Deleted
    'The Last Stand' - poor movie 4/10
    'Zero Dark Thirty' - awesome 10/10
    'Les Misérables' - very good 8/10
    'Lincoln' - gripping but a tad overlong 7/10
    'Texas Chainsaw 3D' - enjoyable but crap use of 3D effects 6/10
    'Django Unchained' - epic in every way!! 10/10

Beasts of the Southern Wild (2/10) I get what the movie is about and I reject any notion that it is any way compelling or meaningful. I felt like I was getting dragged along through the mud waiting for a revelation ending that never came. Having a whole picture based on a little girls changing ideals of how creatures of the world interact with each other isnt worth the sit through to me. Utterly pointless. Nothing against the girl actor, she was the only part I legitimately liked.

Seven Psychopaths (6/10) It isnt funny enough to be a comedy. It isnt serious enough to be a drama. It isnt fast enough to be an action flick. Im not sure what this is. Its a mildly entertaining story about a man writing a story about psychopaths that he gets to know on a more personal level. I never felt much substance in the different stories being intertwined, the saving grace really is Sam Rockwell's character who is easily the most entertaining and engaging part of the film. You will be interested and somewhat entertained, otherwise there isnt a whole lot here. Maybe a few chuckles.

Flight (6/10) It starts off with one of the better flight gone wrong sequences, the pacing, the urgency, its all there and it really gets intense. Sadly thats also the best part of the film and after that its all downhill. Maybe I was in the wrong expecting a compelling story based on the twists and turns on legality of the situation, yet what we're left is a story on alcoholism and depression. While the acting was fine (its Denzel what do you expect) the story doesn't do enough to make us feel for his character and actually care on the outcome of his predicament. And when thats what the movie is pretty much about, what will happen to this hero with an abuse problem, the end product isnt nearly as good as it otherwise could have been had we actually been invested.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-29 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IP MAN - 9/10

As a old school martial arts flick fan, i loved every minute of this movie. IP Man had solid pacing and the build up was amazing. No "wire fu" or CGI, just a very cool and calm dude who knows how to beat your face in.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rounders- 9/10 man I love that movie can't watch it enough. Only reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because there is no nudity in the movie

Deleted
    'The Collection' - sequel to 2009 horror movie 'The Collector'
    Not half bad for a movie made for $10m. If you liked Saw or Hostel you'll probably enjoy this too.
    7/10

Silent Hill revelation. Decent movie.. if you have no brains whatsoever, god what did that movie suck Oo

Hellraiser: Revelation -> Completely ruined the series

Licoln vampire hunter, decent movie.

@Celista, read the book before you start moaning about it being propaganda, might work instead of following whatever people from america say about it.
    Last edited by lanerios; 2013-01-30 at 09:09 AM.

Queen - The day of our lives. Thing is that its a documentary, would rate it 10/10. Gives a real nice insight about the years of queen.
    If it doesnt count.
    Django Unchained, 7/10. Story was quite meh, typciall Tarantino movie with way to much ketchup as usual. Only reason I will give it above 5 is because Christoph Waltz is in the movie.

Quo Vadis 10 out of 10.

Deleted
    Prometheus, 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    @Celista, read the book before you start moaning about it being propaganda, might work instead of following whatever people from america say about it.
    I don't buy into what other people say about movies. If I did I would likely love it, considering that here in America it is up for numerous Academy Awards including Best Picture and best Leading Actress. Like I said, I haven't finished the film yet which is why I haven't given it a rating. The first 45 minutes of the film was awful due to the slow pacing and Chastain's terrible acting (aside from the propaganda feel), but yeah I am sure it is possible that the film gets better.

What I have seen lately...

Gran Torino: 9/10 rewatched this and forgot how good it was; one of Clint Eastwood's best. Watch this if you haven't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight

Major Denzel fan but the movie dragged a bit in the middle for me. However the end made it worth while and kinda choked me up. Not telling!

7/10
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Les Mis, 9/10

Deleted
    The Grey
    I've seen it multiple times it's great, I find it so atmospheric and I get into it really well and the sound tracks are amazing.

for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3nUK5xoESs

Deleted
    Badlands (1973). It was...interesting. Very visually appealing. I wasn't quite sure what it was about, and reminded me of Bonny and Clyde. 7/10 for "not getting it" perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I saw in cinema - The Hobbit - 8/10. It's not "Lord of the Rings" good, but it's still a damn good film. In my opinion, anyway.
    Last I saw in general - The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10. Not as good as The Dark Knight, but TDK just goes above the scale.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Django Unchained: Overrated i give it 8/10 max...

Argo: 7.5/10

Zero Dark Thirty: 8/10

Warm Bodies
    I am going to start off saying I absolutely hate most rom-coms (there are a few exceptions of them that are actually good), and not because it doesn't fit my taste but the fact that the majority of them are terrible movies meant for having eye candy cast and be background noise while teenage couples make out in the back of the theater. This however is one of those exceptions where, although you could classify it as a rom-com, it actually has some heart, it actually made me laugh, and it was original, unique, and kept my interested. I am actually going to go as far as to say it was almost poetic in the way it was done, and it was actually fairly heartwarming leaving a little bit happy on the inside after watching it.

On a technical note, the acting was very solid, as was the directing, writing, etc. Now none of it was unbelievably great (well I could say the make-up was fairly exceptional on how they did it) or anything other than solid, but solid all around this early in the movie season is actually a really nice treat considering that if you exclude Oscar movies from 2012 in theaters there is nothing that has come out (similar to last year in January) that has been anything above slightly passable (and that is only for Mama and a disappointing Gangster Squad considering the cast). So for me this mirrors Chronicle from last year in my opinion, it was a solid surprise and the first good 2013 movie to come out, now it is not like Chronicle at all in terms of tone, story, etc. however I make the comparison simply because they were both nice surprises early in the year when most of the movies that come out are complete garbage.

So I will give a solid 7.5/10 for Warm Bodies

Cloud Atlas, 7/10...it was ok. Got a bit distracted at times early on trying to place the actors in different times as a couple are wearing a lot of makeup. Fucking long but visually awesome though as would be expected from the Wachowski's.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: 9/10 WOW Just woow.

P.S. I know I am a little late to the party.

Wreck it Ralph. 7/10

It was pretty good, but not nearly as good as people make it out to be.