mortal kombat... blarg.. 2 out of 10... although it is the best video game movie imo

Intouchables.

French award-winning comedy.
    Probably the best comedy with a deep, touching meaning I've ever seen. It's about a snobish quadriplegic millionaire who employs a black slums-badboy. The latter has to take care of him, feed him, wipe his ass etc. As the story unfolds they develop a deep friendship, as fundamentally different as they may seem.
    Gotta see it in French, though, as its use of colloquial "argo" adds a lot to the experience, imho.

Have to rate it 8.5/10, never thought I'd rate a comedy that high. For reference, I haven't come across a movie which is perfect, thus deserving a 10/10 rating. The closest to me are probably Fight Club (9.5/10), El laberinto del fauno/Pan's Labyrinth (9.5), LotR: Fellowship (9.5) and Requiem for a dream (9).

the muppets 10/10

funny heartwarming, had me singing along to every song.

Deleted
    Watched In Time yesterday. Interesting concept but pretty mainstream story. It just feels like a great idea ruined by Hollywood. I'd give it a 6/10 because it does spark some interesting thoughts and as I said, the concept is very appealing. The movie in itself isn't worth more than a 4/10 in my opinion; average acting, a story we have seen way too many times before, predictable ending, lackluster depth, plot-holes, etc.

Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows, amazing movie like the first one. Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law and Stephen Fry are awesome. I'd give it a 10/10.
    Last edited by Diredruid; 2012-01-10 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling

the social netwrok
    8/10
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Watchmen 10/10 - One of my all time favourites and a very good adaptation of the graphic novel. Excellent cast and style.

Big Stan 7.5/10 - After watching several not so great Rob Schneider comedies, i did not have high expectations of this movie but it was surprisingly funny and fresh movie.

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

9/10

Personally the best out of all the M:I films. I hope they make another sequel with the same cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

9.5/10

Not exactly the same story as the books, but the spirit of the work of Hergé is respected. You can see in the minute details that Steven Spielberg is a true fan of Tintin, down to the mark of Haddock's whiskey, Loch Lomond. The character of Captain Haddock was really well done. I really liked that he put Hergé in the beginning of the movie as a painter drawing Tintin's portrait. A nice touch and hommage to Tintin's creator.

Of course I prefer the French version with the original names. I can't get used to Dupont & Dupond being called Tompson & Thompson, or Milou being called Snowy.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2012-01-12 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Mission impossible 3.
    3/10 Terrible ending sequence, was waiting for the signature music to start and next thing I knew main villain was dead in a very poorly scripted way.

Darkness Falls

4/10

Dont know how this movie didnt just go straight to the Sci-Fi channel. I guess the disintegration effects were good but everything was scifi cheese.

Deleted
    Zombieland 10/10.

Was expecting, just another Zombie movie but this really delivered Emma Stone is stunning (as always) and Bill Murray is in it, couldn't ask for more!

Priest

4/10
    Horribly cliche and not in a good way. If you sit there and think up any movie cliche, it's in this movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
    One of the more impressive "3D" movies I have watched. It really does contain some of the most exhilarating and scenographically impressive computer animated scenes ever made. And the movie really is a thrill from start to finish.

Oh, and I too prefer the original names. Milou is Milou, end of story.

Warrior 9/10 - Amazing movie, not much more to be said. I would have given it a 10 but it gets rather cliche towards the end, not much they could have done about it but still you pretty much know whats going to happen. Acting was perfect across the board.

I saw the devil - Korean flick, pretty freaking brutal - 9/10

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehrealk View Post
    Platoon, old shcool movie with Charlie Sheen before he was crazy. Id rate it an 8/10 definitely a great movie for its time, lots of well known actors.
    If you liked it, watch The Thin Red Line another vietnam movie and good one!

50/50 = 8/10 Very good movie overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I saw the devil - Korean flick, pretty freaking brutal - 9/10
    I've got this one ordered.

I watched Killer Elite, not bad, but not great. 7/10.

Also Assassination Games, direct to DVD action movie with JCVD and Scott Adkins(who I'm not familiar with but who will be playing JCVD's right hand man in Expendables 2). Actually fairly enjoyable, though not exactly original. I think I like Van Damme more as he's gotten older, this one and Universal Soldier:Regeneration(the extended action scene where he assaults the terrorist hideout and ends up doing a room by room sweep dispatching guys with just his knife is goddamn amazing) are both better than most things he did in his prime. This one is maybe 7.5/10 due to lack of a total badass scene like the Universal Soldier one.

The Inbetweeners - A bit short but thought it was hilarious, 9/10
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Machinist - I still find it incredible that this is the same actor who plays Batman, but then after seeing him in The Fighter, you think I'd learned to be nothing but impressed with how in character he gets. The plot was fairly good. Seen a few too many "twist endings" of late to be really impressed. 7.5/10