10+ Year Old Account
    The Deer Hunter - 3/10.

I can't believe I was forced to watch this garbage at a friends house. It's easily one of the most pretentious and boring films (along with Avatar) I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    The Deer Hunter - 3/10.

I can't believe I was forced to watch this garbage at a friends house. It's easily one of the most pretentious and boring films (along with Avatar) I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.
    Some people have just incredibly bad taste, and that's ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pacific Rim:Uprising
    7/10
    I enjoyed the movie overall. I do agree that the film did lack alot of kaiju vs mech action but the final fight at the end was pretty awesome so I forgave them. The interactions between Boyega and the rest of the cast were either really bad or cute/mildly funny. All that said it did fall short of the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pacific Rim: Uprising
    7/10
    Really good movie and kept me entertained, final fight was pretty good but as mentioned above didn't have as much action as the first one. Disagree with Boyega and the rest of the cast being bad, I quite enjoyed the interaction. Good film and worth watching, not as good as the first though I will agree.

Pacific Rim Uprising - 4/10 (bad)

I am a diehard fan of the original 2013 Pacific Rim by Guillermo del Toro; it was a short, fun action movie with heart. The only unnecessary scene in it was the training scene with Raleigh and Mako, otherwise it was 9/10 great! The soundtrack was great, and the stories centered around the secondary characters Pentacost and Hansen were compelling. Even the side characters like the Weis and the Kaidanovskys were memorable. Here, aside from Hermann, Lambert, and Jake, all of the characters here are forgettable. Amara wasn't just disappointing, but actively annoying. The movie doesn't dive into the themes of the original, or indeed, seem to have themes of it's own; it's just a sequel to an action film. I had suspected that this might happen when Guillermo del Toro announced that he would be handing off the reins to another director.

Beasts of no nation - 5/10

A rather by the numbers war torn/civil war piece where you can pretty much guess every scene thats gonna be in it and doesnt really offer anything new or interesting on the rather heavy subject matter. Idris Elda and some of the kids are great performances but the situations are set up as such it lacks real emotional weight behind it that it should have

Pacific Rim; Uprising 6.5/10

Not as good as the first by any means. (but the first movie was a pleasant surprise)
    But I got what I expected...basically giant robots fighting...all over. So I was entertained.

7+ Year Old Account
    Game Over, Man! (2018) - 7/10

Ridiculous comedy, ridiculously stupid at times, but there were several laugh out loud moments for me. The production value is solid. The acting was fine. The story was laughably absurd. Maybe I was just in the right mood for this type of flick when I decided to watch it: I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but, I enjoyed it. *shrug*

If you like explosions, you'll probably like this movie for that aspect alone.

Fate of the Furious - 3/10: Missed the first half hour or so, but I doubt I missed much. Every single person in this movie is a far better actor than they portray, and this is largely due to the 'appeal to the tween car fan' abysmal scripting, nevermind the action sequences that are so ignorant of physics, you might as well be watching a 3rd rate cartoon. Granted, I realize absurdity is a trademark of this particular brand, but this one just gets ridiculous.

I'm clearly the not the intended audience (and love car stuff). I did sit through it, partially just to see how much more absurd it would all get, so it's got that going for it. Entertaining if you're high or buzzed as shit while watching, otherwise it's MST2k levels of bad.

If you want to see truly cool car shit, watch the McLaren movie on Netflix instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Molly's Game (2017) - 7/10

Over all a solid movie: decent story, solid acting. My only negative criticism is that some of the preachy parts seemed a bit out of character with the rest of the movie.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-03-28 at 01:12 AM.

Ready Player One.

7/10

Some gamer- lingo/references/mechanics that probably will not make sense to the non-gaming viewers though.

Also some 80's references that may be lost to younger people not familiar with 80's pop-culture.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2018-03-28 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the Money in the World (2017): 6/10

Plummer made the movie. Without him this would have been a sorry mess. Ridley Scott is just unable to do a movie anymore that isn't over 50% filler, there's so many unnecessary scenes that should have been cut at the editing room. I have no idea why they wanted to make the runtime over 2 hours long.

Ready Player One (2018) - 7-8/10 (B-B+)

Haven't decided yet whether it's a high 7 or low 8. It's a fun, old-school/classic adventure movie. The trailers and recent discussion of the book made it seem like it is Pop Culture References: The Movie, and it's really not. Sure, there's references to stuff both new and old, but the movie is primarily Spielberg doing a throwback to the adventure films he was the master of back in the 80's. With some similarities to the style of The LEGO Movie and setting of Wreck-It Ralph.

The adventure stuff is great, and maybe being a nice adventure movie is good enough. It certainly seemed to be back in the 80's. But I was expecting a deeper exploration of the theme of escapism, which was mentioned and lightly touched on, but it was more of a minor theme compared to the more standard "friendship is magic" theme. As an extension of that, I wanted to see more of the real world, maybe something on how things were looking on a global scale instead of just this one city.

7+ Year Old Account
    What Happened to Monday (2017) - 7/10

A decent story though nothing overly exceptional.

Solid acting. Noomi Rapace does a great job in her various roles.

watched Atomic Blonde on HBO, would give it a solid 7/10.

spy film that imo manages to capture the middle ground of suave and sexiness of 007 with the action packed Bourne series. loved the use of color the dark and drab greens, blues and blacks highlighted by the often use of neon's/neon pink. Also something that I do not usually pay attention to I loved the costume design and use of music through out the movie. also kudos to Charlize Theron, i didn't think she would have the chops to pull it off but she was pretty good, with a great supporting cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pacific Rim Uprising: 5 ~ 10 Mediocre.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

15+ Year Old Account
    Titan: 6/10

The premise is interesting, but the science and everything related to that is so god damn bollocks it was quite hard to watch. Nevertheless it was ok due to having a great cast and production value. However with that cast and budget they could have actually made a great movie.

Annihilation: 3/10

This was just bullshit. I can't find anything good to say about the movie really.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I have some free time this week to watch some movies. Unfortunately, the streaming site I liked went down, so now I don't know the latest HD popular movies. And I can't remember popular movies from 3-8 months ago that would finally have an HD version that I should be looking to watch.

I guess I'll try to look at some of the recommendations you guys made, again, even though I feel like I watched all the good ones from it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I have some free time this week to watch some movies. Unfortunately, the streaming site I liked went down, so now I don't know the latest HD popular movies. And I can't remember popular movies from 3-8 months ago that would finally have an HD version that I should be looking to watch.

I guess I'll try to look at some of the recommendations you guys made, again, even though I feel like I watched all the good ones from it...
    Use this customizable chart for recs, it's honestly pretty decent to find new stuff.

https://rateyourmusic.com/films/chart

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Black Panther - 8/10 - Not perfect, could have been even better, but an excellent movie none-the-less.

Ready Player One - 9/10 - A whole lot of fun for YA movie. So very many references to 80s, 90s, 00s video games and movies done in clever ways. Good acting considering what they were given, reasonable character arks, and plenty of action.