The Hobbit: Unbelievably good film. Only reason its a 9 is because some parts dragged a -tiny- bit on. 9/10

Wreck-It-Ralph: Has shot up in my top favorite films ever. Ridiculously good film, fun, exhilarating and a complete joy to watch. An easy 10/10

Les Mis, probably? Fantastic. Fantastic fantastic fantastic. As a huge lover of the book, I was very impressed. 42601/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Deleted
    Friday - Wreck it Ralph - 9/10
    Saturday - Resident Evil: Retribution 3/10

The Big Lebowski - 10/10

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    in the last 3 days i have watched 3 films which i have had as DvD's but never got round to watching. they are l4yer cake, the usual suspects and reservoir dogs.

yeah, its been a good 3 days....

i give them 9/9/8 out of 10 respectively. the next 2 days will be donnie brasco and true romance

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Attempted to watch the Mass effect movie and The watch
    made it about 5 minutes into both without the urge to spoon my eyeballs out
    I wouldnt recommend either
    wait... mass effect movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    wait... mass effect movie?
    Perhaps he means the 6 web short halo episodes (combined they are roughly the length of a short movie)? IDK. From what I can see the only mass effect film in development is far from completion. But I didn't think Forward Unto Dawn (Halo) was that bad. I would have preferred a bit more focus on Master Chief or whatever, but it was alright.

Deleted
    Robot and Frank 7/10
    Decent movie have some funny bits but a lot of depressing/sad parts aswell.

Looper 6/10
    It was ok i suppose but the whole thing with the kid in the end just made me want to punch the kid in the face.

Life of Pi 9/10
    Good movie expected a lot less from it but was quite suprised by it.

Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 9/10
    Just awesome to see the old batman beat people up in this animation style.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2013-02-04 at 12:16 PM.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Red: 7/10. It was entertaining, but some parts just put me off rather harshly.

Django Unchained: 8/10. One of those films you either love or hate. I liked it, even though there were some parts that I really did not like. Worth it though. Some twists and turns as well, where some of them being rather obvious before it even happened.

Wreck it Ralph: I really did not like this! I don't know why, but to me it was rather ... bad! Again, there's a lot I liked about it, but the flaws was to obvious and annoying for me. 5/10

Lincoln 9/10

Daniel Day-Lewis, the greatest actor of his generation? If there ever was any doubt it's no more.

Les Miserables 10/10

Django was a disappointment... only about 8/10.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Searching for Sugarman 10/10, awesome documentary about Rodriguez - the could have been biggest music artist in history. Incredible story that just makes me sad to know what we could be listening to today. Highly recommend this to anyone who likes classic rock music or anyone who just likes a good documentary.

Easy A 9/10 more of a teenager movie I think but Emma Stone really does her job well and also that bloody pocketful of sunshine song is so catchy

Deleted
    Django Unchained - 8/10.

They overused the term "n*gger" though. Apparently, over 110 times within the film. (If this is still too explicit, please feel free to edit it! I'm merely quoting the word and not using it abusively)

Deleted
    Just watched Despicable Me and that movie is just incredible.

10/10

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    6.5/10

The writing was decent, and the character design was certainly memorable (LOVING the Goblin King). The casting was beautiful and I can't tell you how hard I was crushing on Martin Freeman.

That said. The sets. Dear gods the sets were awful to look at. The troll cave scene looked like something I'd expect from a 1980's "action" film. The mountains were quite bland and boring. Moria? Who cared, really? Pseudo mono-chromatic scenes can work, I mean remember Helm's Deep? Mount Doom? The studio that gave us Middle Earth and all its eye catching wonder, both in beauty and in some places horror, this felt extremely lacking in that all over.

If I'm watching a movie, I want to be able to get lost in it, especially in a world I want to invest in, like Middle Earth. "An Unexpected Journey" didn't do that for me, not in the least.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Django Unchained 9/10 I liked it.
    Silver Linings Playbook 8/10 was also good.
    I hate it whenever I see a really good movie because then right after I wanna watch another just as good lol. Good movies are a curse!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If I'm watching a movie, I want to be able to get lost in it, especially in a world I want to invest in, like Middle Earth. "An Unexpected Journey" didn't do that for me, not in the least.
    I loved it. It wasn't as good as Return of the King, but giving it 6.5 is just not fair. 9/10 would be more appropriate IMO

Also i watched Les Misreables the other day and it was fantastic. 10/10

Deleted
    Thor 9/10
    gotta love them superhero movies + chris hemsworth is superhot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kassihiki View Post
    Thor 9/10
    gotta love them superhero movies + chris hemsworth is superhot
    Thor is easily my top 3 of Marvel films.
    8/10 (also watched it again the other day. )

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I loved it. It wasn't as good as Return of the King, but giving it 6.5 is just not fair. 9/10 would be more appropriate IMO

Also i watched Les Misreables the other day and it was fantastic. 10/10
    People are allowed their opinions, there are plenty of people who weren't major fans of the Hobbit, I honestly enjoyed it but felt like it was probably a 7.5/10, maybe an 8 at best.

Just remember for ratings anything 6 or over (or in 5 star rating cases anything a 3 or over) is typically seen as good/decent.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2013-02-08 at 02:02 PM.