10+ Year Old Account
    Soul - 8/10

Its a great movie with a great message (for the most part). Great voice acting, great animation, great music. Pixar has put out two great movies this year.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 9.5/10 : Watched in context of when it was created, this is a simply superb piece of cinema. Everyone in this does an absolutely fantastic job, and the story is just heart wrenching.

If you've never seen this, you owe it to yourself to do so.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Soul - 10/10 Unique and captivating at the same time. All around great put together.

WonderWoman - 5/10 Predictable and cheesy, has its moments but takes forever to get to them. The great acting carries it hard.

Skylines - 2/10 Weird confusing mess from start to finish. So convoluted, cheap and cheesy it almost becomes good if only you were able to follow the plot and keep watching.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I watched like the first 5 minutes of Tenet. Streamed, obviously. I was very curious about it since it was like the first big budget movie to come out during COVID or w/e and was supposed to be an indicator of how the movie industry was gonna do (this was like months ago that I read that though).

Movie was boring. I couldn't be interested in the random action sequence that started. Felt kind of pretentious to me, to be honest. I don't remember seeing great ratings of it here so I think I'm gonna cross it off my list and not bother giving it another try.

Shadow in the Cloud 5/10

Pretty good satire of feminism and epic romance all in one. The only thing missing from this movie is Nicolas Cage.

I'd give the music alone a solid 10/10 though, so good.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WW84 2/10

The mental gymnastics involved in trying to justify any aspect of this movie being even partly decent are astounding.

I saw 140 newly released films in 2020. Missed a lot more films I would have seen in previous years due to the pandemic and inaccessibility to me in the US.

Here is what I rated all 140 newly released films I saw in 2020:

Small Axe: Lover's Rock 10
    Kajillionaire 9
    On The Rocks 9
    Sound of Metal 9
    I'm Thinking of Ending Things 8
    Never Rarely Sometimes Maybe 8
    One Night in Miami 8
    Small Axe: Mangrove 8
    I'm No Longer Here 7
    Banana Split 7
    Da 5 Bloods 7
    Lingua Franca 7
    Promising Young Woman 7
    The Trial of the Chicago Seven 7
    Tigertail 7
    Small Axe: Alex Wheatle 7
    Small Axe: Red, White and Blue 7
    Bad Education 6
    First Cow 6
    I'm Your Woman 6
    Judy & Punch 6
    Miss Juneteenth 6
    Palm Springs 6
    Small Axe: Education 6
    The Nest 6
    Cuties 5
    Invisible Man, The 5
    All Day and a Night 5
    Bad Hair 5
    Charm City Kings 5
    Mank 5
    Run 5
    She Dies Tomorrow 5
    The Devil All the Time 5
    The True History of the Kelly Gang 5
    The Vast of Night 5
    Totally Under Control 5
    Welcome to Chechnya 5
    Fat Man 4
    Soul 4
    The High Note 4
    The King of Staten Island 4
    Yes, God, Yes 4
    Borat: Subsequent Movie Film 4
    Circus of Books 4
    David Byrne's American Utopia 4
    Endings, Beginings 4
    Extraction 4
    Swallow 4
    The Truth 4
    We Summon The Darkness 4
    Wild Mountain Thyme 4
    Let Them All Talk 3
    American Pickle 3
    Antebellum 3
    Beastie Boys Story 3
    Bill & Ted Face the Music 3
    Les Miserables 3
    Photograph, The 3
    Possessor 3
    Tenet 3
    Tesla 3
    The Lovebirds 3
    The Old Guard 3
    The Rental 3
    Unpregnant 3
    Wasp Network 3
    A Secret Love 2
    Emma 2
    Greed 2
    Lost Girls 2
    Ma Rainey's Black Bottom 2
    Midnight Sky 2
    Military Wives 2
    Onward 2
    Peninsula 2
    Platform, The 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Superman: Red Son 2
    The Call of the Wild 2
    The Outpost 2
    The Prom 2
    The Secret Garden 2
    The Witches 2
    Weathering With You 2
    You Should Have Left 2
    Bad Boys 4 Life 1
    News of the World 1
    Beneath Us 1
    Burden 1
    Clemency 0
    Disclosure 1
    Enola Holmes 1
    Freaky 1
    Gentlemen, The 1
    Greyhound 1
    Hillbilly Elegy 0
    Horse Girl 1
    Hunt, The 1
    Misbehaviour 1
    Mulan 1
    Radioactive 1
    Rhythm Section, The 1
    Summerland 1
    The Boys in the Band 1
    The Go-Go's 1
    The Quarry 0
    The Trip to Greece 1
    Unhinged 0
    Valley Girl 1
    Way Back, The 1
    Wonder Woman 1984 0
    Artemis Fowl 0
    Birds of Prey 0
    Bloodshot 0
    Body Cam 0
    Brahms: The Boy 2 0
    Capone 0
    Coffee & Kareem 0
    Dolittle 0
    Downhill 0
    Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga 0
    Fantasy Island 0
    Gretel and Hansel 0
    Grudge, The 0
    Honest Thief 0
    Impractical Jokers: The Movie 0
    Let Him Go 0
    Like a Boss 0
    Mucho Mucho Amor 0
    Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson, The 0
    My Spy 0
    Rebecca 0
    Songbird 0
    The Craft: Legacy 0
    The War with Grandpa 0
    The Wrong Missy 0
    Trolls World Tour 0
    Turning, The 0
    Underwater 0

Little Women (2019) - 8/10

As a 28-year-old male, I doubt I was the target demographic for this. Nonetheless, this was just a very enjoyable movie. Very well shot and directed by Greta Gerwig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brooklyn's Finest (2009) - 7/10

A lot of talent in this movie. Decent story; nothing really that made me think "oh wtf!". Worth the two hours to watch it on a quiet afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul: 8.5/10

Very good, almost on the same level as Up but still nowhere near the heights of old Disney.

7+ Year Old Account
    I saw Archenemy, i was a solid 7.0, good premise, good start, but i think it didn't end that good, it could go better, maybe if it was longer to explain/explore more

Babylon 5 - In the Beginning 9/10

As I'm currently watching all of Babylon 5 for the first time, this was just brilliant, the intricate way it connects with many important events in the series (watch right after season 4, ep 9).

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys vs Dinosaurs: 1/10 Ew, I liked it better when it was The Valley of Gwangi. Ray Harryhausen > TV CGI all day. Bonus point for Heather Foote being a bit chonky in a bikini. And jeans shorts. I dig it.

Underwater: 4/10 It was OK. Not good. Not bad. I didn't hate it. Characters barely had traits. Lots of yelling and dark. Creature designs were decent when you could make them out. Could've used some Cthulhu tentacle reipu to really spice things up. Point deducted for having many shots of Kristen Stewart in various tops with panties, but hardly any with Jessica Henwick. Oh, and stop putting T.J. Miller in things.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

News of the World - 8/10

Avengers: End Game 6/10 and going down the more a think about it.

The last movie I watched was Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple. A great movie if you've seen the beginning of the story in anime. 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Rocket Man 8/10

I am not a big Elton John fan and also don't like movies were people burst out in song and dance randomly, but honestly this biographic picture is so well done, the acting is so well done, the full honest truth of how he came to be and what he went true even if parts are exaggerated for entertainment value.

Honestly it's on Netflix in my region, simply watch it if you want a good enjoyable music, if you really hate Elton John and just about any song than pass it if you like music and biographies in general do yourself a favour and watch it.

Vice 7.5/10

It's hard to know what's real and what isn't in these biographic pictures, this one is about Dick Cheney. Rather relevant to the time spirit i would say, it's well acted Bale never lets you down, yet another movie you'll want to see if politics interests you. It sort of highlights key moments where it all went wrong on the conservative side.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Tenet was okay. 5/10.

My problem with the movie was:

• 1. the pacing. It never gives you a moment to breathe. Every shot lasts 3-4 seconds and stuff is always happening. It's exhausting to watch the movie.
    • 2. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of talking. I feel like Nolan would be better served writing novels than making these into films.
    • 3. Pointlessly obfuscating what's going on. What was the operation at the beginning of the film? Was David CIA? FBI? Navy Seals? Don't know. Why were they trying to get the guy at the opera house? Don't know. Who was the army they were fighting at the end? Don't know. Why did Robert Pattison say he was going to die near the beginning of the film? Don't know. Why did the other guy on the splinter team tell everyone to kill themselves at the end? If he promised to hunt down David, but David lives to keep going back in time to eventually recruit Pattinson, then did David kill the other guy? Don't know. I'm not talking about "setting something up to pay it off later"; I'm talking about straight up not explaining to the audience basic things.
    • 4. ^ also doesn't help that the sound mixing is such that I could hardly understand what people were saying half the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its an incredibly high concept film like much of Nolans work but it doesnt really offer anything else outside of that concept. And the concept itself isnt as clever as it thinks it is and is given away pretty much instantly at the start of the film. I mean theres a lot to break down here, you could watch this film dozens of times and still not fully grasp it. But man, where is the heart like in interstella. Or the interesting action set pieces like in inception. Also films of his with high concepts but at least they were fun to watch and follow. The big action set pieces in this looked like high school rehearsals because of the nature of the concept of time manipulation
    Agreed.

Inception at least had expressive, endearing characters to hang out with (except for the protagonist, who was really dull). Interstellar at least had the wisecracking robots bouncing off of the protagonist, and the protagonist had a very compelling story of trying to save his family.

Tenet didn't really have any compelling characters going for it. They're rather dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside the Wire: 5/10 Mediocre sci-fi military robo Training Day, with Mackie as a captain who says he can do this all day.

The King of Staten Island: 7/10 Had this on my radar, but never got around to sitting down for a watch. It's an Apatow movie, so it can be funny and sweet, while also feeling overly long and aimless -- even though 40-odd minutes were trimmed? Most of the cast is pretty good. Burr's solid. Tomei's still hot. Pete Davdison looks like Fredric March's Mr. Hyde. The ending felt a bit abrupt, but I mostly enjoyed it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Bone Collector: 7/10 Watched it while crafting some stuff in WoW. Very entertaining thriller. Minus points for making it too obvious who the "mysterious bad guy" is and the final confrontation.