7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Encanto - 9/10

A fun movie from Disney animation. If you like Disney movies it is a must watch.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999)

10/10

This movie is probably the chillest hitman movie I've ever seen. Like it's pretty violent but there are also a lot of slow, contemplative scenes of samurai philosophy and Wu-Tang beats (RZA's score is phenomenal). There is also a lot of symbolism and subtext if you're willing to take a slightly deeper dive into it. Definitely not a movie for everyone but it checks a lot of my boxes.

Don't Look Up - 8 / 10 - Good Little movie with a deep meaning that will be lost on many. They'll be more than happy just to be on their phones and Tik-Tok.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't look up, (6/10) interesting to see human stupidity but I'd like to think a retarded version of former Apple ceo wouldn't be put into control..

Ron's gone wrong (0/10) every east european stereotype, trope n racist meme crammed into that Slavic granma, anything you could think of, they did. Whoever did this, if they had portrayed Canadians there would be a moose in the backyard n the fence made out of hockeysticks n if it portrayed Mexicans there would be a small corn field n taco truck parked in the driveway..interesting that Disney never did change their behavior they only stopped against some groups n then continued on business as usual. This a kid's movie?..

Star Wars ep.01-03 (1/10) and that is for the music, I can't think of anything else good to say about that sad trilogy..

Seal team (0/10) we saw only half, never laughed once, couldn't finish it...

Encanto (1/10) that is for the animation, everything else was sheit
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-02 at 09:55 PM.

Matrix Resurrections 4/10

Them: Here’s a big bowl of Matrix flavoured nostalgia for you to dig into! Enjoy!
    Me: Ok.
    Later…….
    Me: It was kind of bland, there was too much of it and didn’t have enough Christina Ricci. I am looking forward to the Catrix though. Dougie Houser was a decent villain but he was a better villain in Harold and Kumar.

Harry Potter 1-8. 6/10.

More overtly a Wizards Punching Nazis movie than Star Wars but at least it’s first and last episodes weren’t awful. Pick any 5 of your favourite British/Irish/Scottish character actors and odds are they’re in it. They should’ve got Terry Gilliam to direct at least one of them.

I still would’ve preferred a Books of Magic series. Tim >> Harry.

Palm Springs with Andy Samberg & Cristin Milioti 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghosterbusters Afterlife - 10/10

For what it is and not having Harold Ramis there to write/direct, it was far better than it should have been. There's also a mid-credit scene and a post-credit scene, so don't miss them.

Stillwater - 6/10

Eh, it passed the time.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Ghostbusters Afterlife 8/10
    Not a bad movie. Kind of felt like the real ghostbusters cartoon with the story and atmosphere.

Crisis 8/10
    Decent acting and story about the opioid crisis. Gary Oldman's acting was great as usual. The other actors were decent.

The Last Duel 8/10
    Ben Affleck's acting was so good I did not recognize him at first. A really good cast of actors and actresses acted really well. Cool battle scenes.

Cry Macho 8/10
    A heartwarming movie about an old cowboy and a young boy trying to get to his father from Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Time To Die: 7/10 It was OK. Solid, if lacking in surprises. Third best Craig-Bond film? Ana de Armas was fun. I thought the Nomi character would annoy me, but she wasn't bad. Malek felt more like a henchman than a main villain, but it's fine. Bonus point for the sexy DB5 and Vantage.

Wait... I guess I was surprised by how the movie gave SPECTRE the middle finger and slaughtered them all?

The Frozen Ground: 6/10 An OK dramatization of some fucked up reality. Could've done without an unnecessary subplot, but them's the breaks. I should probably stop watching movies about kidnapping, rape, and murder, or Netflix's algorithm might get the wrong idea...

Wind River: 6/10 Interesting story based on some sobering statistics, with some solid performances. Felt like it was missing that little something extra. I should probably stop watching movies about rape and murder, or Netflix's algorithm might get the wrong idea... At least there was no kidnapping this time!
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2022-01-05 at 09:40 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I tend to watch same movies more than once, most of movies I've seen I watched them several times already, I simply fall in love with story or music. My couple recent movies.

Dune: 10/10
    Matrix Four: 9/10

Good thing is that I don't really read nor I ever watch any movie reviews before starting watching a new movie, so there isn't any preconceived notions or edgelord/sheep agenda about to ruin my fun. Fuck those guys, nobody is screwing up with my time

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 6.5/10 - had some heart to it, didn't feel like a worthless cash grab, kids were mostly not too annoying, still can't warm to Rudd, effects weren't too bad, chuckled a bunch of times. Might watch again in a decade.

Prisoners of the Ghostland 5/10

Ok, the scenery chewing Nic Cage is back. This time with trippy visuals. Not as exciting as it sounds.

Nomadland 6/10

An interesting look at a sub culture that I wasn't previously familiar with. It might be a little too lowkey though.

Promising Young Woman 8/10

Living a life of vengeance is bad for your soul.

Sound of Metal 7/10

Easily the most horrifying horror movie ever. Monsters? Psychos? BAH! How about being a musician, losing your hearing and then potentially relapsing into drug use. Now that's scary shit.

Spider-man No Way Home XX/10

I'll give you a review as soon as I can get a fucking seat.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2022-01-12 at 02:54 PM.

Scream (2022) 6/10

Good acting and some clever writing. Kills are middling and the mystery was a little eye-rolling. The problem with this franchise is that while being a well-made horror film, it doesn't ever really plus it. so to speak. It never really tops itself or anything else in the genre with the intent to horrify. It all comes off as a well-made and fairly compelling theme park version of horror- that is to say and in contrast to horror that makes you feel truly horrified/discomfort. There is a place in the genre for the Scream franchise; obviously so as it does well financially. As a more hardcore horror fan though I walk away from these Scream films thinking 'that was fun.' more often than 'that was frightening!'

Casting is A++. The casting director did work. Jennifer Ortega, Jack Quaid, Dylan Minnette, Melissa Barrera, Mason Gooding Jasmine Savoy-Brown- these talents will be superstars in 2-5 years. The OG cast is slightly a distraction by comparison except for Campbell and Arquette who still have a lot of screen magnetism.

But goodness, those twins and Ortega almost steal the movie. Terrific, terrific casting. Take a bow, Rich Delia.

The 355 0/10

Awful, cliched bullshit. Waste of money.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-01-12 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eternals: 5/10 I didn't hate movie, but I'm struggling to really remember anything about it, other than it looking pretty at times. Whoa, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Nice.

Phastos and Druig could've been interesting characters with compelling dilemmas, but had very little screen time. The blandest one had the most. Another, with arguably the most motivation to want to save the planet, decides to just fuck off before the final act, until the end of the movie? I don't know much of anything about Kro or Dane Whitman, but they felt wasted. Might've worked better as a Disney+ series, so I could have time to know and care about everyone. I can barely recall who was who and what their names and power sets were, without looking it up. Here's a dozen characters! OK... go!

At least it wasn't Inhumans.

Bonus point for Makkari not being a Quicksilver knockoff with overdone slo-mo. She provided some of the best 30 seconds of action in the entire movie. I could watch her punching fools into a wall all day long.

The Paper Tigers: 1/10 A martial arts comedy that wasn't very exciting or funny. Watching it felt like a chore.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife: 5/10 Avoided spoilers and articles and reviews until I finally got around to seeing it, and... Jay Bauman called it in 2019? Jesus Christ.

Stuff I liked: It felt like a Ghostbusters movie. Phoebe, the mom, and Podcast were fine. Rudd was mostly OK. One cameo didn't overstay its welcome. The credits scenes worked reasonably well. A nowhere town in the middle of BFE being an important part of the lore was interesting. Casual mini marshmallow man murder.

Everything else annoyed me. The audience was like the unawares petite blonde teen, getting prone boned by the raw dog BBC of nostalgia overload during one of those ambush casting dot com videos. I got The Matrix Resurrections flashbacks.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City: 5/10 Marginally better than the Jovovich RE flicks, but not as amusing? They nailed quite a bit of the locations and gore. Some of the casting worked. Everything else was garbage. Hashtag not my Valentine and Kennedy.

Zone 414: 5/10 It's an OK diversion, if you're in the mood for a Dollar Store Blade Runner whodunnit with Guy Pierce and Matilda Lutz. Had the pieces to be pretty good, but fell short. Point deducted for making me think I was watching a better movie.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Lost Daughter 7/10 Hard to rate this one as somebody's reaction to this film will vary depending on their life experience. Basically meaning in short, if you are a mother you will probably relate a lot with the themes and get a lot out of it. If you are someone like me and not a mother you may struggle. I'm still glad I gave it a watch though and took some interesting thoughts from it. Some people will love this film and some people will be totally lost.

Eternals 5/10

Found it a bit boring. I didn't like the casting. I didn't like the lingering on romance and emotions. I did like that it was a bit more intellectual than most of these movies, but like the Mulan movie you can't half-commit to more adult themes and direction while still keeping the movie dumbed down for children and the masses.

The Last Mercenary (2021) - 4/10

Farcical and silly but rarely funny, it was weirdly entertaining and although it was never boring, I’m not sure if it was any good or not.

- - - Updated - - -

The Eternals.

I actually quite liked it. I think my expectations were so low that it was much better than I thought it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin 5.5/10

This is your typical documentary/found footage movie, it was decent and passed the time. I found it less boring than others. This really has nothing in common with the Paranormal Activity movies though.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Hotel Transylvania 4 5/10
    Encanto 9/10
    Matrix 4 3/10
    Eternals 7/10

Eternals - 7/10

Rating this within the scope of it being a Marvel superhero film, above all else. It was quite entertaining, with a solid cast and fun visuals. Not quite sure why it received so much criticism, as far as Marvel movies go.