10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9/10 really enjoyed it. Cumberbatch was truly amazing I love his voice. As others have mentioned ending was a little rushed it felt but overall best movie I have seen this summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched 3 movies in a day with friends

Place Beyond the pines 9/10

really nice movie

Iron Man 3

8/10 Had some issues, not nearly as good as 2, but some decent things in it and .RDJ <3.

Star Trek:Into Darkness

10/10

What a beast of a movie, went back to watch Wrath of Khan and a bunch of others.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2013-05-18 at 05:26 PM.
    Howay the lads!

Children who chase voices from deep below
    I'll give it a 7 - strong recommendation.
    If you like anime, this will convince you that Makoto Shinkai is the next generation Miyazaki.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Star Trek - Into Darkness

2/10

Lazy storytelling. Felt like it was a Michael Bay film, except there were even more holes/moronic plot points than your average Bay flick.

Fast and Furious 6

1/10

The one mark came from the two black guys and their humor. The rest of it was a load of crap, unrealistic stunts, THE JUMP ACROSS THE DAMMED MOTORWAY. The air stripe scene lasted 20 minutes or more, at the speed they were traveling it should of ran out in less than 60 seconds. Complete plot failure. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it in the first place so that may of had a impact on it, but still to think they're bringing 7 and 8 out and Rhianana is in 7.

One word to sum it up

Diabolical

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fast and Furious 6

1/10

The one mark came from the two black guys and their humor. The rest of it was a load of crap, unrealistic stunts, THE JUMP ACROSS THE DAMMED MOTORWAY. The air stripe scene lasted 20 minutes or more, at the speed they were traveling it should of ran out in less than 60 seconds. Complete plot failure. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it in the first place so that may of had a impact on it, but still to think they're bringing 7 and 8 out and Rhianana is in 7.

One word to sum it up

Diabolical
    Although I don't like those movies, you have to remember that complaining about Fast and Furious movies for being loaded with unrealistic stunts is kind of pointless because that IS what those movies are, a bunch of mindless stunts and brainless action sequences to put butts in seats and entertain you while you chug down some popcorn.

If you go into a Fast movie expecting it to be realistic or have a good plot you are going to come out hating it, although if you go in just wanting to see some action than you might have a chance at enjoying it.

Again I don't like the movies simply because I hate brainless action flicks (I prefer action sequences to be scarce and the plot and development to carry the movie)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    star trek - 8/10
    pain n gain - 8.5/10
    iron man 3 - 2/10
    You cared enough to post.

Iron Man 3 7/10 It was good but not great like the Avengers (10/10) and the other two Iron Mans (9/10 - 8.5/10)

I am going to do a small bulk of movies I have seen since I haven't done a good job keeping up with posting in here lately.

Oblivion - Tom Cruise pulled off a solid performance and the visuals were spot on, this is what made the movie work and be entertaining, the script however (even though it was original and kept my attention) was fairly weak and I felt like they could have done a better job using the talent they had in the cast (for example some of the most interesting characters in the movie, Morgan Freeman's character, are in there for literally like 10 minutes and then they are gone only to show up again for the climax (which just to say the conclusion was fairly weak and pointless in my opinion). Overall the movie was ok as a whole but it remained entertaining getting it to around a 6.3/10 for me.

Olympus Has Fallen - Yes, this is from all the way back in March I believe, and I'll just say this entertaining action sequences everything else is weak, it seemed like a cheap version of Die Hard. It was entertaining enough, but if you try to think at all during the movie you're just going to start realizing how illogical everything is in the movie and how nothing in it could have actually happened or would have even been plausible (such as the threatening to blow up all the nukes on while sitting, if you know anything about nukes you know the US has them made so they have to be dropped for safety, they can't explode on the ground, they aren't like a normal bomb. Or any of the other logic in the movie, including the fact that a regime of an already poor country would be that advanced and sophisticated). The acting was bland (especially the villains, they were really bad), and the plot was patriotically cheesy and racist. It was mind numbingly entertaining at best. 4.5/10

Iron Man 3 - When the movie had started I was really enjoying it, I felt like they were doing an awesome job with the direction of the plot and I felt like the humor came in naturally and wasn't cheesy, and then you get to the halfway point where a certain reveal is given, and while I applaud them for trying it, it really didn't work with how they approached the villain, all the stakes just felt much lower and then the ending action sequence, while awesome, made me wonder, "Why didn't he just do all that in the first place?" It was a fun movie nevertheless, very entertaining, and at least for the first half the plot points they were taking were superb (and the villain part could have been a cool thing to do to a villain, if it wasn't the Mandarin and if it wasn't a super hero movie, save the attempts at social commentary for movies that aren't big summer blockbusters). 7/10

The Great Gatsby - Let me first say, if you are going to take on a classic novel (especially a novel hailed as THE definitive American novel) you better do a really, really good job with it, and Baz did an ok job. I felt like he tried to over stress the subtle symbolism of the green light and spent to much time trying to show off a bunch of colorful and eye-popping visuals that he missed the mark on the most important story aspect. I'm not sure if I can totally blame, Baz, though because nobody has been able to pull off the Great Gatsby on the screen, and I think it has to do with more of the fact the novel just doesn't work that well on screen. Now time to mention the worst part about the movie, the soundtrack, I cannot understand why Baz thought it was appropriate to use a Jay-Z score for a period piece. I understand you can say, Quentin Tarentino did it for Django Unchained, but the difference is Quentin Tarentino wrote Django Unchained and it is a completely different kind of film than how the Great Gatsby should be, the soundtrack should have tried to encompass the feeling of the 20s, hell I would have been alright with jazz with a bit of a modern flair to it, but the score just didn't suit the movie well. The best part about the movie though was Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, I was really hoping the movie would have been good because I knew that he is one of the closest actors alive you can get to Gatsby and so I felt like he was wasted in Baz's version of it (despite a great performance). The source material is fantastic, but Baz spent to much time trying to make it a visual splendor to counter-market Iron Man 3 that he forgot to make it a good movie, and it just comes off as entertaining. 5.5/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness - I loved the 2009 version of Star Trek, it was fun and engaging and the new cast did an excellent job at re-inventing these old characters while still staying true to them, and the cast does just as great a job in Into Darkness as '09. I will say I did not like it as much as the 2009 Star Trek because the script just didn't get me as much as the first, and I felt like Into Darkness could have been longer and that they rushed the ending, but that was one of the only big flaws I could find. I also would have liked a little more build up before they go after Benedict's character (won't spoil it for you), and speaking of Benedict Cumberbatch he was absolutely fantastic as the villain and stole the scenes he was in and he was what made all of the twists and turns work, as well as Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto's great performances as the title characters. Overall really enjoyed this film, 8.3/10

Mud - In the mix of all these big summer blockbusters you have a little Southern Gothic Drama named Mud, and although it won't make more money than any of the films listed above it is better than all of them (Even though I really liked Star Trek). You have some spot on performances of smaller characters that aren't overacted at the slightest and that was extremely refreshing after seeing a bunch of big personality blockbuster characters. It was the same with the script, it is nice and sweet but never goes sappy and has some very great emotional twists and turns as well as keeping you thinking throughout. This is a film that is very hard not to love, and the best way I can say it is, in the mix of all these summer blockbusters, Mud is nice and refreshing. 9.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Iron Man 3: 4/10. Robert Downey Jr gets 10/10 for his acting, though, the only thing that made the movie endurable.

Issues I have with this movie:

The most prominent scenes do not include Iron Man, or if they do, they include comic relief. (Tony Stark gets hit in the groin with his armor.)
    The Mandarin is not the Mandarin
    Tony Stark as Sam Fischer
    Tony Stark turned into Bruce Wayne's depressiv "why can't I get my shit together" self. If he had no trouble sleeping after being held several months captive in a cave you would figure that a 3 minute trip to space fighting robot aliens should be a piece of cake, or his near-death experience from Palladium poisening. His whole anxiety is completly stupid.
    It renders the Peptalk Tony held for Bruce Banner in the Avengers completly pointless.
    It renders Iron Man 2 completly pointless. Iron Man 2 ist Tony Stark's struggle to stay alive. "Congratulations, Sir, you just created a new element." "Yeah, won't need it in 12 months anymore, so..." At the end of IM 3 we learn that he could just take the shrapnell out as easy as I change my underwear. Why didn't he do that in the first place?
    Memorable characters from this movie in ranking order: Tony Stark, that small kid who didn't bring him his sandwich, Ben Kingsley as "Look, I'm not actually Moriarty, but an actor" the Mandarin, Pepper Pots, as badass and very well in shape for her age, Yilsin, the botanist girl, the villain. What was his name? And his scheme? I forgot.

Robert Downy Jr is an excellent actor and delivers a wonderfull performance. I laughed a lot. But I definetly didn't get what I expected. If this was the first movie of Marvels second movie phase, count me out for the rest. I cannot recommend the movie to anyone else.

3D was not present.
    I can't say that I disagree with you though I would have given it like a 6. Last movie I saw was warm bodies I think, I give it like a 8/10. Enjoyable movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek: Into Darkness. Freaking awesome movie, I'll be seeing it again even with a couple of plot holes. 9/10. The new cast is great with their roles, and Benedict Cumberbatch is just well: acting in god mode.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I just got done watching National Treasure, and National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
    National Treasure - 7.5/10
    National Treasure: Book of Secrets - 8/10

And before I watched those I watched, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Thor. Both amazing movies.
    Captain America: The First Avenger - 8.5/10
    Thor - 7/10

I want to watch Star Trek: Into Darkness, Benedict Cumberbatch is so great! But for some reason, it hasn't arrived in Denmark as of yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    last one i seen in the theater was Iron Man 3.

i would have to give it a 8/10. slighty behind the first iron man and slighty ahead of iron man 2. i understand actors' desire to play other roles but it will be sad if robert downey jr. doesnt play iron man in the avengers 2. i think i read some speculation that he, and chris hemsworth, were having issues negotiating their contracts.

rurouni kenshin live action movie. Easily a 10/10. Excellent acting, nice plot arrangement, and a setup that felt true to the setting. Recommend it for anyone who likes samurai-type moves.

Deleted
    the last stand - 6.5/10

hansel and gretel: witch hunters - 7/10

Deleted
    Star Trek: Into Darkness 7/10

Too many movie liberties is something that really stuck out in this film.
    Also there weren't real character arcs.

Still fun though. I just wish JJ Abrams would pay more attention to his world and consistency thereof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek, Into Darkness 8.5/10.

A good contender for movie of the year, but the year is young and there's still a number of potential movies I have yet to see.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I want to watch Star Trek: Into Darkness, Benedict Cumberbatch is so great! But for some reason, it hasn't arrived in Denmark as of yet.
    And it'll be worth it because he's great in the movie too.
    Putin khuliyo

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jack The Giant Slayer 9/10

I was quite shocked it was that good. I went a second time to see it again - when it was re-released at a cheap theater nearby.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father documentary. Love me a good doc, 9/10 incredible story. The sort of twist at the end was jaw dropping for me at least. Highly recommend this if you like a good documentary.