Chronicle - 8/10

A well made, indie style superhero film, loaded with teen angst and the concept of teens gaining what appear to be psychic - specifically telekinetic and telepathic powers. Figuring out what they can do with their powers and the results of their actions makes up a large part of the film, the rest being character development and a look at how these guys live day to day and how their new abilities change them forever, for better and worse. With great power comes great responsibility, but what if that responsibility is waived?

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

8/10

Really great movie, I liked the first one a bit more.
    Hi

Deleted
    The Avengers.

7/10

Solid movie. Had I been 8-10 years old I would have loved it.

Deleted
    The Avengers - 5/10

It all felt to much like a Michael Bay ''Hollywood action'' movie to me, the terrible plot, cheesy jokes and more CGI than you can get your head around was to much for me.

Deleted
    21 Jump Street 2012 - 3/10

Boring story, lame action and horrible acting.

This was so bad that te only thing worth giving points were that some of the original actors from the series was there.

The Avengers - 10/10
    Awesome movie! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Deleted
    The Avengers - 7/10

Not the greatest thing I've ever seen, but it had it's moments. All in all, a solid movie.

Deleted
    Chronicle: This movie blew my mind, the effects were so simple yet so amazing. You can predict whats gonna happen, but you can't predict how it is gonna happen.

8.5/10

Not sure if linking trailers is part of this thread but I'l link it anyway. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Scarface - somehow I've managed to not see it until now. I wasn't terribly impressed. Pacino was amazing, obviously, but I really felt like he carried the rest of the cast (except for possibly Robert Loggia). The sets were cool and everything was beautifully shot, but the story was quite predictable and it didn't really come together as nicely as I had hoped. It wasn't bad by any stretch, just not as amazing as I had expected. 7/10.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Deleted
    Chronicle - 3/10

The plot had really good potential but they didnt take advantage of it at all.
    Horrible story but ok acting from time to time. The action scenes was mediocre and poorly animated mostly
    and towards the end it really just gets ridicolous and the finale is just plain bad.

Disappointed because i expected so much more

15+ Year Old Account
    The Avengers. 8/10

Love that they were able to include all these characters into a movie and have it work well. Great action, dialog between the heroes and a lot of funny moments. Hulk was my favorite character as well, and I wasn't even interested in seeing him again after his last 2 films. He really had the best moments.

Only thing that hindered the movie for me were the lackluster villains besides Loki.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    The Avengers (3D) 8/10

Considering I had such low expectations for this movie it turned out really really good. Great character development, great special effects, it made me laugh and cry and smile and kept me on the edge of my seat. The pacing started kinda slow but I had no problem with that as it still provided some good watching. Loki was totally bad ass, more so than he was in the Thor movie.

The only gripe I have is that Hawkeye (who is like my fave Avenger in the comics) recived little screen time and spent most of the time under Loki's mind control. I would have loved to have seen more of him and Black Widows relationship.

I do feel Black Widow played an awesome part in the movie, which surprised me considering most of the team in the movie were men. And she kicked some major ass too which was worth seeing.

The ending after the first half of the credits made me geek out like mad too, Cant wait for the sequel

But still the movie was top notch and far exceeded my expectations, it was the movie I would have never expected to see in my lifetime, and after seeing all the other solo movies it was well worth the wait for this one. Certinally a movie I would want to see again.
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-05-01 at 09:29 PM.

how have so many people seen The Avengers....? Doesn't it come out in theaters May 4th? I know there was a special red carpet Hollywood showing with all the stars... but is everyone else just downloading a leaked version...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    how have so many people seen The Avengers....? Doesn't it come out in theaters May 4th? I know there was a special red carpet Hollywood showing with all the stars... but is everyone else just downloading a leaked version...?
    It has been in the theatres here in sweden for a while now. Maybe its just late in your country?

The Prestige

9/10

Great actors and nice "twists". Need to start to watch more movies about magic tricks. :3
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronicle 7/10
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Lockout 8/10. A cool scifi action/comedy nothing special but still great.

Avengers

5/10

Popcorn flick. If you don't go in expecting oscar worthy script & acting, you wont be too disappointed.

I expected more from Joss Whedon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    cabin in the woods - a solid 2/10. straight up horrible movie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    In a rare case, the film premiered in Europe (and Australia, NZ etc, I presume) before the US (April 27 here in Sweden). The majority of people on here who have seen it are most likely not in the States.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.