I just saw the Giant Mechanical Man.

I quite liked the movie, it talked a bit about how meaningless your life is and that not everyone has a path set out in their life.
    A movie quote was that man rose up from the forests, learning and inventing the wheel. And then only ending up as someone who sells ( in this case ), plastic monkeys with grape juice in it.

Anyway, I would give it a good 8.5/10.

Dredd 9/10

Yes The Raid did it first will be what everyone says. But this is the Dredd film fans have been wanting since that abomination from the 90's. This film gets Dredd bang one, he is a bad ass. He does his job, he dosnt quip, he dosnt smile. He is dour and taciturn and they get it right for once, that he never takes his helmet off.

The action feels solid and brutal, which warrents the 18 cert.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Dredd 3d, easily 10/10.

Though i haven't seen Hobbit yet which will top Dredd or come out as a good second.

Dredd > Dark Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven Samurai - 9/10. Probably my favorite black and white film, this is an old time favorite, and one that I was happy to bring back out to watch in my first few days of Christmas break. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should; it is truly amazing despite its age. I am by no means a staunch fan of older films, but this has always stood out as a powerful feature.

Женская собственность (Women's Property) - 8/10. Another old favorite, a very powerful and touching movie. It's a far stretch from action-packed Hollywood movies; for me it serves as a reminder that you don't need grandiose speeches and special effects to make a powerful movie.

Resident Evil: Retribution - 5/10. Higher than I've given other movies in this franchise (apart from below), which started at a 4/10 at the highest with one of them holding a 1/10. I suppose I've come to grips with the fact that these movies aren't about plot, character development, logical sequence, or reality... they're about watching a chick who is either naked or clad in skin tight leather shoot everything around her. Coming to grips with this helped some, as did seeing Ada Wong.

Resident Evil: Damnation - 7/10. I was surprised by this, and more expected to watch it in the background while doing other things (like wasting my time away on these forums). It turned out far better than I expected, with a very interesting plot and twist, strong characters, absolutely beautiful CGI, and lots of fun seeing the creatures of darkness that the makers of Resident Evil have thought up. I have always enjoyed the storyline of the games immensely more than the rather horrible live action movies, and this truly did the games justice. Plus it was terrifying in a way to see the BOW's out in the open sun.

Brave - 6/10. It was decent, I suppose.... it had good parts to it, but it wasn't the epic I had hoped it would be coming from Pixar. I don't know why, but I've never liked the concept of switching bodies/minds and things like that, so that may have put me off some from the movie, but I by no means regret seeing it this once.

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn - 4/10. I honestly didn't care at all about the first 1/2 or 2/3 of the movie, whatever it was.... never been a fan of military training films, and the premise of their situation seemed silly. It was pretty lackluster overall, with army cadet cliches in abundance; for that part alone, I would give it a pretty low rating. But the second part... now, that's what I wanted to see. Fights with the Covenant, total obliteration, and then... Master Chief. Even with that, though, the fight scenes seemed rushed, obscure, and while I appreciate that actual fights are far from orderly, so chaotic that it was immensely difficult to appreciate the battle scenes.

Total Recall - Don't know. Fell asleep halfway through it, due to being so lackluster.. from what I did see, however, it seems like they made a meh film riding on the coattails of its classic predecessor. I guess I'd put it at a 3/10 unless it picked up a lot after the mid point.

Anne of Green Gables - 10/10. I don't know why, having watched it so many times, I still love this movie so much, but something about it has always reached out and touched me personally. It's distinctly far from my typical film choice. But I suppose we all like strange things, now don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I think I trust your taste in movies more and more every time you give a review.
    Haha, thanks It's nice to know that my perspective is appreciated.

Deleted
    So...

I saw From Dusk Till Dawn yesterday and I must say, the movie was rather good. I was kinda skeptical about watching it but it wasn't bad tbh.

The movie, till the 45 mins, more less, was pretty amazing and the story line was rather good, then, when the bar scenes showed up, well, it wasn't that bad tbh, yeah, there were boobies and that but that's meh to me, but atleast that woman dancing, zomg, that was the best part of the movie! Those moves....

I don't know but the movie was rather good.

I think I'll go with a 6.5/10. oh, I loved Tarantino's acting, nice freako act. xD

Life of pi.

10/10. I was left speechless at the end of the movie. I seen it with my father, sister and her boyfriend. They gave it a 5/10 but I guess you need to be a certain type of person to fully like the movie. It made me rethink a lot of things in my life, and, I don't know how to explain it. It just left me feeling so emotional and amazed. I might be the only guy who feels this way about it, but yeah. 10/10 from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I loved Tarantino's acting
    you may be the first person to ever have said this

Cabin in the Woods 8/10 that was a fun movie, glad I finally got around to seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Last movie I saw was on TV where they had Stardust (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/) on, never seen it and I thought it was going to be the usual adventure/fairytale shit plot and so on like other movies of that theme but I was pleasently suprised!

The music first of all is amazing, it brings light to scenes where it's needed and darkness to others. Brilliant 10/10
    Acting is solid but in some cases it gets a bit "acting school" like in the reactions (or lack of) in the actors. Robert DeNiro is flawless as always (in every bit we get to see him). 8/10
    Plot has alot of twists and turns that is so unusual for this genre of movies, I always try to figure out what direction a movie is going and it's when the movie (or series) suprise me I enjoy it the most! 10/10 (honestly very good)
    Special effects are good enough to buy as far as "magic" goes and you don't see many (if any) faults in the animations and so on. Overall very good put together and not overdone! 9/10

Total feel for the movie, 9/10. I won't give a 10/10 because many of the actors lack experience and pressence on the set which you can see, it doesn't ruin the movie but for a true movie lover/fanatic it's noticable. Go "rent" it, you won't regret it!
    I loveeeeeeeeee this movie
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    you may be the first person to ever have said this
    Really? XD

I thought he did pretty weird, and his whole look suited the "freak" role pretty well in my opinion.

Deleted
    Flight was quite good il give it a 7/10

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went out with the lady and saw The Hobbit (the second time for her) and it was a real treat! The nearly three-hours sitting went by in a flash and, from what I recall from reading the book in high school about a decade ago, stayed fairly close to the source material but also expanded on it without feeling tedious or forced. The cliffhanger ending was pretty much where I expected it to happen given the nature of it being the first film and revealing anything more than that about Smaug would diminish the impact of a proper introduction. Think of how they built up the Balrog in TFotR before revealing his full character but on a much larger scale.

I'll probably go back and see how it looks in 3D.

If anything, I expect An Unexpected Journey to be the weakest of the three when we look back on them since it's nailing down the foundation for what's to come but even then, 'weakest' is still a solid 8/10 in this case which puts it on par with how I felt about The Fellowship of the Ring which makes me look even more forward to the next two films.

Also, the Storm Giants reminded me of Rock'em Sock'em Robots...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Life of pi.

10/10. I was left speechless at the end of the movie. I seen it with my father, sister and her boyfriend. They gave it a 5/10 but I guess you need to be a certain type of person to fully like the movie. It made me rethink a lot of things in my life, and, I don't know how to explain it. It just left me feeling so emotional and amazed. I might be the only guy who feels this way about it, but yeah. 10/10 from me.
    I was the same way.

I would say anyone can go in and like it and it's effects but not everyone (yet some) will understand the punch at the end and truly be captivated by it

Cloud Atlas 9/10

I was naughty and got hold of Cloud Atlas.
    As a Brit it never made it to the cinema. I really really enjoyed this film, words abandon me. I can describe how good this film was.

I've seen many movies. Really. A lot. Many of those movies were bad, and I am a harsh critic who demands a lot of a good movie.

The last one I saw was End Of Watch, and I find it brilliant. It's a cop movie but with a difference. The story is about two LAPD partners who consider each other brothers. One of them carries his camera with him for a project. He films everything and gives us a small insight in the daily life of a cop. It's a funny movie, some action and with a lot of drama.

It's about being a man, about being a good cop, but also about being a cool guy with a gun. It's about ones path and his future and about the dangers of being a cop.

This movie can be ranked amongst other top cop movies, such as Training Day. The author was also responsible for Street Kings and, as a matter of fact, Training Day itself.

I would give it a 8.5/10, which is a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Cloud Atlas 9/10

I was naughty and got hold of Cloud Atlas.
    As a Brit it never made it to the cinema. I really really enjoyed this film, words abandon me. I can describe how good this film was.
    I haven't seen that movie but was interested in it at first but then read the description and well..
    It sounds an awful lot like 12 monkeys, Butterfly Effect, Bourne type of movie so I decided not to see it. I thought these movies were extremely boring and confusing.

OT: The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey. I'd easily give it 8-8.5/10 but thanks to the bunny sleigh, it's 9-9.5/10. I found the Lord of the Rings trilogy a bit boring and drawn out (maybe because I was 9 when the first movie came out) but this was just perfect. I really hope that thanks to the success and the bags of money they rake together, they make another Middle Earth trilogy after the Hobbit movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I haven't seen that movie but was interested in it at first but then read the description and well..
    It sounds an awful lot like 12 monkeys, Butterfly Effect, Bourne type of movie so I decided not to see it. I thought these movies were extremely boring and confusing.
    I read about it and thought it wasnt going to be too good. I can tell you its nothing like 12 monkeys or Butterfly effect.

Deleted
    Cloud Atlas- 7/10

I dunno, it was a decent movie but hard to follow. There's still a few things I don't understand about it. Also, very long film.

cloud atlas is like the new pulp fiction - takes 2-3 viewings to get it right.

Deleted
    The Avengers
    Rating: 6/10
    Review: a Pretty decent superhero movie, had enough action and punchlines to classify itself as a prominent action movie and the characters more or less follow the comics.
    All in all a pretty decent movie

Les Miserables - 10/10. Best movie I've seen this year, hands down.