The Dig - 8/10

I've always been a fan of Ralph Fiennes. Fantastic actor. Some may not find the subject matter that interesting, but it was quite an enjoyable watch for me. Nicely shot and some great music as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say, short film, liked it for some odd reason, difficult to judge

10+ Year Old Account
    The Escape Room
    5/10

I for one was sucked into this movie through curiosity. A movie about escape room(s) that will literally kill you? I am so in. While the movie does lend itself some really good ideas those ideas seem very bare minimum. While all the actors are really good everything around them is not.

A very predictable plot that you could probably guess right off the get go. And despite the cast giving it their all the characters in this movie lack more development, some times they all come off as a-holes, and other times you wanna root for them.

The escape room ideas themselves don't seem as fleshed out enough, they could have been more interesting ideas around this premise but it all felt very standard. while tense in some places, the pacing didn't let you sink in that time to really feel that suspense.

Average movie overall with a good premise and good acting, but very little in terms of interest. I might watch it again if its on, but its not something I'd recommend unless you were really curious about this type of movie premise.

I watched a Lebanese movie - Capernaum. It was excellent. I rate it 9.5

10+ Year Old Account
    King Kong Escapes: 7.5/10 Dr. Who builds a giant robot monkey to dig a hole. A furry takes a liking to a poorly dubbed Linda Jo Miller, who looks fabulous in all her outfits. Kong still looks like shit, but in general, the minatures and other effects have improved over King Kong vs. Godzilla. The humans are a tiny bit less annoying. Goofy fun that almost takes itself too seriously. Oh... we need a Mechani-Kong vs. Mechagodzilla movie, like, yesterday.

Wha? Based on an old cartoon? I have no idea what The King Kong Show is, but the intro song is terrible, and I need to watch every episode.

Promising Young Woman: 8/10 It went a few places I didn't expect. It's nice being surprised. Mulligan and Burnham played well off of each other. Bonus point for movie having balls, even if everything wrapped up a little too neatly. Well... OK, yeah. But...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Malcolm & Marie 4/10 - Pretentious.

Willie's Wonderland ! this MF of a movie is a 10/10 ! do not skip it!!!!!! DO NOT SKIP IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Willie's Wonderland ! this MF of a movie is a 10/10 ! do not skip it!!!!!! DO NOT SKIP IT
    I just watched this and it honestly had no right to be as good as it was.

Dont get me wrong its stupid but it was dumb mindless fun
    6/10

avengers endgame
    8/10
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Hunter - 6/10

Could have been better if they had cast the main role differently. It wasn't bad though, I mean there wasn't much to work with story-wise.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-02-18 at 04:59 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The Platform - 6/10

Recently watched this and it's pretty weird, kinda disgusting as well but yet I had to keep watching. It wasn't exactly a bad film but I wouldn't say it was something you'd watch more than once either.

I Care A Lot 6/10

Really good performances. Direction and editing are a little lackluster though.

Nomadland - 9/10

Stellar performance on a worthwhile subject matter. It's not a cheerful movie, but well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Nomadland - 9/10

Stellar performance on a worthwhile subject matter. It's not a cheerful movie, but well worth watching.
    Wonderful film. I don't think it's "not cheerful" necessarily. Despite the struggle and squalor, it is also clear that these people have a simultaneous freedom and community.

Good point--and the relationships depicted between certain characters were very genuine and heartfelt indeed.

Willy's Wonderland: 8/10
    Don't get the score wrong, its not a "great" movie. But its wonderful and quirky and worth watching. It's the type of movie that should get supported because more film makers should be taking chances on strange ideas.

Poltergeist 2015: 0/10
    I guess after Willy's I was in an adventurous mood. There are just zero redeeming factors. I've never seen a remake thats more "paint by number" than this one. But don't worry they added new colors like the father is unemployed, the mother is writing a book, the previous owners of the house put a lot of electronics in it, they go through great lengths to show how little money they have, and all for no plot reason at all. I'm not just mentioning these things because they pop up naturally, these are significant plot points and then are never brought up again. Even if this weren't a remake, its still bad.

The Little Things 7/10

Kind of had a good twist at the end. Good actors acted well in the movie. The story of the movie was decent. The movie was a more realistic story about a serial killer as opposed to movies like seven. Denzel Washington does a good job playing a disturbed detective and Jared Leto does a good job. Ill probably watch it again someday.

I Care a Lot 8/10

Interesting crime vs. crime movie. It's stylish, well acted, actually funny and touches on interesting topics. It's one of those movies that have a broad appeal despite their genre. It has a shamefully weak ending though; contrived, vapid and telegraphed. Great premise but it all fell apart at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow in the Cloud: 6/10 Not as stupid as the trailers made it look, but still laughably dumb in parts. Creature design was decent. Bonus point for the synth score and Hounds of Love. Kate Bush makes everything better.

Willy's Wonderland: 5/10 Movie felt flat. Anything that wasn't Nic Cage bashing Terminator Furries was pretty bad, and even that got boring after a while. Point deducted for weak gore and PG-13 sex in an R movie. RLM seemed more positive about The Banana Splits Movie. Maybe I should check that out...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi