Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah, it was not the best movie ever made, but I tell you what ... if I have to pick a movie to rewatch and I have man of steel, iron man 3 and riddick to pick from ... I will pick riddick. I will pick all three riddicks ...
    I'd pick Man of Steel, then Iron Man 3. The hate for Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel is absurd around here. There's been some domino effect, By the reviewers in Man of Steel, and by the comic fans in Iron Man 3. I've observed that people are affected a lot more by the reviewers beforehand than they'd like to admit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I'd pick Man of Steel, then Iron Man 3. The hate for Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel is absurd around here. There's been some domino effect, By the reviewers in Man of Steel, and by the comic fans in Iron Man 3. I've observed that people are affected a lot more by the reviewers beforehand than they'd like to admit.
    Haven't watched the latest Riddick yet, but the difference between Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 is almost night and day...

I even greatly enjoyed much of Iron Man 3, at least compared to others like Star Trek, but still there is no comparison, particularly so for comic fans! You should not be surprised.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-31 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Haven't watched the latest Riddick yet, but the difference between Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 is almost night and day...

I even greatly enjoyed much of Iron Man 3, at least compared to others like Star Trek, but still there is no comparison, particularly so for comic fans! You should not be surprised.
    Well, Iron Man 3 is the third highest rated Avengers movie on IMDb, not counting Thor: The Dark World. I don't care about comic fans, they should stick to their comics and stop criticizing the movies take on the universe based on their childhood comic preference.

I wanted to leave both Man of Steel and IM3 half way through the movies ... with full price tickets paid for. Nothing to do with reviews.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I wanted to leave both Man of Steel and IM3 half way through the movies ... with full price tickets paid for. Nothing to do with reviews.
    What a movie standard.

What a movie standard.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    Not really a beneficial thing to have a high movie standard. It decreases enjoyment of movies, and narrows your appeal. I do wonder where the wish for having a high standard comes from.

Not really a beneficial thing to have a high movie standard. It decreases enjoyment of movies, and narrows your appeal. I do wonder where the wish for having a high standard comes from.
    I don't think that prefering Riddick over MoS or IM3 is high standard, that movie/serie has weak script(s) as well ... it's just that high budget, full of star movies very often underperform, at least lately.

I don't think that prefering Riddick over MoS or IM3 is high standard, that movie/serie has weak script(s) as well ... it's just that high budget, full of star movies very often underperform, at least lately.
    T'was a matter of taste. My personal favorite movie of the year as of yet is Pacific Rim for the sheer awesomeness it embraces, with bonus points for being original (as least original in the sense that it's not based on some other series or book or comic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    6/10 even with Starbuck's tits?

For shame.
    I know right it was a brief side boob shot and loses points for not being full on frontal.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I know right it was a brief side boob shot and loses points for not being full on frontal.
    Did you see the same Riddick?

I saw full on nipples and everything. In fuckin' IMAX too. Like 8 foot tall Katee Sackhoff aureola with tasty little M&M nips.

Also I hate Europe and your getting Thor 2 a week earlier than me... grumble...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-10-31 at 07:48 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyGenius View Post
    The Internship. I'd give it a 7/10, Luke is pretty much playing his usual sort of shy but funny dude who gets the girl and Vince is his fun all-up-in-your-face character that brings everyone together through diversity. Luke and Vince have great synergy on the screen imo, just look at wedding crashers, so for anyone who wants a easy-watched movie with I'd say this one is a good pick.
    That movie was awesome and hilarious. Last movie I saw tho was Star Trek Into the Darkness last night and I give it about a 6/10. One before that was Ronin (1998) and that's easily a 9/10 for me. I enjoy crime movies like this and one of my all time favorites is Heat.

The Conjuring - 9/10
    Loved it. Movies don't scare me often anymore and this one startled me a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Did you see the same Riddick?

I saw full on nipples and everything. In fuckin' IMAX too. Like 8 foot tall Katee Sackhoff aureola with tasty little M&M nips.

Also I hate Europe and your getting Thor 2 a week earlier than me... grumble...
    Thor: The Dark World! Silly 2's!

And yeah we are! Could be 20 minutes from watching it, but it's a Thursday, so I'm instead 24 hours and 20 minutes away at the time of this comment. Hooray fantasy(ish) movies!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Haunting (1963)
    10/10

I don't think a better horror movie has ever been made, every horror movie since has taken from The Haunting in some way shape or form, it was the first to compile all the staples of the genre into an atmospheric masterpiece.

Thor: The Dark World: 8/10

To put it into perspective:

The Avengers: 8/10

Iron Man: 8/10

Thor: The Dark World: 8/10

So it goes in as my number three favorite Avengers movie out of the 8 in total.

The movie was great, great visuals, good humor, Loke is awesome, Thor is awesome, the Nine Realms are awesome, it's pretty awesome. I was expecting more adventure into the different realms, but I guess that isn't really the Marvel style. The villain is pretty standard, but then again, so is every other villain in the Marvel movies, so who's surprised?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-11-02 at 03:23 PM.

T'was a matter of taste. My personal favorite movie of the year as of yet is Pacific Rim for the sheer awesomeness it embraces, with bonus points for being original (as least original in the sense that it's not based on some other series or book or comic).
    I think the asian actress was interesting (same as the two in Wolverine for the record ) But it was not developed enough. Most interesting thing was how they were doing autopsy of the aliens.

I think the asian actress was interesting (same as the two in Wolverine for the record ) But it was not developed enough. Most interesting thing was how they were doing autopsy of the aliens.
    Gotta love my XCOM vibe. Screw the characters, they're soldiers, they only live to control the awesomeness that is giant robots!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    The Conjuring - 9/10
    Loved it. Movies don't scare me often anymore and this one startled me a few times.
    WHEN?! Oh man I was so let down by this one. On one hand, the acting was pretty great (<3 Vera Farmiga) on the other the "horror" felt so forced I couldn't get into it. Was like someone opened a bag of cliche into one house and just let stuff happen at random. I even tried watching it in total darkness with my headphones on max and still nothing. I mean come on, the ghost fires a fucking shotgun for shit sake really?

I give it a 6/10 for the quality cast but it just wasn't much of a scary film, like most others that've come out lately.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The new Carrie. 7/10 Julianne Moore is amazing as always. Decent effects, pretty close to the true original just a bit more modernized.

Would watch again on HBO/netflix, would not buy.