10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    The Hangover 3. Loved the first two but this one was just boring. 5/10
    There weren't any hangovers in this movie, that's the problem. They weren't trying to figure out what happened but rather just save their friend.

They should have started the movie with that very last scene during the credits... That would have helped a lot.

Gonna list 2,
    Hangover 3, 4/10 not even close to the first and secound.
    Fast and furious 6, 9/10 Fucking loved it, best F&F so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Here's the template:

Movie Title
    Rating (out of 10)
    Review (can be as long as you like, please include why you liked/disliked the movie)

Have fun!
    Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
    5/10

It wasn't fantastic, especially in how predictable it was, but it still gained decent points for sheer absurdity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Man of Steel (Superman Returns Reboots!): 7.5/10. Decently long review for the individual details that popped in my head below.

There were a few transitions that felt a little odd (and not just the ones where they flash back to his childhood). They decided to focus more on the fact that Supes is an alien in this film for the majority of the character interactions, but surprisingly it still felt a little more distant than I expected even when they were clearly trying to contrast that fact with his more "human" qualities that he was supposed to have adopted while being raised and taught by the Kent family. (The hope in humanity theme has obvious intentions to connect the Superman S (meaning "hope") to his persona abound, but I don't know why- I just didn't feel it beyond the surface)

Michael Shannon makes few mistakes as General Zod, and Henry Cavill did more than fine as Superman. I didn't really care for many of the side characters, but they did pick well for "the evil henchman with a name" in Antje Traue as Faora, and Russel Crowe got a sweet role. (I think this may be due to the way the interactions were all tainted by him being an alien like I mentioned). Sorry, Amy Adams.

Looked great; suffered from less fast-pace action shot cuts than I expected in a few neat spots; not nearly as dark as some reviews led me to believe. It brings up morality heavily, but I mean... you totally know what side Superman's fighting for the whole time. It's Superman.
    Last edited by Shibboleths; 2013-06-14 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to watching the cult classic Pulp Fiction.

8/10, typical Tarantino flick.
    Putin khuliyo

The Lady Vanishes 7/10 a great Hitchcock wartime film, a bit goofy/maybe border line racist against Italians XD, but overall a fun jaunt.

Deleted
    The Departed 7/10

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    I wish the trailer didn't spoil some of the surprises. Spoiler: Like I knew that one guy didn't die in the car crash because I saw in the trailer him throwing the sledgehammer against that glass wall revealing the safe (also I knew that safe was hidden behind a mirror wall when they went into that room, for the same reason).
    Thats the reason I never watch trailers. If I don't like the movie I just turn it off.

Star Trek : Into Darkness

9/10

I'm REALLY enjoying what's being done with the reboot! Best Star Trek since Khan for me!

Man of Steel - 9/10

I liked all the Dark Knight movies better, but this was a Zack Snyder and Superman movie, so it must be rated as such. And as a sci-fi action movie, it was big, grand, and epic.

I watched Pitch Perfect last night.

9/10

I like musicals, though, so... grain of salt, I guess. (never watched glee, mind you)

Deleted
    The Call

2/10

The story sucked and the acting sucked, it's a B movie starring Halle Berry.

Star Trek
    9/10
    Loved the movie. Very funny with a touch less drama/sadness then the first one. Lots of action and comedy. I never watched the old Star Trek series so I couldnt say much about Khan, but I find this to be action packed and very entertaining, there was no down-time.

Iron Man 3:
    9/10

1 was great, 2 was ok but not as good. 3 Brings it all back. This film manages to focus more on Tonys life before he became famous, but it also illustrates how he solves problems from the past. Its not very action-packed. but man is it funny. Almost every 30 seconds or less theres a well written joke in the script. Very Entertaining

Now you see me:
    10/10
    This film keeps you guessing to the end. All the actors are quite solid, theres never a dull moment. The movie is quite long though, that would be my only complaint. the movie needs to be long just because of how the whole plot comes together.

Overall Id definitly see Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 again, both great action movies, with Now You See Me as an excellent movie as well.

Man of Steel
    Some people will dislike me for saying this but it was only ok, and honestly that may be because of super high expectations for the movie (expecting something on the dark knight scale) and getting something that is more of Snyder's usual. The movie is filled to the brim with action, honestly to much, to the point where they don't develop the characters or the plot enough, and even then superman gets even less of that development, he just seems like a tool to spark big, explosive, action scenes to me. The emotional parts that are in there are great, but there aren't many of them and they aren't that long (and you've already seen most of them in the trailers). The romance between Louis and Superman also felt rushed, it would have been good if Snyder had spent some more time fleshing that out. Overall the performances (Russell Crowe and Cosner were the only ones that overly impressed me) were fine, Henry Cavill is not Christopher Reeves but then again Snyder is no Donners either. Eh for this film, it was a disappointment. 5.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Star trek: into darkness
    4/10
    Felt like just a collection of random events rather than a proper story. Quite boring
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    Django Unchained. 9/10. Loved it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This Is the End. 7.5/10 Overall thought it was funny. The penis and cumming jokes got a tad old.

Deleted
    Jack the Giant Slayer. 7.0
    I think this movie somewhat failed with its pr. It seemed to go fairly unnoticed for a 200 mill$$ Bryan Singer(Xmen) movie. Maybe because it follow a couple of questionable remakes of other popular fairy tales. It also had to be renamed and the premiere was postponed several times.
    That is a shame - it is actual a really decent fantasy movie.
    The first half of the movie has a great feel of fairy tales - it reminded me of Stardust; great characters, humor and suspense in a good mix. The other half are less inspired imo. Unfortunately it happens often that directors resorts to forgettable action once they have established characters and premises. I didnt fall asleep in this movie though, pretty entertaining action.
    It is absolutely worth watching for people who like fantasy/adventures . The giants is really well made and relatively credible cgi and Ewan MC Gregor is better as knigth than Jedi Knight (Obi wan would have won alot had he been portrayed like this knight imo).
    Good entertainment if the TV Schedule looks boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go to movie theaters often, but Iron Man 3.

Was pretty good, would give 8/10, but didn't feel like it had the spark the first one did. Dunno how to explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie: Star Trek: Into Darkness
    Rating: 9/10
    Review: I was absolutly entertained from start till finish. Benedict Cumberbatch is a perfect cast for the antagonist, the plot is simple yet not boring (albeit a tad cliche).
    Zachary Quinto yet again plays Spock like he was born to do it. The action scenes were marvelous. Perhaps the best Abrams movie Ive seen. Big and epic.