Divergent

8/10

It followed the book fairly close, my only problem was that other than Tris and Four, there was little to no character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salinui chueok [Memories of Murder] (2003):

First half: 8.5/10, very high caliber, perfectly shot and acted detective/serial killer story
    Second half, with the ending in relation to what happened in the real world: 10/10
    Overall: 9/10, if you like detective stories, this is an essential watch for you basically. South koreans sure know how to make resonating movies that will haunt you for a loooong time.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-03-30 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noah

9/10

Amazing, just amazing! Of course the movie is quite fantasy-like, with rock elementales, angels and such. But it is that rare case when, beyond the fantasy and religion, there is a lot of morality issues discussed in the movie. The characters are believable and memorable, the acting is incredible, music is very suitable... Definitely the best movie I've seen in the latest 2 years or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wolf of Wallstreet

10/10!

Just an amazing movie through and through. It was 3 hours long and I wasn't bored for 1 single second! Entertaining and fun from start to finish.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 9/10

Very quirky, thoroughly enjoyed this movie from start to end!

The Grand Budapest Hotel
    I loved it, the cinematography was spectacular and the story was wildly entertaining, it's between this and the LEGO Movie for best of the year. 9/10

I may start my full reviews back up with Captain America.

The legend of Hercules

Absolutely horrible movie. Terrible crossover between gladiator and 300. Don't recommend anyone watching this and I don't that very often.

2/10
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I want to see The Grand Budepest Hotel after seeing the trailer, but it might be difficult to find a good time, since I'm almost already going to the cinema once a week for the rest of the month.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

10/10

I was really impressed. Its my favourite superhero movie of all time, yes even above any of The Dark Knight movies. Marvel have finally done it. I'm sure many people simply don't like the Cap but give the movie a chance. Hes not some delusional patriot. The character is pure of heart and fights for freedom. Sadly some people think being a good guy without a dark brooding side is a bad thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Winter Solider. 8/10. I liked it, but some parts dragged, alot of it was needed though, lots of backstory, lots of new things for people to learn. Shit ton of easter eggs. Also my favorite marvel movie ,the action scenes were beautifully done. Pulp Fiction reference was a nice touch. And I can't wait for Scarlet Witch.

The Rape of Europa - 7/10

When Men of the Monuments was approaching release, I thought about seeing it, as the concept intrigued me: a movie about people who fought to save our cultural inheritance during World War II. As it released however, it wasn't received well. I saw a review that mentioned that "The Rape of Europa", a documentary that covered this plunder of art in World War II, was a better and more interesting look at the whole thing, so I put it on my watchlist, and now I've seen it. It was pretty good, and it gave me a new appreciation of our art treasures, and made me want to go for a Cultural Victory in Civilization V. The movie touched on the question "is a painting worth human lives?", which I thought was very interesting. If you have Netflix (US version) or any other means to watch it, I'd recommend doing so, it was pretty good.

Blue Jasmine - 7.5/10. A bit anticlimactic, and a bit too shallow in some areas, but that's all countered by the amazing acting that Cate Blanchett brings to the table.

Riddick - 4 /10. Loved the first 2 movies, but this simply felt forced and lame for the most part. Glad I didn't bother going to the theater for this one.

Silver Linings Playbook - 8.5/10. I don't think Cooper was the best pick for this role, and DeNiro's gametime superstition / gambling got rather annoying, but I did really enjoy this movie. J. Lawrence absolutely kills it, in a good way, much like she does in American Hustle.

The Way Way Back - 6/10. An entertaining coming-of-age movie.

Captain Phillips - 7/10. Good, but a bit longer than needed.

Dallas Buyers Club - 9/10. Superb acting tied to a great story.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2014-04-05 at 05:36 AM.

Deleted
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10

Amazing superhero movie. IMO the best super hero movie of all time. It had an engaging story, cool plot twists and lots of passion. The fight scenes in the movie were stellar, impactful and vicious (this comeing from a huge MMA nerd who usually hates fights in movies). I never liked Captain America, but after this movie I am a huge fan. It was more down to earth and less CGI driven which was a huge relief. I still can't get over the fact how good this movie turned out. Bravo Marvel!

The Lego Movie, 10/10

I think being a fan of and enjoying LEGO (And actually knowing quite a bit about the sets from various catalogs I had a kid. Hell, I always make a point of checking out LEGO sets in store these days, even if I usually can't justify the cost versus my available income(Even tho I really do want a turtle van TMNT set....)) really helps, as there were lots of little things I noticed that might fly over the ordinary persons head.

I did notice in the screening I was at that nobody seemed to laugh quite as much as me, oh well. *shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

captain america , errr not sure maybe 6/10
    DIdnt satisfy me as much as i hoped, if scarlett wasnt in it i would of been bored very quickly (although samual l jackson was the main reason i enjoyed the movie over scarlett), sad but true.
    I dont mind them but im not fond of the whole captain america thing anyway, never was as interested in this super hero as much as the others, the whole 'ooohhhh yeeaaa captain america here to save the day' patriotic shit is just too cheesy for me as a story line.

Just gotta say though and add to my post, ill pay to watch any marvel movie regardless of which super hero it is and which ones i like or dislike.
    In my opinion marvel movies are doing it right no questions asked.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2014-04-05 at 02:13 PM.

Noah - 8/10
    Absolutely beautiful visuals, and a very interesting take on the biblical myth of Noah's Ark. It's a sort of post-apocalypse fantasy story, and the movie definitely creates a really cool world. It's pretty grim too, and makes you ponder some uncomfortable thoughts about the cleansing of the world. It's really sad that religious people are so up in arms and bringing the IMDb score down, potentially making people not see it because it doesn't follow the pretty vague Bible-version. It's pretty epic, as in large-scale (which is what epic should always mean when talking about stories). It is the end of the world, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ride Along 7/10
    Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, Quite funny movie about a boyfriend of a cops sister wanting to become a copper and the brother takes him out to show him what it is like
    Last edited by Zippoflames; 2014-04-06 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 8/10

Was a very solid movie.
    This actually .... I liked The Winter Soldier more then I did with the first film and I dislike Captain America

10+ Year Old Account
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier. 8.5/10. A little to political driven for me, but makes you think. Was better than the first, imo. And I am curious to see if they follow up on the Winter Soldier, not as an enemy, but to see if he comes around to Cap. And stay for the credits, as usual the powers that be at Marvel throw in some extra litlle scenes. Can't wait.

A Wolf on Wallstreet - 4/10 - A 3hr long winded boring movie that barely goes anywhere, with minimal character development, and a plot that can be summarized in 10 seconds. If you want to watch a good drama about Wallstreet go with, "Margin Call," or "Boiler Room."

Captain America - 9/10 - A very pleasant surprise and nice addition to the Disney/Marvel movies. It has top notch action, solid plot, and nice one liners.
    As a reference, this is what I rated the other Marvel Movies:

Iron Man 1 - 10/10
    Cap America 1 - 7/10
    Thor 1 - 5/10
    Avengers - 9/10
    Iron Man 2 - 5/10
    Iron Man 3 - 6.5/10
    Thor 2 - 3/10