worked his magic with the hobbit only like he can do it im not sure if this is better then Tlotr as i realy need all 3 parts before i can judge over the whole story/trilogy compared too the book but the movie story isnt much different then the book but its def better then The Two Towers.

10/10 from me if only i could give a 11....
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    My father said critics didn't like it. Good to know.
    Was gonna say that too. Was reading some critics and they weren't really compelling to run and watch it right away.
    From what I also read, one should try to avoid the 48 FPS version. Supposedly gives the movie a rather high def soap opera tv show feel. The conventional version feels like a movie though.

Critics say that the problem is for the movie, with it's relatively short book and it's rather straight forward driven storyline in it, the movie is just too long, considering that it's even stretched out into 3 movies. Plus that it should have been made before LOTR.
    Without seeing it just yet, I can see that argument as being valid.
    A hobbit movie, or maybe 2 movies even, instead of 3, and then the LOTR movies as follow ups, that would have probably better.

I still would love to see the Silmarillion turned into movies.

Deleted
    The dark Knight rises - 8/10

excellent movie, a few bits that annoyed me in it, some bits too predictable to get a 10. but definitely one of the best films ive watched this year.

and others ive seen recently

Cpt America - 5/10. didn't really like this film all that much, not much more to say. probably my least favorite super hero movie recently.

Avengers - 9/10. what a film. one of thise films where you just sit back and see shit blow up for 2 hours.

A-Team - 7/10. i didn't think i would like this film, but i was pleasantly surprised, a few little cheesy jokes in there made me laugh and of course a nice lot of action.

Prometheus - 8/10. loved this film, cant wait for the sequal. always a big fan of the Alien series,
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-12-13 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Dread

10/10

The Hobbit

8.5, very good movie but few brainfarts and unecessary sub plot won't let me give it a solid 9. Still, strongest of all the LotR movies, and most accurate to the actual book.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

6.5/10

I unfortunately had to watch this movie in 3D at 24fps as opposed to 48fps because there were no theaters that offered the high frame rate along with the original language (I live in Germany).

Like the book, the movie is a lot more lighthearted than the LotR series. There are slapstick scenes, usually involving the dwarves or Radagast, the ominous feel of LotR is gone, as is the feel of urgency and gritty appearance. The movie is a lot more CGI heavy (not as much as the Star Wars prequels but definitely more that the LotR movies), especially in the fight scenes. In addition, the unnecessary subplot really affected the pacing of the movie, giving the audience very little breathing time before it launches them into yet another action scene.

Overall, The Hobbit feels very different than the LotR movies. The best way to describe it (and I'm sure there will be people out there who will be fuming over their keyboards because of what I'm about to say) would be to compare them to the original Star Wars trilogy and the Prequels. They share the same universe, involve some the same characters and both have an epic familiar scores, but yet they feel and look vastly different. An Unexpected Journey is The Lord of the Rings' Phantom Menace, maybe not quite as bad but clearly inferior to the previous movies.

The Hobbit, 10/10.
    My favorite movies are LOTR, and The Hobbit sits well on that shelf. Watched it in 48fps, and I will never trust random reviewers ever again. When you look at what that movie was made on compared to LOTR, it's quite amazing. the lighthearted and fun approach was really neat, and it had that Fellowship of the Ring adventure-feel to it.
    People here are talking about an unnecessary subplot, is that The Necromancer plot? Because no, it is foreshadowing of something that will have a more or less major role in The Desolation of Smaug, and the guy who is going to voice The Necromancer spoiled that he will be at The Battle of the Five Armies too.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Was gonna say that too. Was reading some critics and they weren't really compelling to run and watch it right away.
    From what I also read, one should try to avoid the 48 FPS version. Supposedly gives the movie a rather high def soap opera tv show feel. The conventional version feels like a movie though.

Critics say that the problem is for the movie, with it's relatively short book and it's rather straight forward driven storyline in it, the movie is just too long, considering that it's even stretched out into 3 movies. Plus that it should have been made before LOTR.
    A hobbit movie, or maybe 2 movies even, instead of 3, and then the LOTR movies as follow ups, that would have probably better.

The critics are as bull as you call a subjective opinion. The 48fps was excellent, it's almost ONLY about getting used to it, if at some point during our next Hobbit-filled years movies will begin to be inspired to do the same, we will soon steadily be moving away from 24fps.

Also, I know some people are rambling about the start and subplots and Rivendal, but I wouldn't have left out a minute. If you watch LOTR in EE (which I consider the true version of the movies) you shouldn't be bothered by it. I'm more grumpy about them holding back on 25 minutes for the EE.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-12-13 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

From what it seems the critics seem to be jumping on the bandwagon some of the early ones did on hating The Hobbit because it was the new hip thing to do for pretentious critics like them.

There weren't any real justified criticisms in the reviews, the only ones I saw were 'I don't like 48 fps, long movies about short people, or peter jackson'. Because let's face it the press loves a once success goes into a failure story more than a success continues to succeed story.

It sucks for any fan of the hobbit, and the criticisms from what I have seen and heard from more trustworthy critics aren't justified which is sad. This is going to be a movie where the audience, and fans (and possibly even guilds) will love it while the critics snub it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    From what it seems the critics seem to be jumping on the bandwagon some of the early ones did on hating The Hobbit because it was the new hip thing to do for pretentious critics like them.

There weren't any real justified criticisms in the reviews, the only ones I saw were 'I don't like 48 fps, long movies about short people, or peter jackson'. Because let's face it the press loves a once success goes into a failure story more than a success continues to succeed story.

It sucks for any fan of the hobbit, and the criticisms from what I have seen and heard from more trustworthy critics aren't justified which is sad. This is going to be a movie where the audience, and fans (and possibly even guilds) will love it while the critics snub it.
    *sniff sniff*
    I smell Forbes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    *sniff sniff*
    I smell Forbes.
    It was the forbes review that took my worry about this film away.

While I trust critics for most films, they are wrong at times.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    beowulf 8.5/10

it was entertaining
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

The Hobbit, 10/10

Don't really care what the ''movie critics'' say (maybe they should find a real job?), the movie rocks. I can't wait for the next two.
    On the basis of just first one, I'd say LotR was more epic but Hobbit is very magical in its own way, I think it's more of a storytelling kind of thing. Either way though, can't wait for the next 2 movies! <3