10+ Year Old Account
    Inglorious Basterds

2/10. I don't know why it got such high ratings. As a history major, I went into this expecting to see at least some realism... instead they raised a giant middle finger to anything that could be called history. I couldn't stand how flamboyant and almost childish they portrayed the Nazis as. I am a guy so I enjoy a good amount of violence in my movies, but I was still appalled by how lightly they took the execution/torture scenes; making what should have been an extremely serious scene and instead trying to make it comical with light, cheerful music. The only people I can see truly loving this movie were the anger management/special ed kids back in highschool (no not the retarded ones... just the stupid - get into trouble with cops all the time ones). I recollect this movie with no feelings save disgust.

Deleted
    Wu Xia (Donnie Yen, 2011)

8/10

After a few dissapointing movies (Guan Yun and Chen Zhen) finally a good movie from Donnie Yen.

The Whistleblower

9/10

Great movie about human trafficking and the bad side of the NAVO (they bring more disaster then actual help). Great performance by Rachel Weisz, didnt know this woman looks so good too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Inglorious Basterds

2/10. I don't know why it got such high ratings. As a history major, I went into this expecting to see at least some realism... instead they raised a giant middle finger to anything that could be called history. I couldn't stand how flamboyant and almost childish they portrayed the Nazis as. I am a guy so I enjoy a good amount of violence in my movies, but I was still appalled by how lightly they took the execution/torture scenes; making what should have been an extremely serious scene and instead trying to make it comical with light, cheerful music. The only people I can see truly loving this movie were the anger management/special ed kids back in highschool (no not the retarded ones... just the stupid - get into trouble with cops all the time ones). I recollect this movie with no feelings save disgust.
    So wait, after seeing the previews etc. you didn't know this movie was just going to be funny and especially NOT realistic? Right.

Deleted
    Let's see...

I watched "Apollo 18" a few nights ago. It's not an easy movie to rate with just a number, but I'll give it a 4/10. If it wasn't so directed towards being a "real fakumentary", I'd give it higher; 6/10. I still somewhat liked it's originality and the tension. But to be frank, it's not much of a movie.

Also saw "Real Steel" a few days ago, and I liked it. It's too average to completely win my heart over, and Jackman's character is too clichéd. Overall a strong 6/10.

"Paul" is another movie I saw recently. It's feel-good in its nature, and as such I'll give it a 7/10. But as a movie (i.e. if you analyze it) it really doesn't live up to the expectations and the ending is just bland, so 6/10.

And finally yesterday I saw "The Lincoln Lawyer". A good all-round thriller with superb acting in my eyes. It doesn't have that punch that I really wanted it to have, and with a few plot holes and unanswered questions I give it a 7/10.

Up next I'm going to watch "Drive" and "King's Speech".

Deleted
    Inglorious Basterds

I give this review 1/10.

Prejudice is bad mkay!?

Just because you expect something from a movie and dont get it and dont like the movie it doesnt
    mean that the people who liked it is all those things you said. Learn 2 understand that people have
    different taste in things such as movies etc. When will people learn that taste varies?

OT:

Hangover 2 - 6/10
    I liked the first part alot due to its very special story and ending (including the action shots in the end)
    and even tho the second part had its moments it couldnt quite reach the level of part 1.
    All in all it was an enjoyable movie tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got dragged to see Real Steel on the weekend with some friends. 5/10 Was reasonably entertaining but there was a lot of dull moments where not much was happening and the characters weren't too engaging.

Paranormal Activity 3. 7.5/10

The beginning took a lot longer than it needed to. But the ending was rock solid, even for someone that didn't watch the second movie, or like horrors in general.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle LA
    8.5/10

The beginning was really really lame, and then the aliens came and it was on. A few cheesy non realistic parts but it wouldn't be a space alien movie if it wasn't unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So wait, after seeing the previews etc. you didn't know this movie was just going to be funny and especially NOT realistic? Right.
    Did I think that it was going to be a documentary on WWII? No, course not. I went into it expecting to see the plot focused around a band of soldiers sneaking around killing Nazis. I also expected the humor to be like what was found in Kill Bill. Both my assumptions were proven wrong when they decided to kill all big names of the Nazi movement in a fire, including Hitler (which is just over the top), as well as other things, and the comedy was based on watching humans, evil or not, being held down and tortured. Oh yeah that shit was hilarious. I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. /endsarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas
    I give this review 1/10.

Prejudice is bad mkay!?

Just because you expect something from a movie and dont get it and dont like the movie it doesnt
    mean that the people who liked it is all those things you said. Learn 2 understand that people have
    different taste in things such as movies etc. When will people learn that taste varies?-
    I agree that it might be a bit unfair to categorize all people who like this movie as such, and maybe people who like this aren't leading a fucked up life, but they have a fucked up sense of humor for sure, and that statement I will NOT recall.

Deleted
    Did I think that it was going to be a documentary on WWII? No, course not. I went into it expecting to see the plot focused around a band of soldiers sneaking around killing Nazis. I also expected the humor to be like what was found in Kill Bill. Both my assumptions were proven wrong when they decided to kill all big names of the Nazi movement in a fire, including Hitler (which is just over the top), as well as other things, and the comedy was based on watching humans, evil or not, being held down and tortured. Oh yeah that shit was hilarious. I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. /endsarcasm.
    Well clearly because you have some major in history you can't accept the fact that someone altered history for a MOVIE just to make it enjoyable and different. Not to mention the acting fit the whole movie.

Alone is already genius. Great acting and it has Tarantino all over it. But I guess if you didn't like the movie, we're all fucked up people.

last movie I saw was.. Planet of the Apes in theaters, I figured it`d be terrible because you know, apes? really? But it had James Franco in it and well, I figured it`d be decent with him acting. it really blew my mind away, it made me really happy and really sad as well, especially what his father was dealing with and why he was doing what he was.

as for recently on dvd I`ve seen Fast 5, and I have to say that was also not what I was expecting, I was expecting cars driving fast for no reason, but this had a great plot, it`s moving away from the whole "racing cars" and more toward a bank heist movie, with racing being the get away part. really amazing stuff.

Deleted
    but they have a fucked up sense of humor for sure, and that statement I will NOT recall.
    I dont care if you recall anything. Its still prejudice and stupid to say something like that and it says more about you than the people
    you call fucked up.

Being able to enjoy a big variety of things is possible when you are open minded, something you hopefully will realize some day

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Teacher - 6.5/10

Deleted
    The King's Speech.

Although I really did expect more from this movie, it was a thrill. Not exciting or deep, nor did it have a very intriguing story - but it was still an enjoyable and well acted/directed movie. 7/10.

Deleted
    I watched Paranormal activity 3 - i give it a 6/10 nowhere near as scary as the ones before it

then i watched The change up - 8/10 was hilarious

Moneyball
    9/10
    It was very easy to watch - the 2+ hours flew by in what felt like minutes. As a pretty big baseball fan, I really enjoyed that aspect, but the movie was just very well done on the whole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching Independence Day again, still a solid movie 15 years on. 7/10
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Steel - Probably give it an 8/10.
    It was Rocky crossing over with Rock'em Sock'em Robots. I enjoyed the movie, the visuals were good, the moral was pretty good and it had Wolverine. What more could I ask for?

Bridesmaids and Bad Teacher, both 6/10

Was really disappointed in bridesmaids, it had it's funny moments but nowhere near as many as everyone made it out to have.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?