The Last Jedi
    10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017) - 9/10

I don't wanna spoil anything or say anything really. However, I will spoiler tag this one thing, which isn't a spoiler, so if you don't care about getting colored a bit, here you go:

Anybody who says this movie is obvious or predictable are probably lying.
    I think the main reason people hate this movie is because of
    Luke & Snoke dying and potential Reylo romance.
    Massive Spoiler Above
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Crazy how divisive The Last Jedi has turned out to be.

Assassins Creed - 3/10. Fun action sequences, hilariously bad and hole-riddled plotline, as well as complete mis-use of Michael Williams, who's a far better actor than this movie deserves. The wonky editing doesn't help matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justice League - 5/10

Not bad as a starter movie to introduce some heroes and get the ball rolling, but very slow at times and dull at the start.

I found it very stupid how Superman was a bag of shite in Batman vs Superman and suddenly in this one he's overpowered as hell. The Flash was portrayed quite badly too imo, bit of an idiot and trying to bring humour at the wrong places and someone that can't fight for shite. Grant Gustin is a far superior flash, only thing he lacks is bulk/muscle. Also not to mention Superman being faster than Flash? You having me on lad? Flash can make Superman look like he's standing still he's that much faster.

The Last Jedi - 10/10

The best Star Wars movie.

Star Wars: the Last Fail
    1/10
    Bombs falling down in space
    What the feth

The Boondock Saints (1999) - 10/10

Holy hell, I can't believe that I missed this movie and it was by pure chance that I even wanted to see it. It turned out to be so enjoyable, at the end of the movie I was completely blown away. And the scenes have been stuck in my head for the past 2 days.
    I never expected to see a more hilarious gangster movie than Guy Richie's works, but here I am. I loved every minute of it, especially Williem Defoe's performance, he's completely insane in this movie.

For anyone who enjoyed Snatch or similar movies, I think you're gonna love this one too. It's just pure fun.

The only nitpick I have is that they could've easily added 10-15 minutes of character backgrounds and it would probably be as fun as the rest of the movie. But it wasn't necessary in order for me to be invested in the hilarity of these characters.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-12-17 at 05:23 PM.

The Last Jedi -- 9/10

I'll keep this brief and avoid spoilers. A lot of great star wars moments in the movie. A few things definitely surprised me (most in a good way).

For those with kids, my 7 year old loved it. A couple small kisses in the movie drew some "ewww gross" reactions. Otherwise his review was simply "awesome."

I don't go into a Star Wars movie (or super hero movie, or star trek, or just about any movie aside from a documentary) expecting everything to obey the known laws of physics. To me that's simply part of the story-telling/fantasy.

Edit: deducted one point because the film does run quite long.

Deleted
    Last jedi - 2/10

Visually stunning.

Otherwise a pile of steaming shite.

I can only assume the writers brief was "take all you know about star wars, all the plot points carried over from teh previous film, and shit all over it as much as you can.....oh, and fit in as many stupid creatures as you can for merchandising"...

Edit - originally gave it a 4/10, could not even feel happy with that, and had to deduct 2 points for my continuing feelings of absolute disgust at that film.
    Last edited by mmoc37d54b0df8; 2017-12-18 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Jedi. 7/10. Like most people here I share that rather divisive opinion that it wasn't shit, but it should have been better.

For me they just needed to cut out a good 30 minutes, and most of you who have seen it will probably agree which 30 minutes, and it would have been a far tighter movie. It was very competent, stunning to look at, great acting, good direction... It just felt structurally off because of that extra 30 minutes that shouldn't be there.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 8/10

A bit corny in parts, and bloated, but it was an epic experience that swept me away and managed to subvert my expectations. I loved how they continued Kylo and Rey's stories and the struggles they dealt with in the film and I like what they're doing with Poe too. Good stuff. I want to watch it again.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - 2,5/10

The movie is just 2+ hours of buffoonery and lame scenes which are obviously aimed at inducing nostalgia. Add the complete lack of plot, overwhelming stupidity everywhere, First Order officers looking like f*ts and bad CGI. Add the black and Asian actors in the cast. Add a protagonist who is an incarnation of a 19th century racist stereotype of a cowardly black servant.

There is so many pathetically stupid scenes that I cannot even choose one.

+0,5 for a couple of impressive scenes and Marc Hamill who is even more handsome in his age.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - 7/10

Entertaining, nice effects, awesome fight scene with the red guys, terrible plot drive. You need to heavily suspend your disbelief...

Grandma doing space walk without suit??
    Bombs falling in space??
    Luke evaporates into thin air??
    That turtle chase scene (18 hours until they run out of gas instead of just blow them up right there??)
    Also Kylo doing tantrums in the end...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last Jedi - 5/10

Huge let down.

I will need to watch it again however, with low expectations.

Deleted
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 7/10

Decent movie but not good enough.
    My main complaint is that the entire movie feels like a big filler.
    It doesnt feel good as a stand alone movie on it's own.
    Nothing seemed important in this movie, everyone was on a "side quest"...and most of the times it was a dull side quest.

I dont know, the entire movie felt like a big filler.

I still had fun watching it. It was a decent movie for sure, i even got emotional on some parts. It just needed a little bit more life to it and meaningful moments to be a masterpiece.

Deleted
    The Last Jedi 8/10

- Fresh
    - Controversial
    - Not Expected
    - Incredible Cinematography

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 8 / 10

Enjoyed it. It went a number of directions that I didn't expect but none of them were even close to what I would call a bad choice. I enjoyed the way some of the changes were no where near what SW fans thought it would be after all this time. I love how Ren evolved and changed as well as Rei.

I particularly liked how the end let us know you don't have to be a Skywalker or a Kenobi or some other pure blood'ish nonsense / great lineage to make a change in the world/universe. You might just start out as a no body with a broom and do wonders.

Well worth the watch.

Well, I had a problem with this Last Jedi (5/10).

In the Force Awakens, we have Rey, who knows how to fly the Millenium Falcon so well that she can out-fly experienced fighters...then we have her so skilled in light sabre fighting that she takes out one of the big bads of the Sith.
    Now, the term "Mary-Sue" was tossed about frequently in criticism of that movie, and I rebutted that we need to see the 2nd movie to see what's up. So now I ask WTF?
    And the big reveal of her parents was...nothing.

Hey, I get that the message was "throw out the past," but I expected something of substance in all this...2.5 hour endurance slog. Oh, yeah, there were a few good moments, but that's all there was.
    The movie, "Rogue One" showed they can get down and dirty and make a good movie.
    But "The Last Jedi" wasn't a good movie to me. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high, but I thought it was reasonable.

All that CGI masked a mediocre script. I wanted something spectacular, but what I saw...was nothing more than a spectacle instead.

Mudbound (2017) - 5/10

A Netflix movie about some black and white farmers in Mississippi during/after WWII, which is getting some awards buzz. Racial prejudice and injustice ensues. The movie had some neat moments, a somewhat interesting setting and one scene that really made me angry (in a good way), but I was personally kind of bored for good portions of the movie, and not very engaged at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    The Boondock Saints (1999) - 10/10

Holy hell, I can't believe that I missed this movie and it was by pure chance that I even wanted to see it. It turned out to be so enjoyable, at the end of the movie I was completely blown away. And the scenes have been stuck in my head for the past 2 days.
    I never expected to see a more hilarious gangster movie than Guy Richie's works, but here I am. I loved every minute of it, especially Williem Defoe's performance, he's completely insane in this movie.

For anyone who enjoyed Snatch or similar movies, I think you're gonna love this one too. It's just pure fun.

The only nitpick I have is that they could've easily added 10-15 minutes of character backgrounds and it would probably be as fun as the rest of the movie. But it wasn't necessary in order for me to be invested in the hilarity of these characters.
    Tobad part 2 isnt that good.
    Maybe try Dobermann with Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci, its a crazy fun ride.
    If you like Snatch maybe try the old danish Pusher movies (not the remake) and In China they eat Dogs 1 and 2 ( young Mads Mikkelsen <3 )

Very good picture as Blueray.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-18 at 09:38 PM.