Man of Steel

4/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Angels & Demons = 8/10

it was a lot better than the Da Vinci Code!
    Hi

Deleted
    Jack Reacher 6/10. If someone else than tom cruise was the lead it would have been better..

Last movie at home:

The Last King of Scotland. 9/10
    Utterly horrifying because its based on true events (details were added, but most of what happens does happen one way or the other). But also brilliant for its camerawork, acting, soundtrack, scenery... And I like the fact they used a lot of Ugandan actors, so it adds a lot of authenticity to it.

Last movie I saw at the cinema:

Star Trek: Into Darkness. 7/10
    Good movie, I enjoyed it. Far from perfect but the right levels of goofy but sincere to keep me happy as a Trekkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Man of Steel - 9/10, best dragonball movie ever.
    I wish they would make a Dragonball movie like Man of Steel.

For me, Man of Steel 8/10
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

World War Z: 7 / 10

Solid movie, not as epic as I had hoped it was going to be. Too much nonstop action and not enough time fleshing out the characters so I care if they lived or died. Still a fun ride and great acting all around.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man of Steel - 10/10 a new addition to my top10 movies of all time (definitely one of two top superhero movies, the other one is obviously the dark knight) and just ... Wow! Action-packed drama full of intriguing characters and Superman, that I actually can relate to. The first time I saw it (I already went to the cinema 4 times) I cried exactly four times. At the very beginning (I was looking forward to this movie for a year and half! so come on.. Im not a pus*y), again after the "launch", again when he had his suit on for the first time and again, when he finally got mad. Recommending it*

Decent Swedish Horror movie. I did not have high expectations because it's "just" a Swedish horror movie, but I was pleasantly surprised, the movie were bloody and had a good chunk of gore and the effects were really good in comparison with other Swedish movies. And they had a relative low budget ($46k) to begin with so I think they did good with what they had, and with a low budget they invested almost everything on the movie itself and only hired two "professional" actors and a bunch of amateurs therefore the acting is not the best.
    5/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flame on.

White House Down: 8.5/10. This movie, was the most pleasant surprise I've had in awhile, check your brain in at the door, it's freaking fun. This movie has an entire all-star cast, right down to freaking Joey King (little girl who played younger Talia al Ghul in TDKR) Seriously though, this movie is awesome, and hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Flame on.

White House Down: 8.5/10. This movie, was the most pleasant surprise I've had in awhile, check your brain in at the door, it's freaking fun. This movie has an entire all-star cast, right down to freaking Joey King (little girl who played younger Talia al Ghul in TDKR) Seriously though, this movie is awesome, and hilarious.
    Seonded, Limousine RPG battles on the Wite House lawn.
    Top that.

Easy 8/10 if not more, because it achieved what it set out to do : thoughroughly entertain me for its entire running time.
    Great flick.

Deleted
    A-team: 7/10 I decent action comedy, Murdock raises the rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombieland: 8/10

Solid movie! Loved the comedy involved and the characters. It's definetely the first movie with zambiez that entertained me.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Man of Steel 8/10, enjoyed thoroughly.

Europa Report, 7/10...kind of reminded me of The Abyss. Kind of annoying if you're not a fan of those "fixed point of view" movies as the whole thing is told from the perspective of a data recording. But I thought it was clever and interesting.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-07-01 at 07:37 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spring Breakers (2013) (IMDb) - 0/10
    Dark City (1998) (IMDb) - 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    A-team: 7/10 I decent action comedy, Murdock raises the rating
    That movie was awesome.

Europa Report, a Sci-Fi/Thriller (damn these are rare!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2051879/

I'd give it about 8.5/10. If you like Contact & 2001 you'll like this one.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-07-01 at 09:41 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm at work I'll keep it short:

Hangover 3
    7,5/10
    Good comedy, Zach nailed his character, very nice cast (Goodman, McCarthy) and more entertaining then #2.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Is The End: 7/10

It was a really funny movie but a lot of it was 'bro' humor. Not something I can relate to. Still pretty funny and I'd watch it again.

World War Z: 5/10

I can't quite put my finger on it but something about it seemed really off. It was more than the zombies not being 'traditional' zombies. I just really couldn't get into it. It gets points for Brad Pitt.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    world war z - 6/10

not a bad film overall, as long as you forget about the book, if you watch it after reading the book and hoping for a movie version of the book, you will be dissapointed, as the name is basically the only think they have taken from the book (and zombies). the movie has a lot of bad reviews online, and 90% of them are due to people wanting the movie to be like the book. so just go watch it, pretend it has a different name and forget about the book and its a pretty decent movie. it had some cool sceenes, loved the whole Israel bit and south Korea.

dark skies - 7/10

its rare i rate a horror movie above a 5, but this was pretty good actually. most horror movies ruin it by showing you the monster early on, which makes it less scary when you see a bad CGI monster, or the films become more of a comedy than a horror. see sinister, when i watched that i couldn't take it seriously, didn't find it scary at all, but a little funny at some of the bad acting. but this movie was excellent, you never really saw the monster until the end, just glimpses in the dark.l fun movie to watch.

Cabin in the woods - 8/10

this movie was a massive surprise honestly, i didnt read anything up about the film, and i assumed it was about people getting lost in the wilderness or something like wrong turn movies, really fun film to watch, a bit predictable once i realised what the movie was about, and pasuing the screen when the list of monsters is up and seeing there is a monster called "angry molesting tree" just made it 100x better imo.
    Last edited by serenka; 2013-07-02 at 04:15 PM.
    dragonmaw - EU