Welp I just saw 12 Years a Slave - 8/10: For me this is one of those movies that I enjoy seeing the first time, but I'll never watch it again. It's not really my kind of movie because some scenes were really hard to watch; but I feel no regret in having seen it, and I recommend that all of you see it as well.

Also it was kind of fun to see all these actors that I know from other movies show up in some of the scenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Planes: 2/10 - Hands down, Pixar's worse movie. It's just has all the terrible, lazy and cliched writing you would expect out of a bad Saturday morning cartoon.
    I really need to point out it's not a Pixar movie, it's made by "DisneyToon Studios". They basically get all the crap and minor movie jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    you are generous giving it 2/10.... pixar should be ashamed about this movie. 1/10 only because of the good animation. The story is so horribly boring, its basically a very, very bad copy of the Cars movie.
    I really REALLY need to point it out apparently.

Clerks 2: 9/10, the comedy just clicks with me, and the romance is a little more down to earth and not so overwhelming. Tons of great laughs. I'd recommend this movie to pretty much everyone, so give it a watch if you haven't already.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

Argh! Everyone's seen Frozen and I'm still waiting to see it!

Have that, twelve years a slave, and wolf of wallstreet on my -to watch list- whenever I have free time. (...granted I still have studying, playing games,exercising and watching sports + watching anime on my to do list as well...)

Anyways, last movies I saw

bad Grandpa 7/10, just a comedy slapstick, nothing too good but I had a laugh

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 9/10. Great movie.

Secret life of walter mitty 8/10, nice movie, nothing amazing about it but it's a pretty good movie.

47 Ronin 4/10, I was actually surprisingly hyped up to see the movie, though the trailer pretty much revealed the entire plot, I went to see it anyways.

.....Horrible dialogue, too many scenes, X person dies, 5 seconds later, there's a fight in a continent away! (Example/Exaggeration)...How am I supposed to feel emotional about X dying, dissapointing yet realistic ending, overall just 'meh'. I almost fell asleep if it wasn't for the fight scenes. +1 for having a character named Hazama, having a character named Kira, and half naked naked fat man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    The Prestige - 8.5/10

Felt like watching it again last night after checking to see if Christian Bale did the voice of Howl in the english dub of Howl's Moving Castle (he does) and seeing that in his filmography and remembering how awesome it was.
    Yeah, really liked the Prestige personally.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Deleted
    Rush - 9/10
    One of the best movies I've seen in the last few years. And some parts (though not all, obviously) were historically accurate.

The Deep Blue Sea
    7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen (2013) - 6,5/10

I'd give this a 7,5, but I saw it dubbed in my native language, so the songs weren't the original stuff. "Let it Go" had different lyrics (I have listened to the original on the internetz), with the title of "I am Free" (rough translation) and stuff...

Anyway, I watched it in 3D and was really surprised (in a good way)! Really great movie, if I had watched the original one in english I'd give it a 7,5 for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd part of hobbit

as book interpretation : disaster, bloody terrible
    as independent "artistic" creation: still pretty bad

2/10 , very dissapointed ;s

Rush - poped in links as similar after watching ayrton senna tribute, was positively supprised, great movie even if its a bit colorised (im sure it is ;p)

9/10

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    If the blokes at Top Gear are to be believed then there is a rivalry between F1 and Nascar. I personally don't care about either.
    well only in usa, handegg and nascar is pretty much irrelevant outside of it.
    Last edited by Bluesftw; 2014-01-05 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red 2 - 7 /10

Fun movie for what it set out to be. Bruce Willis.

Deleted
    Pain & Gain - 8/10.
    I knew I was going to love it within the first minute. The people next to us walked out during the movie. It was hillarious and crazy - I had no idea I was going to like it. Best movie I saw at the theater lately.

Riddick - 6/10.
    Pretty average movie. Less than Pitch Black, better than Chronicles oR, but not that much to go for an above average rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior - Absolutely loved it. Amazing film. If you haven't seen it, fix that. I wasn't really prepared for the unexpected feels. 8.5/10

Prisoners - Also very good. Really brought out a lot of Hugh Jackmans rarely seen raw talent. I have absolutely no problem with slow movies but this one dragged on a little for me and there really wasn't enough character development to justify it. They did a really good job keeping the suspense up for the most part but it died out a little when certain scenes ran on too long. This could have been a 90 minute movie in my opinion. Still quality stuff, though. 7.5/10
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The hurt locker
    10/10
    Saw it the first time a couple of years ago and decided to pick it up for another go.
    Fantastic movie about a bomb squad in Iraq. It's got both nerve-wrecking tension, alot of emotion and just enough comical relief. I rarely get emotional when watching movies but this one had me both grinning from ear to ear and on the verge of tears within it's 2 hours and 11 minutes, it never gets slow. Will definitely watch again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Rush - poped in links as similar after watching ayrton senna tribute, was positively supprised, great movie even if its a bit colorised (im sure it is ;p)

9/10
    Yes! Rush is fantastic!
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2014-01-05 at 02:13 AM. Reason: correction
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

12 Years a Slave - 8/10

Some calls it the "black people slavery"'s Schindler's List, which is probably true, even though I haven't seen Schindler's List. Dramatization of a historical event/sequence, based on the true story of Solomon Northrup. Quite a lot of big name actors pop up, which was interesting. A movie that attempts to really hit you about how awful this whole thing were by showing you the life of a slave, in an emotional and terrifying way that your school probably never managed. In that, it's quite an educational movie.

The movie felt sort of long, and had some scenes that really were just a bit too lenghty. And because it's a movie that concerns itself about the harsh reality we once lived in, it doesn't really instill hope or entertains as much as it tries to shock you or make you feel bad. Not a lot of excitement either. Just sadness. A bit like African Children Needing Help Ads if it was converted into a movie, same sadness and guilt, and then it somewhat passes. Some have said it will "haunt them for months or years", in which case it's a quite effective African Children Needing Help movie. It just doesn't stick as a story in the same way fiction can, in my opinion.

However, it is a great film, and if it touches and terrifies and shocks you more than me, then hooray (I guess?). Those who don't know history are damned to repeat it and all that.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-01-05 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Machete kills 10/10

pure awesomeness is all I can say

Hobbit Desolation of Smaug 10/10

well it was fascinating

50/50.

Right in the feels. 8/10. I wasn't crying. The restaurant down the street must have been chopping onions.

Catch me if you can - 8.1

A little long but great movie and awesome cast. Gotta love that smooth talking DiCaprio. Pretty funny too.

- - - Updated - - -

Analyze this - 7.5

Really great, full of laughs

I just got out of The Wolf of Wall Street.

3 out of 10.

It was a long, indulgent mess with mixed messaging and shallow script writing. I haven't seen a movie in years in need of such a heavy editing job as this one was.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I just got out of The Wolf of Wall Street.

3 out of 10.

It was a long, indulgent mess with mixed messaging and shallow script writing. I haven't seen a movie in years in need of such a heavy editing job as this one was.
    Heard it was supposed to be the movie with some of the best writing.

Lone Survivor.

9/10

Such an awesome movie, the most recent and decent "war" movie around. Also based in a true story, which I really in movies.