10+ Year Old Account
    Hellboy (2019): 5/10

It was funny, and I think whats-his-name did a good Hellboy. He was certainly no Ron Pearlman though. There's a definite lack of expression in the face though, not sure if that's an actor issue or a makeup issue and it really hurts the character. The supporting characters are all pretty good though so that really helps. Ian McShane is always great too of course. Honestly there were times I felt like he was in the wrong movie. It was impressively gory though, to the point where the gore lost its shock value.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Cancelled my Netflix account a couple days ago due to watching way too much stuff and some financial considerations. On the way out I decided to "reward" myself with a couple of "gems":

The Hulk 4/10
    I think I might be under-rating this movie because of many years of other people talking crap about it.

Having said that I found myself being irritated by a few things. The panel structure was mostly intrusive without adding anything and the sound track was a bit grating. I liked how they portrayed Banner's emotional self but felt it could've been better. Eric Bana was ok. Sam Elliot turned in a great performance. Nick Nolte was ok despite playing a weak villain.

Total Recall (2012) 3/10
    Len Wiseman did pretty much what I expected him too. Loud noises and explosions make a pretty "excellent" substitution for dramatic tension. The action was decent but the story was half-assed and lacking in humour.

I also found the gravity elevator in the movie to be pretty baffling. More baffling than terra-forming Mars with ancient alien technology. Somehow I think if you're capable of drilling a whole straight through the Earth you'd have the technological know how to fix the Earth, make off-shore habitats or go to Mars or the Moon. Commuting 13000 km to get to work just seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The Hulk 4/10
    I think I might be under-rating this movie because of many years of other people talking crap about it.

Having said that I found myself being irritated by a few things. The panel structure was mostly intrusive without adding anything and the sound track was a bit grating. I liked how they portrayed Banner's emotional self but felt it could've been better. Eric Bana was ok. Sam Elliot turned in a great performance. Nick Nolte was ok despite playing a weak villain.
    I remember sitting in the theater and mentally checking out at hulk dogs.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

[ TV Show ] Caprica 6.5/10

I hate mob / mafia / gang type shows because usually the plot winds up in a situation where I'm supposed to root for a thug and I can't, so the story immediately becomes dull boring and tedious and I want to see everyone just go to jail or die. This has got a mafia subplot which immediately ruins about half the cast. The redeeming quality for me is Eric Stoltz who does excellent work portraying a mega rich scientist on a downward spiral into desperation (and doesn't fall into the mafia or gang warfare so its actually good). The Cylon plot is OK as well.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-04-20 at 01:37 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Shazam!

8.5/10

A very solid superhero movie, the best of the DCEU by a good margin. It's quite cliche but has a lot of fun with it, and is overall a very funny film with a couple standout scenes that had me and most of the theater rioting. Zachary Levi did a great job and so did the rest of the cast frankly. It also goes for the feels fairly well when it wants. The villain was the weakest part, not because Mark Strong is bad but more because his character is slightly lacking in motivation (or overreacting really) and he's yet another villain with powers too similar to the hero's if you ask me.

But I actually think I'll put it at 9 because I'm not going through the easiest time in my life and a string of hearty laughs did me a lot of good. But that's purely my own experience of course.

James Bond - The Living Daylights (1987) 6.5/10

Great movie. Kept me very interested and it took me a while to figure out who the true bad guy is. Necros is probably the most clever henchman out of all the Bond movies.

-1.5 points for the movie kinda falling apart in the last act with the whole Afghanistan / drugs for diamonds shenanigans.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-04-20 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Bahubali- The Beginning (In Tamil with English subtitles)

11/10.

One of the most hilarious and awesome movies I have ever seen. It basically skirts the line between "So bad it's good" and "good dumb awesome stuff". Absolutely nobody is a believable character, and the bad guy KOs an Elephant in one hit. In a live action movie.

Oh, and the movie is stupidly long only because everything is in slow motion, and so the hero can walk around flexing in waterfalls while offscreen female choruses sing poetry about how awesome he is. I highly recommend it, it is on Netflix.

Captain Marvel

6/10

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The Gamers

It was pretty entertaining, though nothing amazing. 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers Endgame. Still in the cinemas with credits rolling but simply put.

11/10

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Avengers Endgame. Still in the cinemas with credits rolling but simply put.

11/10
    oh please, it wasnt that great. It has massive pacing issues.

Its a great send off for a 10 year arc though and has bucket loads of fan service that is hard not to enjoy. Id give it an 7.5 or 8/10

Aquaman: Very good, I'd give it 10/10 for a comic book movie, it had everything. Coherent story, good acting, great fan service, and heroes and villains I care about. Props to Oceanmaster and Black Manta. Sweet special effects and action scenes.

The Founder: Also recently saw this movie on Netflix. If you want to know the origin of McDonalds, then see this drama. It's very good.

Justice League vs the fatal five - 7.5/10

Decent animated movie. Has a bit too much to do introducing a lot of new characters but the third act is one of the best which is normally where superhero movies fall flat with not quite sticking the landing. But this one had a worthy ending worth watching for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Endgame
    7.5/10

Endgame: 5/10

Thought it was incredibly slow and never a big fan of time travel in movies. Final battle was somewhat disappointing as well, which is kinda weird considering the scale of it. Don't really know why.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Endgame
    8/10

Liked Infinity War more, but this movie still blew me away. It took some time to get going but it was warranted seeing the aftermath of what Infinity War left us with. Every one got their chance to shine.

Also lots of emotion. No spoilers but that end battle its so bombastic, so over the top, its is perfect, it comes right out of the comics. I also like the set up for the future of the MCU and its got me so interested.

So sounds great surely that warrants a 10/10 right? Well, see time travel story lines tend to erk me, not to say that time traveling cannot be done well,, Back to the Future is like one of my favourite movies of all time, all three of them to be hoen st, and even End Game handled time travel well enough, but at the same time it makes you ask too mnay questions. Now I liked it. I did think that it was handled well enough, in a suspension of disbelief kind of way, and its okay with Avengers Endgame because it is a comic book story, so I tend to let that slide too.

I always fine time travel tends to crates plot holes, way too many. In the moment its fine but when you get back to thinking you end up calculating them in your head.

Also as much as some peoples may praise it, I was actually disappointed Captain Marvel didn't have a bigger role, she got her one on one with Thanos and did get her ass handed to her while also standing toe to toe, and the fact she opted for her Carol Manvers haircut made me faceplant too. Short hair is great on some female super heroes in the comics, Shadowcat and Wasp for example pull it off, but I always hated the Carol having short hair, maybe because I am so attached to the sex symbol Carol Danvers. So there's that attachment. But that really is nit picking, that doesnt change my opinion or help deduct any points either. Just a personal observation lol.

Also lots of future set ups for a Young Avengers Cast. We got Kate Bishop or Kate Barton in this case as the new Hawkeye, and we have an older Cassie Lang who is currently 'Stinger' int he comics? I haven't followed the avengers side of Marvel for a long while. So maybe we'll get Patriot along the line too. so thats cool

Also love that we will be getting Sam Wilson Captain America (fuck yes). I really think thats pretty sweet. I enjoyed the Sam Wilson Captain America comics a while back some of those 'diverse' changes outside of X-23 as Wolverine I actually liked. As long as they don;t give us female Thor, that comic was horrible.

Speaking of Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy looks interesting now. Very intrigued to see where that goes.

Also the deaths, oh my the deaths :*(

I kind of saw Tony Stark maybe kicking it, but Black Widow really shocked me, that made me sad. Sad in a good way I aint angry or nothing, it was done very well.

Also Hawkeye, my boy Hawkeye finally gets that limelight in this movie, he was the stand out this whole movie. I loved his arc. Always been a Hawkeye fan in the comics but he was never utilized very well in the movies but this one really made up for that.

So yes, overall, Loved this movie. I do think they ended it as well as they could but man its a great way for people to end it here for themselves if they feel they are done. But at the same time keep it going for those interested to see what the future holds too.

I personally wouldn't be mad if they just ended the MCU here. Its the perfect send off even if its not that much perfect of a movie.

Last edited by Orby; 2019-04-26 at 01:52 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Only God Forgives - 8/10

This movie was so bizarre, it felt like a David Lynch film. I can see why a lot of people don't like it but the suspense in key scenes and the cinematography are some of the best that I've seen in a long time. Also the sound is amazing.

This isn't a spoiler, look at how awesome this shit is.

Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2019-04-26 at 04:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Avengers Endcame, 3/10.

very few good moments...

Film is carried by hype from infinity war, if u thought this would be 3 hours of fantastic new locations, new characters, etc.
    Forget it

This is time-traveling into old movies, re-visitind old scenes, old characters, because hype carries movie
    kaaaching!!! Disney could screw the fans out of new stuff, no adam warlock, no godess of death nor the 100 other stuff u saw in the comics.
    This movie is mediocre, a gift-wrapped turd.

Too much on nostalgia, fan-service, nobody will care about this movie in a few years, i'll only remember infinity war.

And fuck captain marvel, hit in ur face with a sledgehammer with feminism when she ruins the threat by flying through that ship. Op feminist could have saved movie from being 3 hours of yawn....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Endgame: 5/10

Thought it was incredibly slow and never a big fan of time travel in movies. Final battle was somewhat disappointing as well, which is kinda weird considering the scale of it. Don't really know why.
    I know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Avengers Endcame, 3/10.

very few good moments...

Film is carried by hype from infinity war, if u thought this would be 3 hours of fantastic new locations, new characters, etc.
    Forget it

This is time-traveling into old movies, re-visitind old scenes, old characters, because hype carries movie
    kaaaching!!! Disney could screw the fans out of new stuff, no adam warlock, no godess of death nor the 100 other stuff u saw in the comics.
    This movie is mediocre, a gift-wrapped turd.

Too much on nostalgia, fan-service, nobody will care about this movie in a few years, i'll only remember infinity war.

And fuck captain marvel, hit in ur face with a sledgehammer with feminism when she ruins the threat by flying through that ship. Op feminist could have saved movie from being 3 hours of yawn....

- - - Updated - - -

I know why...

You sound salty...

Avengers End Game 4/10 (or 6.5/10 on the MCU scale)

It had it's moments, but it's by far the worse avenger movie, and doesn't come close to the better marvel movies.