The Innkeepers - 6/10.
    Side Effects - 6/10
    The Great Gatsby - 7/10
    Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel - 7/10
    Fermat's Room - 6/10
    The Two Escobars - 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    The Expendables: 1/10

Embarassingly terrible piece of crap movie. The only thing of slight value in watching it, was constantly making fun of Sylvester Stallone's horrible plastic surgery. Even the action, which is the one thing this movie was supposed to have, was totally weak. Complete waste of time.
    Yeah I was thinking it might be some stupid fun but it was just the first thing.

God, it was so boring, I just couldn't care about the characters or what was going on because they had none and it didn't matter, and the action was utterly tedious. Is it so hard to make a movie with a campy gimmicky premise (eg, put every single action hero ever in one movie) fun to watch?

Actually the only part I remotely enjoyed was Dolph Lungren playing a bad guy (but then the plot sidelines him for the rest of the movie and at the end all is forgiven for some reason - presumably so he can be in the sequels), he at least seemed to be enjoying himself.

P.S. Did Charisma Carpenter always have a rack like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Argo - 7,5/10. It was pretty good, lots of tension without unnecessary action and explosions. But the part where the bad guys piece together the shredded paper to find the identities is simply too farfetched. It would take a small group of people maybe 10 years to do that, and just putting more people on the same job won't speed that up as you're only in eachother's way

Other than that and a few other minor things, the movie was quite believable.

Star Trek: Into Darkness. I'd say 8.5/10. Very good movie, I'd say I liked the first one a little bit better but this one was definitely consistent for my tastes (also not much of a Star Trek geek).

Dredd. Great movie. I'd score either 8 or 9 out of 10. Very clever and simplistic at the same time. Funny moments, lots of action. If I could give one complaint I'd say it wasn't violent enough. Gotta give credit to Karl urban for never taking off his helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    Couple of movies I watched today.

Phenomenon : Great movie, Definitely showing that Travolta can act when he put his mind to it. 8/10

Hansel and Gretal - Witch Hunters : Turn your brain off, adult version of the story, Not for the children due to language, dismemberments and head popping. 7/10

A Good day to Die Hard. Honestly I think its time that they let the franchise die on this. Not been the same since Die Hard 2. 4/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Quirky funny parts were definitely enjoyable, as well as the cameo and how that played out, unexpected. Two complaints I have though, just two. One, Chris Pine not only peeking, but downright staring at Alice Eve was both gratuitous and creepy. Seriously unnecessary but oh hey let's show a blonde in her panties just because nerds need to see something right? It's distasteful, not just to women, but to men too that you "need" this sort of thing to actually enjoy a movie. Come on, do better than that.

The other was actually Benedict Cumberbatch's character itself. I loved him as an actor playing it, beautiful and very well played, top notch. I just think putting a character derived from eugenics as a big white guy is poor, I mean, why didn't you bleach Benedict's hair blonde at this point for a stronger effect? Especially when the original went out of its way to make sure that Khan was NOT white. Yes, he's a solid actor, and yes he played it marvelously. But I just think removing a step of what made Star Trek so diverse and awesome in its varied history and whitewashing it away isn't really all that awesome.

Overall enjoyed the "ride" for what it was. A little more Michael Bay action'y than it probably needed to be, and for mindless entertainment it works to grab in more people that way I guess. But these two points kinda made it =/ for me.

Being generous? 7.2/10
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-05-24 at 07:03 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Watched a couple of decent ones recently.

Star Trek. Into Darkness. Really liked it. Acting, special effects did the film proud however i am still not sure about the story aspect of it. i really liked the characters and humour but really want to see a film with the borg in it, asking to much i quess.7/10 watched at cinema.

Life of Pi. Really like it,great story, colourful and beautiful. 8/10 watched on dvd.

Django unchained, decent with some great action and comedy moments buts its the sound track that blew me away. film7/10---soundtrack 10/10 watched on dvd

Cool World--one of those films I bet Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger wish they never did. The initial premise, where the film was supposed to be a horror film, sounded much cooler than what this film turned out to be. Too bad for the film...the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes gave the film one of the lowest ratings I've ever seen (3%).

Essentially the film is about a cartoonist who enters his own cartoon world and has sex with his own creation, a Jessica Rabbit-like seductress who spends most of the film trying to get laid by any "real" man she comes into contact with. Having sex with the cartoonist turns her into a real person, which somehow f*cks up the interdimensional portal between worlds. Brad Pitt plays a cop who has his own relationship with a cartoon, but apparently he doesn't let his desire for his cartoon girlfriend get in the way of maintaining the order between the two worlds...that gets screwed up when the cartoonist comes along.

Surreal, would be redemptive if there was a story behind it or some sort of deeper meaning; however all this film manages to do is come off as an odd fetish flick for guys who have a thing for cartoon characters.

3/10 (1 pt for creepiness, 2 pts for technical innovation....considering the age of the film)

Just saw Oz the Great and Powerful. Never seen The Wizard of Oz. 6/10

The Last Exorcism Part II-9/10
    The movie was what horror should be-creepy,dark,and genuinely distrubing. This movie has all that with the girl from the first movie in conflict with the demon that posessed her...with a crazy ending that i wont give spoilers to.

Lords of Salem-9/10
    This movie is quite disturbing, definitely not for the faint of heart (or the especially religious). This is one of those movies where when it ends you end up thinking "wtf did I just watch?"

The Brothers Grimm - 6/10.
    Was an OK movie, but some of the acting was pretty sub-par and the script itself was a bit of a mess. The "twist" seems like something they wanted to throw in there halfway through filming of the movie and then barely had any consequence on the rest of the movie.

Deleted
    Watched a movie every night this weekend, progressively getting slightly better each night :P

Warm Bodies - 7/10
    Django Unchained - 8/10
    Oldboy (the 2003 version) - 9/10 and maaan that movie is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Cool World--one of those films I bet Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger wish they never did. The initial premise, where the film was supposed to be a horror film, sounded much cooler than what this film turned out to be. Too bad for the film...the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes gave the film one of the lowest ratings I've ever seen (3%).

Essentially the film is about a cartoonist who enters his own cartoon world and has sex with his own creation, a Jessica Rabbit-like seductress who spends most of the film trying to get laid by any "real" man she comes into contact with. Having sex with the cartoonist turns her into a real person, which somehow f*cks up the interdimensional portal between worlds. Brad Pitt plays a cop who has his own relationship with a cartoon, but apparently he doesn't let his desire for his cartoon girlfriend get in the way of maintaining the order between the two worlds...that gets screwed up when the cartoonist comes along.

Surreal, would be redemptive if there was a story behind it or some sort of deeper meaning; however all this film manages to do is come off as an odd fetish flick for guys who have a thing for cartoon characters.

3/10 (1 pt for creepiness, 2 pts for technical innovation....considering the age of the film)
    Seen it and yeah, blame the studio and Basinger for it turning into a shitty comedy. The whole thing was basically shit all over and redone without Bakshi's knowledge and became a real monster of a movie. Real shame because for the most part Bakshi was a genius.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snitch (2013 starring Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson 7/10 very solid drama/action movie, Rock plays the father role so good

Hangover III: 3/10

At least they changed some of the formula this time, unlike Hanover II. Still not as entertaining as I expected. The first one will always be the best.

Deleted
    Jack the Giant Slayer... meh, I'll give it 6/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now You See Me
    I give it a 6.5/10

It was entertaining, good actors, worth the watch. But in the end magic isn't as amazing when it's not live. Had some fun moments though

Furious 6
    I give it 6/10

They are getting less and less about the cars and street racing. I miss that. Being a car junkie myself. Also, some very unreal action scenes, and that last catch... it brings you out of the movie with how ridiculous that got. But still entertaining.

Hangover III
    I give it a 4/10

Wasn't nearly as good as the second, and miles away from the first. I actually didn't like that they didn't start with the drunken "What happened last night" scene. They ended with one though... and that image will forever be burned into my brain.

Star Trek Into the Darkness
    I give it a 7.5/10

Saw this again for the second time, in IMAX 3D this time. Still good, the movie has very little downtime which makes a second watch very easy, it's pretty much all action. And that scene where Chris Pine was not only peeking, but downright staring at Alice Eve was both sexy and alluring. A blonde in her panties, who wouldn't want to see that? It's a great idea by the director to empower what women's beauty should be, not just women, but men too since you "need" this sort of thing to actually enjoy a movie. Very well done. #Kelesti
    Last edited by Nario64; 2013-06-03 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Bronson, 5/10

Too artsy fartsy for my taste -_- However, great acting and some fun scenes

15+ Year Old Account
    Moonlight Kingdom. 8/10 finally saw it by it coming on HBO/Cinemax the other day, I loved how simply amazing it was. I'm a fan of silly love stories like that. The scene with the 12 year olds on the beach though, that got a bit weird.