Deleted
    Wrath of the Titans (3D) 4/10

came free with a relatives new 3D TV so we gave it a watch, now its probably one of the best looking movies ive seen, the 3D was brilliant, but the movie sucked. the acting was terrible, the special effects were pretty nice, but the movie just wan't engaging

Lincoln: 9/10
    Really good movie. While not 100% accurate it's pretty darn close and the movie and Daniel Day Lewis pay fair tribute to one of the most respected US Presidents, and I'm glad they don't make him look perfect. That being said, it's not for everyone, there isn't any action and it's really for those interested in Lincoln or US history that is actually accurately depicted in something other than a documentary. If that's what you're looking for than this is a rare treat.

GI Joe Retaliation....idk, 6/10? It's so horrendously bad, but that's almost the point isn't it? Was a freebie and entertaining at least.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Cloud Atlas - 6/10

If you've seen the Fountain, the Matrix and Soylent Green, you've seen the protracted mish-mash that is Cloud Atlas done far more focussed and far better. The makeup was shocking too! Disappointing.
    Lol seriously matrix?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212974/?ref_=sr_6
    Groove, good movie about ug raves. 7/10

Deleted
    Teeth. 7/10

If you haven't heard about it the film is about a girl who has teeth in her lady parts. It's so stupid its rather amusing and has some hilarious set pieces with various unpleasant males losing delicate parts of their anatomy.

It's one of those crap movies I actually really enjoyed. I suspect it might become one of my guilty pleasures.

Olympus Has Fallen. 7/10, decent for what it is, a die hard-like action movie that requires some suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy.

Deleted
    Django Unchained - 7/10 (1 whole point for the German and reference to Das Nibelungenlied).
    Sinister - 4.5/10 (yeah, that half is only because it kept me hoping it could improve, otherwise it would be a solid 4).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-08 at 08:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    olympus has fallen

id have to give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. it was a great action flick, almost die hardish with gerard butler instead of bruce willis.

Django Unchained - 8/10 Really good film, entertainingly written, directed and acted. Realistic handling of the racism involved and to me, it didn't feel like a gratuitous addition. Jamie Foxx was good as Django, though perhaps just a little too softly spoken overall. I loved some of the goofiness of spaghetti westerns that was included, such as the OTT zooms and camera pans. One of Tarrantino's best for me. Despite his awful, if amusing cameo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloud Atlas.

10/10

For some people this movie can be quite difficult to understand as a whole, but once you do understand, it really fits together nicely. I would say that this is one of Tom Hank's best movies of all time, with other actors bringing excellent performances all round. The music in this movie was beautiful many times throughout the film and the end credits were surprisingly fun.

I would say that this is my favorite movie of 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Skies

7/10

A pretty straight forward movie and Grays scare the shit out of me.

Deleted
    The King's Speech

8/10

Great acting and story, perhaps a little too cosy for my liking though.

Deleted
    Lincoln - 8/10 I am not really much for period movies, but I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
    Capricorn One - 9/10 One of my all time favorite movies, Even if it is 35 years old. Well made, well thought out just a little missing from the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyfall.

8.0/10

Decent Bond flick, I liked the action and the drama. But I did not like how Silva had multiple attempts to kill M where he just stood there and talked as if he was waiting for Bond to show up. I did not like the random sex scene on the boat. Bond just shows up and has sex with the girl in the shower. I know Bond is a womanizing playboy but usually there's at least some romantic build up. And I kinda missed the whole megalomaniac globally catastrophic scheme that most Bond villains have.

But over all, I enjoyed it.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Oblivion 9/10

Another great Tom Cruise movie, the fact that Morgen Freeman is in it is a bonus for me as hes 1 of my favourite actors, gets into the action fairly quickly only to have u trying to figure it out all the way through the movie, overall a great Cruise movie with some great twists and turns that i definately wasnt expecting

Deleted
    Jonah Hex 1/10 horrible movie stopped watching after 40 mins.

Did watch Lucky Number Slevin directly after and ill give it a 9/10.

Hearing mixed things about Oblivion. I hope there will be more raters on it soon.

Deleted
    Cloud Atlas 7-8/10

No bloody idea what I was expecting. Was bored one day and that was the only movie at the cinema that I haven't watched. Didn't even read the description or anything, went in blind really. Very enjoyable.

The Croods 8.5/10 but I had to act like it was 4/10

Watched the movie with my wife and the parent-in-laws. I find the movie to be hilarious, but it was awkward as hell sitting next to the missus' dad. Especially when the movie is about a dumb father who keeps making himself look like a fool in front of the daughter's boyfriend...

Haven't done a review in awhile so...

1. ..watched the whole Harry Potter film series. Grew up with the books, LOVED the books, then stopped watching the film after the first one because I just didn't like it--it just didn't match up to my imagination's interpretation of the books for some reason. Then a few weeks ago I decided to give the films another chance...and was surprised at the relatively decent performances and the films' timeless quality. These will be films kids will be watching 20 years from now (even if it is only because their grandparents make them sit through the films), and they will enjoy them.

8.5/10 for the series, although some films are better than others. Emma Watson's acting was exceptionally clever; Daniel Radcliffe's needed polishing in certain scenes but otherwise was ok for a kid actor who essentially grew up with the film series.

2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding: 5/10 Not sure why this film was so popular back in the day. It played on so many gender and cultural stereotypes that it made me gag, and seemed cheesy and contrived....or did it? I grew up in Alaska, but my entire extended family and my parents were born and raised in Chicago. My great-grandparents were born in Poland. My mom and dad grew up one block away from one another; both of my parents grew up in those big huge crazy families where whole families lived on a city block, the grandparents from native Poland who only cooked Polish food, spoke Polish and spent every waking moment of the day trying to instill in their grandchildren the traditions that they brought over with them from their native country.

My parents' childhoods are essentially summed up in that film.

So why does it still feel cheesy and contrived, and too reliant on social stereotypes? I don't know. Maybe it is because we are less tolerant now of the realities of previous generations, where your ethnicity (even if you were Caucasian) and your status as a man/woman strongly determined your destiny in life. Or perhaps it was a bad script, or mediocre acting. I'm not really sure. Ultimately this is a film that would have been much better with a different script, different actors and different director, who had focused less on making a romantic comedy and more on sharing with an audience the lives of those whose families were still new to America, and still maintained their strong ethnic identities.

Oblivion:
    This is without a doubt one of the most visually spectacular movie ive ever seen, the soundtrack is excellent and the plot is good.
    i was torn between giving it a 8 or 9 ion imdb. (ended up with a 9)
    But here my rating will be 8.5!
    this is a movie you will want to see in the cinema. There are so many visually beatiful scenes.. watching a damned rip at home wont do this movie justice. And dont let any1 spoil it for you, knowing the plot will change the way you look at this movie, myself i even now regret even seeing the trailer since i think it gave to much away.