Deleted
    Where Eagle's Dare - 9/10. This film is so great, I can't even articulate its amazingness. Drags a bit at first for people who like pace, but everything is flawlessly executed- the plot, the characterisations (particularly Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton), the sequences and the action. It's unusual for having a 'brainy' main character who plans most of his actions beforehand - rather than Indiana Jones or James Bond who tend to shoot and invent the plot as they go along. The setting - Hohenwerfen Castle in Austria is brilliantly utilized throughout the film.

Favourite part for me is how Clint Eastwood dispenses with his signature revolver and masters the submachine gun - mowing down the fascists with nonchalant ease. Probably my number 1 war/action movie (out of not many), an old Sunday afternoon favourite.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-08-24 at 12:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oldboy - 9/10

Been meaning to watch this for a long time but never got round to it. Finally watched it today, wish i watched it earlier. Great plot, great acting, great music etc. The movie kept me entertained from start to end and is for sure in my top 10. If you haven't watched it i highly recommend it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're Next.

8/10. Really badass movie, and the hero in this movie is awesome, I would love to see her play Tomb Raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    You're Next.

8/10. Really badass movie, and the hero in this movie is awesome, I would love to see her play Tomb Raider.
    Been a while since I heard of this movie, it had a lot of hype and good promotion and I was waiting for someone to talk about it. Glad to heard feedback, will watch it as soon as possible. haha
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Been a while since I heard of this movie, it had a lot of hype and good promotion and I was waiting for someone to talk about it. Glad to heard feedback, will watch it as soon as possible. haha
    Yea it finally came out in theaters was supposed to be out in 2011 but I think conflicts with the studios messed up the releasing of it. Glad it got released though, and not straight to DVD or lost forever. It has a feel of one of those Alamo Drafthouse films though, wish I had seen in there, because my audience was boring as hell. Did have a few claps on some of the kills though.

This is the End: Def the funniest film I've seen this year so far,
    has to be a 9/10

The Worlds End: 1 of the worst Simon Pegg films ever it was fine until all the robot people and then it just got soo crap.
    2/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Pacific Rim. 9.5/10, with points off only because they had to resort to the cliche 'hero comes out of retirement' opening (albeit well-justified, ergo, only a half-point off).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek Into Darkness

7/10

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dredd (Karl Urban) 7.5/10

I went in ready for either more cheese (ala 90's Dredd) and "ooooo so edgy in dystopian future" trope. However, I was not just impressed, but I enjoyed it too. The reason it plummeted to a 7 very quickly, was the "uh oh! we're locked in somewhere, now we're going to spend the ENTIRE MOVIE getting out of it!" I was ready for poor writing, but this device of being "cut off" is one of my least favorite (it's up there with what I call "survival of the fittest" episodes of TV series and movies -- it's why I can't STAND Lost). However, I gave points back because I liked the villain. I felt that she only fucked up, as a villain, once. The rest of the time, she's a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of gal. Which, I really enjoy in a villain. Points were also given back because the blonde chick (can't be fucked to remember her name right now) wasn't completely useless and got over her "emotional problems" really damn fast. What I DIDN'T like about her was how her story was written.

Give her a chance!
    No!
    No really, she's psychic
    Okay
    You'll fail for doing A,B,C etc
    Fails due to B and C
    Oh wait, you still pass; j/k

I did enjoy Urban's Dredd, but what held me back from giving him more points was his "grumpy cat face." The forced frown. I get it. Dredd doesn't smile. But when it's that forced, it just looks rather ridiculous. I did enjoy this incarnation of Dredd and would be interested in seeing a squeal.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    world's end = 9/10. awesome ending. good conclusion to the cornetto trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now You See Me - 3/10

Hot mess. That's what this movie was. The best part was the Gambit fight and I'd already seen that months ago.

The Wolverine 8/10

Jackman was awesome as usual, definitely some good action and effects, but there wasn't anything about the movie that made it particularly stand out from any other superhero movie. If you like all the other X-Men related movies well enough you'll enjoy this one just fine.

The World's End - 9/10. Hilarious! Loved every minute of it. I'm surprised that this year I've enjoyed not one, but TWO comedies so far. Normally I can't stand them. It also made me want to watch Shaun of the Dead after seeing it. Love Simon Pegg.

Oblivion: 7.5 / 10

good sci-fi movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie 43

Freaky Shit !
    Weird, very weird humor.
    Not really my kind of humor.
    3/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Smashed: 7/10
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I a. Surprised to see pacific rim getting suck high ratings, I've not seen it yet, but honestly from the adverts it looked not so good, more of just an over the top action film with no real story, but seeing as how everyone is rating it high, I may have to go see it.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    pain and gain - much to my surprise in spite of it being a micheal bay movie i really enjoyed it 8/10
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

We're the millers - 8.5/10