Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Die Hard 3 - 8/10

It's Die Hard! 3 also, wich i think is the best one. Jeremy Irons is so freaking good as Simon!
    "As I was going to St Ives
    I met a man with seven wives
    Every wife had seven sacks
    Every sack had seven cats
    Every cat had seven kits
    Kits, cats, sacks, wives.
    How many were going to St Ives?

Call me in thirty seconds or die"

You're right, die hard 3 is awesome, and because you mentioned it I had to see it again and 10/10, action at its finest.

Deleted
    Going to see The Hobbit today with my girlfriend - any honest reviews I can read or can someone post one?

Deleted
    Jack Reacher 5/10

Retarded acting, the whole plot was just "meh" too. Tom Cruise playing the retard who's just beyond good at everything he does. No thank you.

Interview With A Vampire: 8.5/10

One of the best Vampire movies around imo. Now this is a movie where Tom Cruise shows that he CAN act, and damn good. Was a long time since I saw this movie, I hated Kirsten Dunst since her role in Spiderman, but it seems that when she was a kid, she could actually act.

Django Unchained

10/10

Quentin Tarantino outdid himself yet again. 2 hours and 45 minutes of awesome drama, bloody action, and unforgettable characters. There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this movie.

Something awesome about Django. (small spoilers)

When DiCaprio's character slams his hand on the table and it starts bleeding, thats real blood. During the shooting of the scene, when he slammed his hand on the table, he accidentally smashed a shot glass and cut his hand open, but instead of stopping, he was so "in the zone" he kept right on rolling and even used the injury to help illustrate the guys craziness. When he rubbed blood all over Brunhilda's face, that was him ad libbing the scene, and her freaking out was an actual reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Something awesome about Django. (small spoilers)

When DiCaprio's character slams his hand on the table and it starts bleeding, thats real blood. During the shooting of the scene, when he slammed his hand on the table, he accidentally smashed a shot glass and cut his hand open, but instead of stopping, he was so "in the zone" he kept right on rolling and even used the injury to help illustrate the guys craziness. When he rubbed blood all over Brunhilda's face, that was him ad libbing the scene, and her freaking out was an actual reaction.
    That's actually really cool! Kind of feel bad for the actress though, haha. I probably would have been revolted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well last movie I watched was the Incredibles 10/10, But i have seen that movie many a times.

So instead I'll go with the last movie I saw for the first time.

Total Rekall - The new one, honestly it wasn't a terrible movie. It scratched, my sci-fi itch at least. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    That's actually really cool! Kind of feel bad for the actress though, haha. I probably would have been revolted.
    Hope he's been checked out for the HIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit

Probably an 9. Only thing holding it back was it seemed just a little too familar, if that makes sense... like numerous scenes from the movie were very similar to scenes from the LotR trilogy.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Going to see The Hobbit today with my girlfriend - any honest reviews I can read or can someone post one?
    I loved it. You'll hear some people complain about how there was too much talking, or it dragged on a bit, and while they are certainly valid points, it personally didn't bother me.

When I first saw Fellowship, I thought much the same. But, like Fellowship, I suspect the Hobbit is a) setting up for an awesome trilogy, and b) only gets better with repeated viewings.

Also, watch it in 3D/48fps if you can. It took me a while to adjust to it, but fuck me it's something special to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Django Unchained

9/10

Definitely the best movie of the year. The movie had amazing music, and a really good story. It is definitely in my top 10 movie list now. I kind of didn't like the ending though (only reason I gave it a 9). I thought Calvin Candie could have something much worse happen to him without killing him OR having the Doctor dying.
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-01-02 at 11:47 PM.

Django Unchained

6/10

I liked the movie, but the last 45 minutes ruined it for me. Maybe I'm just outgrowing Tarantino's films. I loved Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, and Samuel L. Jackson.
    Last edited by Velorian; 2013-01-03 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    The Frighteners (1996)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116365/

It was like a reverse Ghostbusters. 8/10 even though I didn't find it as funny or scary as it might've been intended, I thought the story was well-paced, captivating and interesting, as were the characters (esp. Milton Dammers, so Poe-esque or whatever you call him), and ... something that was both good and 'new' (unknown to me) for once. There were some pretty creepy parts tho, esp. the "twist" about Patricia, the part in the hospital was intense at times.

Last movie in cine was actually Silent Hill: Revelation
    I'd say 5.5-6/10 while the older movie was 7.5/10. The new one was ... entertaining, and I applause the writers for making it tie in with both the SH3 and the movie, but I just felt it never did anything special or new (compared to the old one), didn't have interesting characters--the love story was retardedly contrived-- I just thought they collapsed too many plot points and character traits while shifting them around too much. It was also much less creepy- maybe esp. because it didn't show us many new things, and maybe also because the characters weren't developed enough or believeable enough. There wasn't enough atmosphere that was definitely there in the old movie, even though on a visual level I thought parts were transferred quite well from the game. But that's not what a movie should be about, a good transfer.
    Last edited by mmoc793587eee1; 2013-01-03 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most recent I saw was The Hobbit. I'd give it a 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hobbit, 2/10. I still have no idea why in the world people seemed to love it so much, it was just... bothersome. While I loved Richard Armitage's performance, the rest I couldn't stand.

I put "he wields the foehammer!" on par with "suffer mortals, as your pathetic magic BETRAAAAAAYS you!" in a list of quotes that were like nails on a chalkboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the hobbit, i feel like it was in comparison to the fellowship and things can only get better. there were some areas where i felt like it kinda dragged on and it started somewhat slow but all in all i liked it. cant wait for the others

10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Hobbit, 2/10. I still have no idea why in the world people seemed to love it so much, it was just... bothersome. While I loved Richard Armitage's performance, the rest I couldn't stand.

I put "he wields the foehammer!" on par with "suffer mortals, as your pathetic magic BETRAAAAAAYS you!" in a list of quotes that were like nails on a chalkboard.
    Of course, to each his own. But I find it hard that anyone can give it a two, whilst being serious. A two is like a bad "B" list made for TV movie, or straight to DVD type of thing.

And the quote you only hear once in the movie, Sindragosa's quote is iconic becuase you heard if a few times per fight, while back in the day of seperate lockouts for 10m and 25m. Including learning the encoutner, its safe to say some people heard that quote 50 times a week or more.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Knight Rises

6/10

Good movie but the weaker of the Batman movies. Which is a shame there was so much to love about this movie. but I felt there was just so many undeveloped characters and some of the characters sort of broke character and it was kind of a mess the story had a lot of unfinished business too. IT was supposed to close the trilogy but ended up making it look like there was going to be another.

Catwoman needed more back story. Was there any point of her being in that movie at all other than just being... Anne Hathaway was great though she gave a great new convincing way of portraying Catwoman without making it looking cartooney or cheesy. Her costume looked a lot better than it did when I first saw it, seeing it in the movie kinda made it better for me.

Christian Bale and Gary Oldman were great as usual, Oldman especially stole the show for me, just as he did in The Dark Knight (second to Heath Ledger of course).

Thats the good out of the way now the bad

Michael Caine god bless that man he is awesome but this movie really didnt do much for the guy. Not only breaking character fromt he first movie saying he would never leave Bruce to actually making him leave half way through the start of the movie, what was that about then have him come back at the end just to do a few pointless senses that didnt help the characters progression at all, especially at the end Alfred needed more time on screen to express himself after the ends events.

Morgan Freeman who we hardly ever saw at all in this movie which was a shame he was brilliant in the other two.

Now my biggest flaw about characters and I am nit picking here is Bane. Yea this is just for me only so take it with a grain of salt, but the moment he spoke I cracked up laughing, there was no way at all I was going to take this villain serious throughout the whole movie. For the sole reason of the fact he does the best Deckard Cane impression of all time. Most of the time I was imagining a beefed up Deckard Cane under that mask. But alas its just a nit pick people who dont know of Diablo or Deckard Cane wouldnt have that problem and maybe the guyw as taken a whole lot more seriously for them but for me he really didn't work out.

Story was okay the actions scenes were brilliant. And I really like Blake played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Once again not a bad film butI am not a fan of this one its good and I''ll probably watch it again but next to the two first and especially The Dark Knight (which is my best super hero movie of all time) its no where close to being great. I just was left wanting so much more at the end, shame really but its still good never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Les Miserables - 10/10. Best movie I've seen this year, hands down.
    I'm quite the opposite, maybe because I've seen it live a few times and was comparing the movie to that, it's hard to look at it as a standalone thing now, but I'd only give the movie 3/10 if that. Kind of like seeing the movie after you've read the book I imagine.

The last one I saw was Resident Evil Retribution - 6/10, it just wasn't up to the quality of the previous ones (if you liked them). It at least left a couple big openings for great RE movies in the future.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I'm quite the opposite, maybe because I've seen it live a few times and was comparing the movie to that, it's hard to look at it as a standalone thing now, but I'd only give the movie 3/10 if that. Kind of like seeing the movie after you've read the book I imagine.
    That could be it. I've read the novel but I've never seen the Broadway production, so I only had the novel to compare it to, but I mostly saw it as a standalone film for the most part. I'm seeing the show this March though, so I'm really looking forward to that!