Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I thought the response was pretty elaborate as it stood. It is the worst Xmen film ever produced.
    Most would disagree with that opinion though.

Most people are idiots.
    Most people try to explain their reasoning behind a questionable statement if they want to be taken seriously.

I thought the response was pretty elaborate as it stood. It is the worst Xmen film ever produced.
    No, it was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman Begins, solid 9/10
    with a friend, his gf and my gf cause they didnt knew it.
    My gf slept after 50 mins in but she had a long day so its ok but she will watch it again later with me!

Most people are idiots.
    And your lack of reasoning shows...where you stand. Logan was what most of us wanted; to finally see "Wolverine" in all his blood-soaked glory. It was so damn tiresome to see his claws as some fashion accessory in most of those movies. With "Logan" we got him...not just using those claws, but we finally saw the warrior he always was. And tired of it all, and alone, like most warriors.

Most people are idiots.
    If you cant even come up with a reason why it was a bad movie then you're clearly just being contrarian on the internet for the sake of it which is super original and cool. Man.

- - - Updated - - -

thankfully he took it down, hope many didnt see it

10/10 for spoilers on star wars one day after its release. Internet people are simply the best....

Seriously, you have to see shit day one if you wanna avoid spoilers in this day and age. WELL DONE FOR GOING TO A MID NIGHT SCREENING @George Costanza your ability to see a film quickly and ruin it for others is extremely impressive. Did you spend your own money on the ticket? Special boy.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-12 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If you cant even come up with a reason why it was a bad movie then you're clearly just being contrarian on the internet for the sake of it which is super original and cool. Man.

- - - Updated - - -

thankfully he took it down, hope many didnt see it

10/10 for spoilers on star wars one day after its release. Internet people are simply the best....

Seriously, you have to see shit day one if you wanna avoid spoilers in this day and age. WELL DONE FOR GOING TO A MID NIGHT SCREENING @George Costanza your ability to see a film quickly and ruin it for others is extremely impressive. Did you spend your own money on the ticket? Special boy.
    Oh please the spoilers are available for anyone that has the ability to think.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Oh please the spoilers are available for anyone that has the ability to think.
    Nothing better than a film review that gives key plot details a day after its release. Welcome to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the bickering. Stick to posting about what movie you saw and how you would rate it, instead of criticizing what others have said.

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017) - 9/10

I don't wanna spoil anything or say anything really. However, I will spoiler tag this one thing, which isn't a spoiler, so if you don't care about getting colored a bit, here you go:

Anybody who says this movie is obvious or predictable are probably lying.

In light of previous quarrel, decided to rewatch Logan and see if anythinghas changed.
    No, still 9/10
    Then tried to rewatch BvS
    Still dislodged my jaw due to yawns, as previously
    Still 2/10

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 6/10

Somewhat underwhelming. A little too much humor for my tastes.

Deleted

I was pissed the way they handle Luke, production, CGI, action and acting is spot on. (altho the lightsaber sound is off)
    But the story plot is my main issue and yes that lowers it toward a 6/10 because this is star wars not a random crap series but a franchise i watch for 25 years now.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-12-15 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Better than I expected it would be, very nice imagery and visuals, acting was good aside from John Boyega I have no idea what people see in this guy, just not a fan of this guy at all. But I digress. Personal views aside, I was happy with the movie, it didn't seem to drag either, kept up a good pace, Still the storytelling is still a bit weak, then again I am not a huge star wars fan and have always thought (even the original movies) were a bit run of the mill. And I am an 80's kid who grew up watching these movies as a kid still have some old VHS copies too. But for what it's worth The Last Jedi does have some good moments. It has some very lighthearted moments that I really felt was welcome.

Downsides would be that it's Star Wars and I can never get into that state of mind, I don't get the fan fare at all. I like the franchise, but I don't see it how others do, I don't nerd out like others. But regardless I see it's just okay. Also I couldn't connect very well with the characters, outside of Rey who I actually like and I know a lot of people don't lol.

I do feel the makers of this movie saw Guardians of the Galaxy, knew it was doing better at being a space opera than it was and decided to phase into what that was doing, but I am sorry Guaridans of the Galaxy will always be the better space opera.

Another year another Star WArs movie. Still better than the prequels, not as good as the original three or Rogue One I am afraid. I gotta check back, but I think I gave The Force Awakens a 7/10 so out of them all this falls in my middle of favourite Star Wars movies. Making it my 5th favourite. Or negatively the 4th worst Star Wars movie :P

6/10
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-16 at 07:53 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer: 10/10

Lanthimos and Filippou, talking about a dynamic duo. Hollywood should just keep throwing money at them to never stop making movies like this. I heard they might be making the next season of Black Mirror, that sounds like a perfect fit.

Anyway, filmmaking-wise, The Killing of a Sacred Deer is pure Kubrick worship, mainly The Shining and Dr Strangelove. Long hallway sequences following robotic and monotonous characters, coupled with picturesque establishing shots are dead giveaways. It's (partly) derived from ancient Greek literature and modernized into a psycho horror film. It's filled to the brim with intentionally awkward and hilarious (as in black comedy) dialogue. If you've seen Lanthimos' other movies like Dogtooth or The Lobster, you know what to expect. Compared to those, I think it's definitely better than the Lobster, and on par if not better than Dogtooth. It's weird as fuck, it's unique, it's incredibly refreshing and terrifying. It has the viewer keeping his mouth open in shock most of its duration. There really is no other movie like it.

Farrell and Kidman both really delivered fantastic performances, the latter especially deserving of an Oscar nomination.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-12-15 at 11:17 PM.

The Last Jedi, I quite liked the movie but it was by no means perfect so I'd say 7/10

I wish I could score it higher because I fucking love Star Wars but some of the twists and turns were just, wierd for the lack of a better term and the pacing wasn't super on point. But that aside I still enjoyed it.

The Last Jedi - 5/10? I just... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Somewhat underwhelming. A little too much humor for my tastes.

Came to say pretty much this. Agree completely.

Left feeling pretty disappointed.

Deleted
    Star wars: The last Jedi

5/10

It was just a bit dull and the plot was very predictable apart from Leia not dying in this film and snoke dying . Apart from those 2 things, nothing in this film surprised me, the rest was fairly predictable with little suspense. The kamikaze scene was amazing and probaby my second favourite star wars scene after Vader in rogue one. Some of the humour was a bit too much and a little forced, but not the worst forced humour ive seen in a film.

Overall i was very dissapointed with this movie.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-12-16 at 12:24 AM.

Hired Gun - 7/10 so far. There's some great stories, but they spend a good amount of time on folks who aren't really 'hired guns' in the industry. Liberty DeVitto has been drumming for Billy Joel for over 3 decades for chrissakes. It's worth watching though, and if you had a pessimistic view of the music industry, this ain't gonna help things.

I need to finish watching it tomorrow, but I don't think my score will change.

Edit: Upped the score slightly to 7/10, as the last half is a bit better than the start. Holy shit, Richart Patrick, Trent Reznor and especially Billy Joel come off as gargantuan assholes in this movie.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2017-12-17 at 03:27 AM.