10+ Year Old Account
    Beastie Boys Story: 9/10 Makes you miss Yauch. Funny, informative, and moving, but only two hours long. Wonderful coverage from the first half of their career, but severely lacking for the second half. Severely. Needed at least another hour. So much going for it... could've been perfect viewing. Please, sir, I want some more.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

It comes at night
    6.5 / 10

Extraction(2020) The fight choreo was actually really satisfying and visceral, the action scenes were great for the most part but the ending fight was pretty silly. Overall a solid fun action movie... 7.5/10 I guess? I don't really have a good movie rating scale but it was good enough that I'd watch it again

Velocipastor - 6/10 It had it's funny moments, can't really say much more about it.

Iron Sky - 7/10 Enjoyed it more than Velocipastor, watched them back to back last week. It's an interesting yet hilarious plot, but it never takes itself seriously, which is a good thing.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Knives Out - 6/10. Not bad, I'll probably watch it again.

Someone recommended The Crazies (2010) as "a horror movie where the main character(s) aren't stupid". I agree this movie fits that category.

I have a personal bias toward liking the horror genre, so I was content watching it. Of course, my rating is unbiased (don't @ me) so...

The story is a'ight. It's basically a zombie movie so...how much originality can there be.

The plot moves at a perfect pace and it feels like each scene was allocated the appropriate amount of time and spacing of "thrills". It was actually really balanced.

But the movie is kind of predictable. And there are quite a few parts where it's a bit unbelievable where the characters are lucky or its like "how tf were they not noticed"?

I'll give it a 4/10. You can guess exactly how it's going to end, how characters are going to behave but it's very clean.

Bloodsport: 5/10 Incredible, I know, the movie that launched Van-Damme's career and is arguably his most popular. I just saw it today for the first time and got to say, I was underwhelmed. It's not even good as The Quest, a Van-Damme tournament movie that isn't considered as good as this one. The fight choreography isn't even as impressive as in The Quest, and Van-Damme's acting, as well as everyone else's in the movie is low even for the typical kung fu/martial arts movie. He was much more seasoned in The Quest acting-wise, and the fight choreography in that movie was better, too.

Killer Sofa. Everything you want in a low budget B horror movie including a shower scene. Died laughing when the chair leaned in around a doorway. 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Extraction: 7.5/10 Reasonably satisfying. Awarding a bonus point for some inventive camera work that followed the action well, and for the effort put into the violence in what should've otherwise been a flick that was just kinda OK.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

the platform 8/10 - a really good film, reminded me of the first cube movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Look Away
    5/10

A movie with a good premise but feels unexplored. acting is good and I even love the mood the movie gives off, but no one comes across as likable and while I loved the ending, the rest of the movie just feels empty, there's no real grip onto this movie outside of the main actress. No one outside of the main character is likable... Once again I feel this could have been a good story, the lead up takes time, but when to gets to the point of the movie its just felt very rushed.

When I see movies like this I think of other movies like Ginger Snaps and Jennifer's Body which did it better, both of which were better paced too.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-04-28 at 10:13 PM.

The Lodge 6/10

Pretty sleek horror movie. Starts out very strong, ends pretty weak. Great acting and cinematography, but there isn't much underneath the surface. Unless I missed some profound allegory, it was just an interesting premise idea and nothing more so they figured they'd just leave it open-ended and call it art.

Extraction 6/10

A fun romp but took it's self too seriously at times.

Extraction 1/10 The fighting scenes was well made, so that's the one point this movie gets, cause everything else about it is braindead. It's one of those movies where I truly felt I wasted my time and regretted seeing it.

Saw Contact (1997) on desktop because someone I know brings that movie up all the time plus it was referenced in Family Guy.

It's a well done 90s movie. The story concept is interesting. The plot is fine. I thought the romantic element was sort of realistic, actually. As in the main characters are close but not like in each other's faces always, they still keep reasonable distance given their life circumstances, whereas other movies would magically be together always or some nonsense. It's clear that they still have their own lives, relatively, and are still stick to their own professions/beliefs. The theme is fine.

Cinematography is very 90s, a lot of slow scenes staring at people's facial expressions. It's like a 2h15m movie. Honestly I don't think there's any scene that drags on or is too long so I'd say to cut time they just have to be a bit more discplined, maybe 10-15 less minutes.

I'll be generous and give it a 6.25/10 compared to itself. Could be cut better, and some of the science scenes are dramatized a bit much.

If it were to be scaled against other movies I'd still give it a good 2.75/10.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge: 10/10

Bought this at Target on Blu-ray last night, watched it and holy shit is this the perfect Mortal Kombat movie, and not just because the movie is Rated R and the violence is gratuitous and over the top, but the story and characters are all emotionally-engaging and well-developed. Obviously, the story centers around the titular character, Scorpion, fleshing out his backstory, life and principles without bogging down the movie with too much exposition. The story movies on at a perfect pace, fleshing out the other main characters, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sonya Blade, spending just enough time developing each so you care about them as much as Scorpion without them stealing the spotlight away from Scorpion. This is a must-have for any MK fan and the definitive version of a good Mortal Kombat animated full-length movie so far.

Last movie I saw worth mentioning

The Lodge 7/10

Solid horror/thriller enjoy that type off stuff check it out.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Extraction 7/10

Hemsworth is watchable as ever and its got some damn John Wick action scenes going on constantly. Unexpected Treat

Hellraiser 8/10
    Hellbound: Hellraiser II 7.5/10
    Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth 6/10
    Hellraiser: Bloodline 7.5/10
    Hellraiser: Inferno 5/10
    Hellraiser: Hellseeker 2/10