Thor: The Dark World, probably a 7/10
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lorax - 8/10

Gravity - 9/10

So it finally got released in Denmark, and I finally saw it. Great visuals, totally unique, great thriller, but for a movie that boasts of "silent space", it's still the loudest movie I've seen this year.

This movie does have some problems, which comes from it's uniqueness. It's not a traditional movie, and while it does some things masterfully, it just doesn't have other things. Like a plot, character interactions, something that sticks in your mind. It's a roller coaster ride, it's all fun and giggles while you're in the ride, but you don't get to take anything with from it, the feeling will fade after a while, and you'll never get to take it home. This is a movie that loses a lot of air if it's not seen in the cinema and in 3D. In a way it's a 8, in a way it's a 9, so I'm conflicted. However, I'll give it a 9 and call it my favorite movie of the year so far (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is destined to be my #1 of 2013).

The World's End - solid 7/10, not quite as funny as Shaun of the Dead, but I liked it better than Hot Fuzz for sure. The argument with "the Network" was definitely funny.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Before Sunrise - 7/10
    Before Sunset - 7/10
    Before Midnight - 7/10

I don't know if the movies have a name as a series, but the appropriate name would be The Story About a Couple That Talks A Lot. It's a fairly unique set of movies, the first one made in 1995, the second in 2004, and the newest in 2013, with the movies taking place with the same nine year intervals. And the movies are really about this couple, who talk a lot, the setting being some European country (Austria, France and then Greece). It's uniqueness and the fact that it's not completely boring makes it work, and it's a very realistic take on romance on a couple, 9, 18 years into their relationship. The movies gets better and better, but I can't really give it anything above 7, since it lacks a lot, kind of like Gravity, but Gravity was just more groundbreaking (in terms of visuals) and engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The Hobbit is three, but that's besides the point. Ender's Game doesn't strike me as two-part material. It doesn't have some point where I can say "if the movie stopped here and the next movie began here, it would work" like I can with The Deathly Hollows, The Hobbit and Breaking Dawn (never read Mockingjay).
    His idea was to have the break just after he's attacked by Bonzo and quits. So the first part being about his development in Battle School, and the second him rejoining the fight and graduating to Command School.

Is Mockingjay going to be made into 2 films? I didn't know that. Hmm. If they are, I could see the first movie being up to where Peeta is rescued and him attacking Katniss with the second opening (possibly at Annie's and Finnick's wedding) with Peeta's ongoing recovery, before the lead up to the assault on the Capitol. Not sure where the cracking of 'The Nut' will fit in, though. Handily enough, I've been re-reading the series and I'm currently on Mockingjay atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    This is a movie that loses a lot of air if it's not seen in the cinema and in 3D.
    *sad sigh* I really wish I could see 3D sometimes.

And I caught Moulin Rouge on the TV a few nights ago. 10/10. Favourite movie of all time. Sang along with all the songs, and cried like a baby at the end.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Just watched The wolverine starring Huagh Jackmans veins in the lead role. The movie was alright 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Air America, get that RDJ & Mel Gibson groove going, Old School!

7/10
    -K

Deleted
    Gravity 10/10
    Dont care about the hype. This years best movie, nothing really comes close. Should win Oscars for best movie/director/female actor (i felt an extreme urge to hold Bullock`s hand or give her a hug - and i have not really been a fan til now). Had chills during re-entry.
    Would go as far to say that Gravity is a quantum leap for the Media and that it hopefully will inspire alot of directors in the future. H5 Cuaròn!

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Just watched The wolverine starring Huagh Jackmans veins in the lead role. The movie was alright 7/10
    Same thoughts. I just couldn't get over how stupid wolverine sometimes acts. Not sure if it's the same in the comic, but in the movie too often he just charges in hoping his regeneration will win him the fight.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Same thoughts. I just couldn't get over how stupid wolverine sometimes acts. Not sure if it's the same in the comic, but in the movie too often he just charges in hoping his regeneration will win him the fight.

This is how he fights.

https://www.google.com/search?q=silv...2F%3B300%3B276
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    We're the Millers

Great actors and I did laugh one of two times but otherwise I don't think the movie was that graet. It does not bring anything new. 5/10

DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp

I rewatched it for the seventh time. It keeps getting better and better the older I get. 10/10

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watched Thor and it was great.

9/10

kat denning > nat portman
    You cared enough to post.

I just saw the new Evil Dead, normally I hate watching scary movies because I'm easily frighten but this did not really scary me much, so 5/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thor: The Dark World: 7.5 / 10

I'm not up on my Thor lor (ha), so I just didn't much care about the villians. Dark Elves? Malekith? Machiavelli? Munchhausen? Mxyztplk? Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho? Whatever. I did enjoy the rest of the film though, even when parts of it turned into Viking Star Wars. Bring on the rest of Marvel's Phase 2. Chris Evans doing Loki doing Cap gave me a good chuckle.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

just watched paranoia. i'd say it was an 8/10 or 9/10. i really liked it, but then again i'm not usually too critical about movies i watch unless i think they're really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    just watched paranoia. i'd say it was an 8/10 or 9/10. i really liked it, but then again i'm not usually too critical about movies i watch unless i think they're really bad.
    No need to be cynical to rate a film. If your all time favorite is a 10, but you watch another amazing film that isn't QUITE in league with your favorite movie, it gets a 9, so on and so forth. No cynicism required.

OT: IP Man- 9/10. Always a favorite.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    I'm kind of the same way. I'm really not critical about movies and in fact the ones that might be considered...like, "high art"-esque are usually more than I'm looking for when I want to enjoy a night out at the movies. If it's a 5+/10 movie then I usually consider the night a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

Deleted
    Wolverine 6/10
    did we really need another storyline revolving around the Wolverine mythos, There are many Great Xmen Characters that could have done with their own film. Now that being said it was an interesting, yet highly predictable and quite enjoyable movie, the only reason it got a 6 rather than a 7 or 8 is that the character is being over used in the xmen movies. I get it that he is a huge character, but what about a film revolving around Cyclopes or one of the others ?

Redemption with Jason Statham
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1893256/
    7/10 could have been a lot better had they expanded on his life as an enforce for the Chinese gang

Not the usual over the top action film you would associate him with and I Wasn't sure if he had the talent to pull of such a dark and tormented character looking to avenge the murder of a female street friend, but he does it brilliantly. Definitely Worth a watch if your a Statham fan, or like dark and gritty type movies. Couple of very touching scenes with the main female character as she gets through to him over the course of the film showing that he is not a totally broken person, and left wide open should they deiced to try and sequel it at a later date (which is doubtful)
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-11-10 at 08:16 PM.

Flight 7/10
    Not a bad movie but not what I was expecting at all. Guess I was expecting a Speed movie with Denzel Washington as the pilot but all of the action takes place in the opening scene and the rest is a drama about the pilot's alcoholism. Not what I was expecting.