Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    People have compared Radagast to Jar Jar? That really shows how completely and utterly ignorant people are. Most of those who do probably haven't even read the book either. Ignorant clods, makes me furious.

The "too much CGI" might be sorta correct though, now that you mention it. They used it a lot more than in the LotR movies it seems.
    I think most people who have been harping on it have only been doing so because it was originally only supposed to be two movies and now its three and they think they only did that to make more money. There may be some truth to that, but imo, as long as the filler follows the lore decently and Peter doesn't fuck it up, I say go ahead and stretch it out as much as you want. I love Middle Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Just a question, what made you hate Life of Pi so much? It was a brilliant film adaption to a brilliant book, especially when compared to the hobbit (Which I really liked but seem to be one of the only people on the forums who didn't give it a 10/10)
    I never read the book. Without giving too much away (not sure how to do spoiler tags) I thought the majority of the movie was good, but the ending sort of contradicted the whole goddamn thing. It reminded me of...Repo Men? Something like that. Great story until the end, and they toss the twist at you, and it kills the whole fucking movie. That, and the religious connotations were annoying (I'm about as anti-religious as you can get lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    I think most people who have been harping on it have only been doing so because it was originally only supposed to be two movies and now its three and they think they only did that to make more money. There may be some truth to that, but imo, as long as the filler follows the lore decently and Peter doesn't fuck it up, I say go ahead and stretch it out as much as you want. I love Middle Earth.
    I'd rather have three books with the Hobbit + the back of Return of the King + other supplemental works thrown in, than just two books on The Hobbit alone. By itself it is easily the least interesting of Tolkein's works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I saw the Phantom Menace, but with Rifftrax, because that's the only way I can watch that steaming turdpile.

You should really check out Rifftrax, they are awesome. Formerly known as Myster Science Theater 3000, a TV-series they used to have.
    I have two videos on my channel that have some clips from two other riffs they've done.

The Happening riff clips
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmxmPf0lU8

Battlefield Earth riff clips
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H25cd2p_taE

Rifftrax home page, incase you've fallen in love with them already!
    http://www.rifftrax.com/
    what a piece of sh*t... no offence but who would watch a full movie like that ? i closed it after 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I never read the book. Without giving too much away (not sure how to do spoiler tags) I thought the majority of the movie was good, but the ending sort of contradicted the whole goddamn thing. It reminded me of...Repo Men? Something like that. Great story until the end, and they toss the twist at you, and it kills the whole fucking movie. That, and the religious connotations were annoying (I'm about as anti-religious as you can get lol).
    The ending is all about how you see the ending. It's a huge philosophical twist over which story you believe, and the reasoning for it, the story is direct symbolism to the God debate, and you can really leave with either story being the one you believe.

The point of the ending is to get you thinking which story you believed to be true, and imo is what really makes the movie and transcends it from being good to being fantastic (and many others share the same opinion).

I can see how it's confusing/contradicting if you let the ending go over head (and it's possible with how fast and impacting it is).

It's a fantastic movie if you get and understand the point of the ending, otherwise you won't see it that great. It's definitely not a movie for a casual viewer of movies or art forms, neither would the book be for the same kind of reader.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:09 AM ----------

Les Miserables

I really feel like I am going to have to give this movie two ratings, one my personal rating, and two my objective rating, both are very positive just one is much more positive than the other.

The movie is extremely intense and it being 99% sung just makes it that much more intense, there are extremely powerful emotional moments, and very thrilling scenes, including a breaking of cinema taboo. The acting was spot on for the movie for everybody (although Russel Crowe did have some weak moments with his vocal power but still acts the job very well). There are some truly heartbreaking and uplifting moments in this that make the movie what it is, and the visual effects are absolutely outstanding and some of the best I've seen.

Next, although these two actors are not in the movie for that long, they completely steal their small and impactful moments, both of them are Anne Hathaway and Samantha Barks as Fantine and Eponine. Both their characters were heartbreaking to watch, both in their own way, and were fantasticly acted.

The movie is all around a spectacular marvel, however if you aren't a person who can appreciate movies, you may find yourself a little uncomfortable considering this is really one giant song.

My personal rating: A Golden Star (my rating above 10/10)

My objective rating: 8.5/10 for Les Miserables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh my God.

Django Unchained was just..amazing.

10/10.

The amount of humor, levelled perfectly with seriousness and emotional parts were just astounding.

If Leonardo Decraprio or Jamie Foxx, or Christopher Waltz, don't win a Golden Globe or Academy Award for Best Supporting/Leading Actor, I'm flip a table.
    Look, I don’t know if you are being serious or joking with the last part, but I really dislike people who whine about what they will do if their favorite film or performance doesn’t win the big awards, being completely ignorant to the other great movies that premiered the same year. 2012 was a fantastic year for movies, and especially male performances. You can’t just ignore all the movies you didn’t see, and say that your favorite should win. That’s bad film spirit.
    I once saw a completely ignorant fanboy rant about how The Avengers was the best movie in years, and how he would personally track down every Academy member if they didn’t vote it for Best Picture and Downey Jr. for Best Actor, and Joss Whedon for Director, of course. yeah, great society we are a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Look, I don’t know if you are being serious or joking with the last part, but I really dislike people who whine about what they will do if their favorite film or performance doesn’t win the big awards, being completely ignorant to the other great movies that premiered the same year. 2012 was a fantastic year for movies, and especially male performances. You can’t just ignore all the movies you didn’t see, and say that your favorite should win. That’s bad film spirit.
    I once saw a completely ignorant fanboy rant about how The Avengers was the best movie in years, and how he would personally track down every Academy member if they didn’t vote it for Best Picture and Downey Jr. for Best Actor, and Joss Whedon for Director, of course. yeah, great society we are a part of.
    Kinda like me an best picture, Avatar should of got it. Dont go off at me, but when it says best film it should mean it. Not for the story but for its technical merits and its showing at the box office. Bare in mind that Titanic did the same at the box office and made off with best picture.

As for The Avengers great film but i can think of better movies and actors, for this years awards.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

dredd - 4.5/10 - good ideas, bad execution. i love karl urban but sorry, he was kinda awkward as Dredd (but maybe because dredd is one awkward fucking character)

killing them softly - 8.5/10 - so good, really funny and witty with some surprisingly cool slo-mo stuff. loved it.

Deleted

Beutiful movie. Story is pretty meh though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinister 4.5/10... The ending totally ruined it as well as the cheap jump scares... I mean really? That tactic is older than dirt! enough of it already! Whoever says that this movie is scary is out of their fucking minds.

Dying to see Django Unchained.... But....it's......not.....out.....in.....my......city......./suicide
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-12-31 at 02:11 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Twilight :hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises: 6/10

Bitter, bitter disappointment after Dark Knight.
    funny, I was going to give it a 6 as well. The fact that it was only 'ok' was a horrible way to end the trilogy. But hey, they weren't Joel Schumacher batman film bad so thats good I guess.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Django Unchained.

somewhere around 9/10. Very good movie. Apparently it was written for Will Smith, but I just can't see 'getting jiggy with it' playing the role as well as Fox did.

Django Unchained - 9.5/10 - While not my favorite Tarantino film, it was very, very good! I loved every minute of it. I was a little wary at first because people were saying that it was unnecessarily lengthy, but I don't think I agree with that at all. It was really enjoyable, and Christoph Waltz was amazing, as always. Great characters, great story, great setting. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Django Unchained.

somewhere around 9/10. Very good movie. Apparently it was written for Will Smith, but I just can't see 'getting jiggy with it' playing the role as well as Fox did.
    Indeed. I think Wil Smith in the film would have gone over about as well as Nicholas Cage playing Neo in the Matrix series would have. (yeah, he was originally the person cast to play Neo, and to play Eragorn in the LoTR trilogy).

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Indeed. I think Wil Smith in the film would have gone over about as well as Nicholas Cage playing Neo in the Matrix series would have. (yeah, he was originally the person cast to play Neo, and to play Eragorn in the LoTR trilogy).
    I like Smith, but I haven't seen Django Unchained yet so my opinion is uninformed at best.

Nicholas Cage would have been a terrible Eragorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I like Smith, but I haven't seen Django Unchained yet so my opinion is uninformed at best.

Nicholas Cage would have been a terrible Eragorn.
    I like Smith too, but I don't think he has quite a serious acting skill that Fox has displayed in The Soloist and Law Abiding Citizen.

A night at the opera. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026778/

Absolutely fantastic comedy/musical starring the Marx brothers. I've loved that movie ever since I was a kid and saw it for the first time in several years yesterday, it's brilliant. The cool part is that the humor in it has stood the test of time very well even though film is from 1935.

Les Miserables

8/10

I've seen it on stage with Colm Wilkenson. They didn't do that bad of a job. Hugh Jackman was ok, I was more at surprised Russel Crowe. And I couldn't stop laughing at Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter as Thénardiers and Madame Thénardier.

The Hobbit, 9.99999999/10 (Refuse to give 10/10 to art :P)