Rec 3

5/10

If it was a standalone movie, it may have been a 7/10. But compared to its 2 predecessors, its a complete letdown. Instead of a dark, scary atmospherely horror movie, it became just another silly zombie movie. A real letdown, now I just hope Rec 4 will do better.

The Bourne Legacy

8/10

Great movie, with some awesome acting.

watched Takers the other night, 7/10. newest I`ve seen is The Bourne Legacy, 8/10 as well, people said it wasn`t going to be as good without matt damon, but jeremy renner is amazing. really hope for the two of them in the same movie in the future.

going to see RE: Retribution, I only enjoyed the first movie, Afterlife was total garbage... expecting to be very disappointed lol.

Glengarry Glenross again, still a 10/10 film for me.

I think its called the road. It's not all that new but its a great movie. 8.5/10

15+ Year Old Account
    Total Recall 6/10, quite dissapointed to be honest, quite plain and I didnt find myself bothered about what happened to the characters throughout. The whole concept was cool though

10+ Year Old Account
    Jennifer's Body

It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, I heard alot of hate for it when it was released on the cinema so I never went to see it

The premise was good and it was a very dark and gritty movie. acting was okay, the story was pretty good. the atmosphere reminded me of the movie, Ginger Snaps. But that's only because of its dark tone and the fact it features two best friends whom are entirely different, while it could have looked like a chance to cash in on Megan Fox's fame I actually don't think that was the case, while it does expose her a lot it doesn't over expose her too much, its kept pretty level

The only gripe I had was with the ending. Which I felt they rushed completely, as well as the whole friendship between the two girls was sort of ignored and not touched up on as much as I thought it would be.

Overall a good movie, not perfect but better than people gave it credit for.

6/10
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-09-16 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 Angry Men (1957)
    10/10
    Nearly all of the movie takes place in the jury room, with every aspect put on the dialogue between the 12 jury members. It might sound boring but it is definitely not. Stunning movie, one of the best movies I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    12 Angry Men (1957)
    10/10
    Nearly all of the movie takes place in the jury room, with every aspect put on the dialogue between the 12 jury members. It might sound boring but it is definitely not. Stunning movie, one of the best movies I have ever seen.
    Read the play. Tons better. The movie/s are quite terrible(Studied 12 Angry Men for one of my English novels in my final year of school last year).

OT:
    Got 9 and Nightmare Before Christmas on Bluray finally.

9 - I love it. It's a great movie, cutish and awesome. 9/10
    Nightmare Before Christmas - Don't need to say much, it's my most favourite movie of all-time. Such a brilliant masterpiece. 10/10
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe I should read 12 Angry Men because I hated the movie, but then if the play is still about a jury that doesn't know what a jury is supposed to do and arbitrarily dismisses evidence then I still won't like it

The Punisher (2004) 4/10

The score to this movie just didn't fit, it was like watching some early 90s fluff movie instead of The Punisher. I don't think I ever saw a movie undone by the orchestral score the same way this film was, it was that jarring to me to merit a 4. The movie really only had two enjoyable scenes and a further 85 minutes of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Read the play. Tons better. The movie/s are quite terrible(Studied 12 Angry Men for one of my English novels in my final year of school last year).
    Plays are meant to be seen and heard in my opinion. I haven't read that one but I've heard people say the same thing about Shakespeare's work and I just can't see how anyone could take as much away from a reading of a play as they would from a good performance. At least in Shakespeare's case, his language is so different that a careful reading could help you understand certain things that you might miss otherwise but a good performance is still preferable and can communicate more to the audience than just the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Prometheus

8/10

They better make the 2nd one...
    I completely agree. A great movie that received a lot of undeserved hate because people expected Alien. Two really great characters, David and Elizabeth that I'd love to see more of.

Anyways, on topic:
    Resident Evil: the new one, forgot the name, re-something or something. - 3/10. I got what I expected action-wise. This is going to sound weird since I'm talking about a Resident Evil movie but the story disappointed me. This was weakest movie in the series thus far. I'll probably still see the next one. I think I'll still be watching Milla dance around on invisible wires when she's in her 50's.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2012-09-17 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would probably be The Dictator. In terms of OH-GOD-MY-SIDES I'd rate it 10/10, that scene when Aladeen and the other guy are talking in the chopper with the white couple... Goodness, I cannot recall the last time I laughed so hard. (YouTube clip of said scene)
    Last edited by Dassen; 2012-09-17 at 12:28 AM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raid: Redemption. Asian movie (can't remember from which country) about a police squad raiding a building full of criminals. There was only a minor story to begin with, and that story kinda turned into nothing. The action was superb, though. I'd give it a 6 because the action was amazing. Could probably have gotten an 8 if the was a story.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Ted - 8.5/10

very entertaining comedy with an original concept and good cast. it's a bromantic comedy and it's good for the girlies too as it has it's sad (although very predictable) sad moment. ideal date night material. sometimes drags on like they had to put certain things in to fill it up for full movie length and its predictable at times, but still, it's been a while since i laughed so hard at the theatre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dredd 3D. 9.5 out of 10. Took out a .5 because there wasn't really a Showdown with the main villian, but I guess the whole movie was the showdown with her and her goons Overall, it was an amazing experience, this is the real Dredd. If you have the money and the option to see it in 3D, it's a must, can't believe I'm saying this but it really adds to the experience, especially during slo-mo when the whole world just lights up. Along with the soundtrack, I was completely immersed in this movie the whole way and hope for a sequel. This was a piece of art and truly the biggest surprise of the year.

13 Assassins - 9.5/10 So I finally got around to watching about the only Takashi Miike film I hadn't yet seen, on Blu-Ray and it was pretty much one of the best samurai films I've seen since Akira Kurosawa's efforts. The first half, with its slow burning build up and traditional Miike-esque (that's a thing now) style of hatred generation for the main villain is very well crafted - at least one dismembered person, check. The second half, which is essentially an extended battle sequence is just fantastic and as usual Miike manages to show us his perverse side, with a villain who isn't as purely evil as he appears, more just another man lost in a world of violence to try and find reason. Oh you, Japan.

Deleted
    Men in Black 3 - 8/10
    Snow White and the Huntsman - 6/10
    Prometheus - 5/10

Those are the three I watched in the last 5 days

Ghostbusters 10/10

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

Deleted
    Hey Guys.....................
    I am a great fan of watching movies DragonBall: Evolution. recently I watched
    Rating:-7/10

Dredd - 8/10. An excellent sci-fi action movie. I want some sequels please.

Prometheus, 8/10