10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil: Retribution... not a brain in its head, but it entertained me, and sometimes that can make up for any glaring faults -- of which there were many in this here moving picture film movie show. Ada Wong fan service. Mmm. 6 ~ 10

Cabin in the Woods... funnier and creepier than I expected. Self-imposed media blackout served me well. 8.75 ~ 10
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted
    Movies I've watched/rewatched since I last posted.

People Like Us (2012) - 7.5/10
    Breathing (2011) - 7/10
    Adventureland (2009) - 7/10
    Moonrise Kingdom (2012) - 8/10
    Sound of My Voice (2011) - 6/10
    Prometheus (2012) - 5/10
    The Big Lebowski (1998) - 8.5/10
    The Cabin in the Woods (2011) - 6/10
    The Ice Storm (1997) - 8/10
    The Avengers (2012) - 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    13 Assassins - 9.5/10 So I finally got around to watching about the only Takashi Miike film I hadn't yet seen, on Blu-Ray and it was pretty much one of the best samurai films I've seen since Akira Kurosawa's efforts. The first half, with its slow burning build up and traditional Miike-esque (that's a thing now) style of hatred generation for the main villain is very well crafted - at least one dismembered person, check. The second half, which is essentially an extended battle sequence is just fantastic and as usual Miike manages to show us his perverse side, with a villain who isn't as purely evil as he appears, more just another man lost in a world of violence to try and find reason. Oh you, Japan.
    I watched this a month or so ago and I found the first half very slow burning. I am by no means an action junkie but the second half was well worth the build up!

Deleted
    Mirror Mirror - bit of a silly movie, I'll give it 6/10 but it gets a lot of those points for the costume design

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched Apollo 18 recently. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. 6/10.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8mm (the alien sci-fi ish one...)

7/10 quite enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totall recall: 4.5-5. Didnt really enjoyed it and got bored at about the middle of the movie :/
    ~May the goat be with you~

15+ Year Old Account
    The Machinist 7/10 It's the one where Christian Bale starved himself for the role, that never stops being amazing, the tension and atmosphere of the movie are pretty good, however I didn't honestly feel all that invested in the resolution. I plan to watch Transsiberian, also by the same director (Brad Anderson) when I get a chance.

Gonna throw out the last absolutely 10/10 intense flim I've watched: Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father . It's a true crime documentary about a friend of the film-maker, and I advise knowing as little as possible about the real life events.

Deleted
    The Avengers. Been trying to watch it for weeks but every time I intended to, something else came up and I couldn't. I liked it a lot, 9/10.

Last movie = Bonny and Clyde(sorry if I wrote wrong), good, somewhere funny movie.. 9/10
    and Innocence of Muslims 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The Avengers. Been trying to watch it for weeks but every time I intended to, something else came up and I couldn't. I liked it a lot, 9/10.
    Puny god...

Watched The Seventh Seal a couple days ago. Definitely understand why it's on a list of classic movies, 9/10.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Bourne Legacy 7/10 was entertaining yet something seemed off compared to the original 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bourne Legacy. I went in with low expectations and a small amount of hope of being pleasantly surprised. All I can say is it takes a very special movie to actually exceed one's low expectations. If there's ever a movie that film students should study for examples of bad editing, this would be it. This movie shamelessly rides the coattails of a trilogy that has almost nothing to do with it. There is nearly zero character development or plot, and has so many boring, useless scenes that you might as well not even watch the first hour. This film is an affront to the industry. 2/10.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-09-26 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The films I have watched since I posted last (wall of reviews incoming):
    Le Boucher (8/10)
    Premium Rush (7/10)
    Snow White and the Huntsman (5.5/10)
    Magic Mike (8/10)
    Breathing (8/10)
    Wish You Were Here (8.5/10)
    Arbitrage (8/10)
    Taken (7.5/10)
    Red Lights (3.5/10)
    People Like Us (8.5/10)
    V/H/S (5.5/10)
    Sound of My Voice (8/10)
    Moonrise Kingdom (9/10)
    One for the Money (1/10)

Deleted
    Casa de mi Padre! 2/10 I usually like movies with Will Ferrel, but this dubbed **** was not worth watching.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    End of watch 6/10 not horrible but not what I was hoping for
    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Bourne Legacy. I went in with low expectations and a small amount of hope of being pleasantly surprised. All I can say is it takes a very special movie to actually exceed one's low expectations. If there's ever a movie that film students should study for examples of bad editing, this would be it. This movie shamelessly rides the coattails of a trilogy that has almost nothing to do with it. There is nearly zero character development or plot, and has so many boring, useless scenes that you might as well not even watch the first hour. This film is an affront to the industry. 2/10.
    You can add the Total Recall remake to that list. I didn't watch it recently but did see it on its release weekend. I'd give it a 3/10 and that's only because it's pretty nice getting to stare at Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale for 2 hours.

It's apparently becoming a trend for Hollywood to remake or continue franchises that have either been finished a long time ago or don't need remaking. I suspect it has something to do with the kids that saw these movies back when they were kids are now turning into 20-something adults with disposable income and a desire to be "nerdy."

I'm expecting the Judge Dredd remake to be garbage, too - how the shit can you have a Sly Stallone flick without fuckin Sly Stallone? It's like trying to have an Ahnuld flick without Ahnuld...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Oh shit I forgot about the Bourne Legacy. I thought last movie I saw was Night Patrol or Night Watch.

Bourne Legacy 3.33/10

It was okay. I liked the snow part in the beginning, then the movie got fucking boring. "ogm govament took my baby and is chasing us" Wow I never saw that before. Fight/chase scene was cliche/boring. Guy's sickness was cliche. There was nothing really good about the movie plotwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonrise Kingdom, 9.5/10

Can't say I've ever seen a movie like that before. The direction, perspective, quirky characters, and storytelling were just enthralling. Best movie I've seen this year.

Went and saw a pre-screening of Looper. 10/10 for me, easily. I haven't enjoyed a movie in theaters that much in a while. The concept was just so, so, so cool. And you can't go wrong with either Bruce Willis or Joseph Gordon-Levitt.